Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Help for converted landrover man!

Vizslas certainly do no how to pull at the heart strings sorry about your loss chap.
interesting how there's lots of Landy owners turning to cruisers, for me older Landys still have there place as they usually trundal on with the odd rattle but its the newer ones that are a pain.

I have had ever model of the Defender and use a Puma for work and a TD5 for laning and trips, and the Puma is by far the best Defender yet in my opinion
My reason for going to LC is more for comfort and the refinement of them, I drive 20k a year in the work truck and don't want to drive a Defender on long holiday trips anymore

Miles shouldn't be an issue providing adequate services have been done.

100,000 200,000 300,000 doesn't seem to make any difference what so ever.

Gra.

Highly recommend the 95 series D4D.. Have mine 5 years and it has done absolutely everything, and never once let me down. Over here they are the only choice for farmers, builders and the horsey set alike. As others have said, its a superb all rounder, does everything very well, and some things brilliantly

Jbecks, interesting, I've just come to LC from 3 d2's as well! Did like them, and there's a great forum, but....

Yeah don't get me wrong they are great vehicles, and they have character and the support and spares for them is fantastic, but there is always something that needs doing to them, my land cruiser just keeps on going without fault.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I do like there 95 series to be honest I'm torn between the two as they both have different benefits

Yeah don't get me wrong they are great vehicles, and they have character and the support and spares for them is fantastic, but there is always something that needs doing to them, my land cruiser just keeps on going without fault.
If my 120 series failed to start, or conked out on the side of the road, I would be absolutely amazed, I would be dumbfounded, speechless.
She is now officially closer to 300,000 miles than to 200,000 miles, and runs sweeter every day.

At the Toyota service department on Monday just gone, say she is a good a 120 series as they have ever seen, adn she is simply lying about her miles.
Underneath is in pristine condition, with very minimal surface rust, which could be wiped off with a rag.

Gra

Iv come across a mint 1997 prado 100k miles just serviced new tyres etc that I'm very tempted with but it's close to £4k which is similar to newer models, what would you guys do

If it is a Auto will soon need a new rad if it has not been done

I don't think anyone can help with that unless you offer some pics . It's a personal choice .

It may not have a rear (?) diff lock if memory serves me right from another recent thread

Last edited:
Judging from the prices ive seen mentioned on this site, im counting myself quite lucky as the price i paid for mine would make most purists sick lol. 98 colorado with 164k miles on the clock and in mint condition with fsh etc and i paid nearly half of what the going rate is lol

I bought mine a couple of years back, and reckon its worth the same now.

A 1998 in nice condition seems to be about £4,000. Ive seen cheaper, and way more expensive, so thats what I would see as an average.

If you paid in the region of £2 - 2.5k then you got a bargain, non-runners are going for £1.5 - 2k

The green polishes up well as well.

I had a call from my brother (whos a mechanic) and he said, get ur arse round here now, my boss is selling the LC as he needs to fix the recovery truck.

i went round and asked n was told as its me, give him 2k cash and its a deal, just give him the weekend to fit new brake pads all round and then come get it. Bout time i had some good luck lol

Back