Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Led lights and unconnected pipes

steverjuk

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
So I decided to changed some bulbs for LEDs but upon changing the passenger's side, I found these two pipes disconnected, are they suppose to be connected together or to something else?
pipes.jpeg

My H4 bulb switched out, is it worth doing the H1 as well?
front.jpeg

Now I've changed my reverse light, I don't think I'll need to get a reversing spotlight.
back.jpeg

I don’t know those pipes offhand, but they look similar to the pipes feeding the headlamp washer jets, are they working on your truck?

To test them, you need to have the lights switched on dipped beam, and the ignition on, then operate the headlamp washer switch on the dash (in the same switch bundle as the rear fog lamp switch) on mine, anyway...

1997, they both go under the battery, but not bothered to trace them back yet as it's just gone dark.

1997, they both go under the battery, but not bothered to trace them back yet as it's just gone dark.

Yep, and I’m 2 hrs more in the dark than you, so not much point me going out to look at mine. I’ll have a look in the morning if I remember...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks, just found it strange that they aren't connected to anything, thanks for the help @clivehorridge .

Well it’s likely I’ll be no help at all...

Yours is a 24 valve 1HD, and mines a 12 valve 1HZ so there’ll be differences as well as similarities...

But we can but try... :icon-biggrin:

They shouldn't be there.
It looks like fuel pipe, the clamps look oem. Some one extended the diff breathers?

@chapel gate I thought they maybe diff breathers as they did seem to have some oily residue in them, I'll have to track them back. Just making sure something wasn't there that should be there.

Well it's pretty certain that they're not original but the pipe and clips do look genuine. I'm struggling to think of anything that someone might have put in there. Like an aux expansion tank. Back up screen wash, water heater, aux fuel pump, but I got nothing!

Well took the battery out and the pipe is just coiled underneath, I have no idea why? Maybe it's spare just in case or maybe it's to stop the battery moving?

Doesn't surprise me. People leave all sorts of junk in the battery boxes.

Yea there is also loads of foam in them but I'm not sure if that's factory.

I carry spare fuel pipe. if the filter housing fails and starts letting air in handy to bypass.

Personally, I would never under any circumstances by pass the fuel filter, it's there for a reason..

you have to do what you have to do in certain situations.
I guess at least having a simple inline fuel filter would be better than nothing and would stow easily. In fact it would probably bridge the pipes directly. It’s a very good point to keep a filter inline as the tiniest bit of dirt can destroy an injection pump as we all know, but in an emergency if you had to do it to get you out of harm’s way then you do what you have to do. Both very valid points.

Back