Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Landcruiser lj70 [creepycruiser]

Yep, that's the one Ben! Hopefully it'll mount without too much hassle, might have to make new mounting bracket, and that boxy thing i'm not sure i can use.. But we'll see...
Originally i was going for the All-Pro one, but i noticed that little red text that said "back-ordered to late oct" So i found this one instead...

Bit of an update on the gearbox; We got it loose and down today, bit of a bugger though as the gearbox + lift we used was too high to get it out from under the car.. Clutch, pressure plate and throw--out bearing looks to be correct, however, i screwed up when i got the article number for the oil seal and got one for the PTO axle :thumbdown: i wrote 90311-35004 and the rear oil seal is 90311-85004 :doh:Bummer! So i guess i'm kind of stuck right now.. Gonna do some cleaning tomorrow though, and change the bearing, might fit the disc aswell.. And try to extend the breathers on the boxes aswell!

Well! Gearbox all mounted again, no test drive yet as i need to get me some Gl-4 oil tomorrow for transfer case and gearbox!

Ben! I was hoping you could maybe help me out! That handbrake kit i bought didnt work out at all really, so i'm reselling it again, i was wondering if you could check prices with http://www.hoppers.com.au/landcruiser.htm and http://gearingdynamics.com.au/Heavy-Duty-Brake-Upgrade-for-Toyota-Landcruiser for the handbrake kit only? Gearingdynamics says the handbrake can be sold separatly.. Afterall, they are for 70 series, so might fit? Or am i way off?

Like the 70, this is mine I built this year for playing in image.jpgimage.jpg

Lots of fun to be had in that i reckon Tommy :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yeah looks awesome Tommy. :thumbup:

We need more pics and spec! :icon-wink:

Well! Gearbox all mounted again, no test drive yet as i need to get me some Gl-4 oil tomorrow for transfer case and gearbox!

Ben! I was hoping you could maybe help me out! That handbrake kit i bought didnt work out at all really, so i'm reselling it again, i was wondering if you could check prices with http://www.hoppers.com.au/landcruiser.htm and http://gearingdynamics.com.au/Heavy-Duty-Brake-Upgrade-for-Toyota-Landcruiser for the handbrake kit only? Gearingdynamics says the handbrake can be sold separatly.. Afterall, they are for 70 series, so might fit? Or am i way off?

Yeah happy to help you mate, no worries. :thumbup:

But they wont fit our trucks as the heavy duty 70 series runs fully floating axles/half shafts. :eusa-think:

Hm, as i feared then..

Might just get the stock handbrake to work properly for the time being until that finnish company get's their ass in gear and make some.. I have been at them since february now..

Well! Handbrake kit needed too much mods for my likings to be adapted, so the kit is sold.. So i am getting the stock shit working for MOT for now, then, next summer when we've moved to the new house (dad and i) there will be disc brakes and probably subaru Leone front calippers, since they have built in handbrake!

Also, started changing braking shoes today on pass. side, i finally found out why my brakes have been weird, pretty much since i bought it really! Pass. side brake cylinder in the drum is bleeding fluids into the drum! But it was keeping it within the rubbers, so that's why i havent noticed! That plus the muck that you'll get inside made for a perfect stealth leak! But now 2 new ones are ordered!

Looking forward to seeing how you go with the Subaru Leone calipers. Rear disk brake conversion is definitely something I want to do on mine at some point. :thumbup:

Hi Tommy good looking cruiser you got it's a big :thumbup: from Tony.

Anyone know where i can get new coils? I've been looking around and all coils i find is for either 45 or 60mm lift.. I run 75-100mm of lift atm, and dont want anything less..

80 series front springs should fit front and rear on your cruiser (only fit the rear of mine as its slightly different setup with the front shocks inside the springs).

They give quite a bit of lift and you could obviously get +2", +3", +4" etc. :think:

You might want to get +150kg ones though for the extra weight, on mine the standard 80 series springs wernt stiff enough when I loaded 450kg of gear in the back. :thumbup:

I read about those too Ben, some did claim though they were too stiff for the rear, but what do i know? If i'm not wrong some claimed the stock 80 springs gives a 4" lift..

And i dont carry that much stuff really.. All i have is a 35" spare, some tools and tarps.. So maybe 150kg int he back, MAX..

Hmmm:think:

You dont happen to have a height for the stock 80 series? That way i could compare to the ones i have and figure it out!

Started getting the panhard rods done today.. Did rear a while back, but never did front one, dont know why really..

Anyway, had to cut of like 1cm on the rear again since the axle was too far over to pass side.. And ofcourse i didnt have any pipe home for the front, so gotta do that after the weekend..

I also took out one rear spring to measure it, and remove the broken coil.. While doing that i noticed i could use a new set of dampers aswell.. removing the damper from the axle gave me 12cm more drop! :dance: So gotta get me some longer ones for sure!

Sounds good. :thumbup:

Sorry dont know the spring height on an 80 but I'm sure one of the 80 series guys on here will if you post up the question in the 80 series section maybe. :think:

After posting on a finnish forum (They love their offroad, and diesels, and landcruisers) i've gotten a tip that rover springs share the same upper diameter! So change of plans and i'm most probably gonna run range rover springs, seeing as they are under half the price of the landcruiser springs! (landcruiser springs lands around €400 for a set, rover springs i can get a set for like €250.. same goes for shocks..) So i'm having a conversation with Pedders now to get to know some heights of the rover springs and dampers! Also gonna buy lower spring seats from them, as they are only £2.95! Pretty cheap if you ask me!

Also got the front panhard done yesterday, pretty much spot on now!

Flexes pretty good for an ol' girl! Should have some more to give, but tires are catching on the fenders at this moment.. Gonna get new springs and shocks fitted before i get to that though!
15958327630_6d609c1ef1_c.jpg2014-12-29 13.39.18 by Vc1r, on Flickr

Last edited:
after discovering that i'd need +4"springs for a rover to have the height i have currently i scrapped that idea again.. Well, i actually got a tip on that finnish forum about the HDJ80 front springs, and on that website found the free height on those springs! So 4 OME +3" springs was ordered yesterday.. Might have gone a bit "mental" though as the free height on those is 550mm :wtf: Was gonna buy +2" at first, but that place only had those for the rear end.. Thought about it for a while and ordered these beasts anyway.. That's €550 out of my pocket! Yikes! :whistle:

also ordered 4 new shocks that is a bit longer then those i have now.. Went for Procomp 9000 series from Paddock, so i'm probably gonna have to make new mounts for them, but we'll see! Max length on them though is just about 670mm, with 11" of travel! Epic!

Back