Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Halfords discount for club members!

Great Job Crispin, that's a very useful club discount and fair play for negotiating it. If you feel like popping them an email to include Ireland in the deal, we wouldn't stand in your way! Have a Halfords only 12 miles away, which I do use for non-essentials.

Thanks,
Bob

folks,

I've just had some feedback from Halfords about the discount they gave us.
The response on this thread does not match with what they're seeing in-store. :( If we wanted to keep this running then we need to spend spend spend (and stop the economy crashing :D )

Is it something that is not that useful or don't we buy from Halfords? :(

Some feedback to them is useful.

folks,

I've just had some feedback from Halfords about the discount they gave us.
The response on this thread does not match with what they're seeing in-store. :( If we wanted to keep this running then we need to spend spend spend (and stop the economy crashing :D )

Is it something that is not that useful or don't we buy from Halfords? :(

Some feedback to them is useful.
I do buy from Halfords it's just that lately there's nothing I need.

I spent about 120 quid in there yesterday (my torque wrench didn't go to 235NM :icon-cry:) and the guy went to bin my discount voucher saying it was for a one off use is all ?

I spent about 120 quid in there yesterday (my torque wrench didn't go to 235NM :icon-cry:) and the guy went to bin my discount voucher saying it was for a one off use is all ?
:screamcat: It's not. it's a use-as-often-as-you-want :(
If the guy had actually scanned it the computer would have said yes.

How frustrating. Return it and re-buy it? Both for your saving and to make the numbers realistic.

I'll give the feedback though - I wonder how many have had this problem. I know you're the second to say so.

I spend so much down there they know me well Crispin and it was the first time i had used it so i got my discount i think , must check the receipt .

Now you mention it he manually punched the voucher barcode into his computer so maybe that's what happened ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That would be good - thanks Shayne.

Halfords will continue the scheme if it works for them too. The more we use it the more it'll benefit them and they would continue it. If we have instances of could-not-use then it skews the figures and looks bad for us :(
Even if I could get an idea of how many this has happened to I could tell them and they could adjust accordingly. I've had a few PMs now from people who say they had the same :(

Well I used it for everything I've need recently but it was only £20 worth of goods I'm afraid

Just off to Halford's now to spend another 50 quid so rooted out the voucher . It actually says on it "The voucher can only be redeemed once per customer in UK stores only"

No complaints here i've had a good discount but i thought you should know Cris .

Good stuff. :D

It runs till the end of the month. I've got a catch up with them this week to see how we can move it forward.

Yes, that is generic copy. Does not apply to this. If the computer scans it and computer does not say "no" (it won't) then you're ok.

New jobsworth this time and it was a choice of let him keep the coupon or lose my temper . Funny thing is i got £3.92 discount anyway and his superior who i had the same discussion with last time i used the same coupon was stood right alongside him and pretended not to notice .

Halfords head office not communicating with the shop floor i guess and not much you can do about that Cris

And i have to go back now because somehow i picked a 9/11mm flange spanner instead of a 10 :doh::lol:

Used mine (again) today, have printed new ones each time & had no problems.
Not been big spends Ie 3 tubs of cv grease yesterday & various other bits on previous visits, if it's still running next week, will prob get a new stereo there.

Andy

Back