Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

KDJ95 Its not running right

I know its a crude suggestion, But have you tried giving it a quick sniff of easy start... if it starts briefly on the sniff..then at least you can start looking at other possibilities of problem... its crude but try it.. it will only knock its tits of briefly..
I did have a little go but with brake claener and still nothing

Hi Guys
She is running again bloody fuse i checked them all yesterday with multi meter and i thought today I will pull them all out one by one found the bugger.

But although I have changed SCV's its still not quite right max 50mph goes to 3000 rpm foot flat to the floor and thats it pulls away very very slow.

This all happens as said before when engine gets up to normal op temp

Could it be gear box its auto Ive had it two years and never changed oil or filter so im going to it anyway hopefully it will make a difference

There's a sensor on the auto box i believe , worth checking maybe ?

Hi Guys
She is running again bloody fuse i checked them all yesterday with multi meter and i thought today I will pull them all out one by one found the bugger.

But although I have changed SCV's its still not quite right max 50mph goes to 3000 rpm foot flat to the floor and thats it pulls away very very slow.

This all happens as said before when engine gets up to normal op temp

Could it be gear box its auto Ive had it two years and never changed oil or filter so im going to it anyway hopefully it will make a difference

Always continuity check any electrical item in isolation. In this case pull fuses and check each one when pulled. Glad you’ve found this but the question pops up why did it blow? Was it down to that broken wire touching down or is there anything more sinister lurking.
I think next step is to try running from a can to eliminate bad fuel, air or contaminants. Does your primer pump up fairly hard? Have you drained any water out of the base of the filter? Sometimes the float wiring gets damaged or left disconnected and doesn’t operate the dash light.

Had another check wires and plugs cant see anything it did seem to be a bit better than last time also changed transmission oil I drained 4.5 litres out of it and it definitely needed changing ive ordered a filter and gasket and plan to change oil again. Just out of curiosity the book says 2 litres of oil i drained out 4.5l does any body know what it should be.

Whatever quantity you’ve drained out should go back in unless it was overfilled in the first place of course. The 80 auto box shows levels for cold and hot. The best way to check is to get the box hot, with engine running cycle through all gears, then check the level against the hot markings. Yours may be the same.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Whatever quantity you’ve drained out should go back in unless it was overfilled in the first place of course. The 80 auto box shows levels for cold and hot. The best way to check is to get the box hot, with engine running cycle through all gears, then check the level against the hot markings. Yours may be the same.
Yep got those markings on dip stick. I did think maybe it was over full I only bought 3 litres as the book said 2 and when i drained out sump i was surprised how much came out. Just wondered what other kdj95's were taking

Was it ATF only that came out? No water/engine coolant? How has your coolant level been?

I would say, whatever the book says to put back should be your starting point. Then check as above or, if different, what the book says.

Ive just crossed checked data from mates snap on computer with toyota repair manual the only thing what doesn't correspond are

Injection Timing
Actual What it should be
Idle 1 -7
2000 rpm 2 -7 - -4
3000 rpm 5 2 - 5

But this I think is more significant
Accelerator Position Fully opened should be 80% - 100% but it is only 70%
so could it be the the accelerator position sensor now going to do a resistance test

I guess that’s a strong possibility. Something stopping it’s full travel or failing that something electrical. That would be an easy swap. I’m still puzzled as to what would make the fuse blow. Had any mice in it?

I think the fuse thing i must of shorted something when i was doing blink test.

Back