Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

im opening a campsite!

You could use the site year round if you got recognition from one of the clubs, they can write their own permissions for up to 5 caravans, its either a certificated site or certificated location, depending on club.

Alternatively, if its over 5 acres, you can have 5 caravans under permitted development rights.

Or you could use the 14/28 day rule and have 14 weekend events there - ideal for caravan club rallies.

These are all without formal planning.

Getting permission for a camping or caravan site is devilish hard, so maybe take some advise from the planners first, especially if you are in the Peak District.

Bert's suggestion was a good one though, get in volunteers to help you.

Ive owned sites up until March 2017, its a really nice thing to do, but pick your market well, attracting wild campers limits it, but attracting families means spending money on facilities - and the public are very demanding ! Personally, I'd like a small park of about 30 pitchs, all seasonal vans that are there for the whole season, no pub, no shop.

Good Luck :)

You could use the site year round if you got recognition from one of the clubs, they can write their own permissions for up to 5 caravans, its either a certificated site or certificated location, depending on club.

Alternatively, if its over 5 acres, you can have 5 caravans under permitted development rights.

Or you could use the 14/28 day rule and have 14 weekend events there - ideal for caravan club rallies.

These are all without formal planning.

Getting permission for a camping or caravan site is devilish hard, so maybe take some advise from the planners first, especially if you are in the Peak District.

Bert's suggestion was a good one though, get in volunteers to help you.

Ive owned sites up until March 2017, its a really nice thing to do, but pick your market well, attracting wild campers limits it, but attracting families means spending money on facilities - and the public are very demanding ! Personally, I'd like a small park of about 30 pitchs, all seasonal vans that are there for the whole season, no pub, no shop.

Good Luck :)
thanks wobble.
there will be no shop! I want the field to look like a field once the season is over.
some good advice, cheers.

Hey CG - you open yet? It looks like there might be some Lincomb refugees looking for a field.

Hey CG - you open yet? It looks like there might be some Lincomb refugees looking for a field.
good thought chris, but no. probable as water logged as lincomb..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks. I t does seem that we're sorted but we still need to plan a team visit once you have some drainage in the lower field.

Showers and toilets a must have to intice families, would love to meet up with other cruiser owners and share stories and a few beers around a fire. Spares and workshop, even more reason to visit!

Back