Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LJ70 Build Thread!

Ben,I reckon Paddler Ed has some good advice.When you leave a job or
take a new career path it is good to look back with some nostalgia but in my 20's I left a job I had been in for about 6 years and after about 6 months away
rejoined the company it was a mistake.I was still good at the job but the enthusiasim had gone so within a short time I made the move to go into business for myself.A good move.Later in life I had changes in the type of work I engaged in but always was my own boss(apart from my wife who knows she is the boss) So I guess that these thoughts may be something to chew on.
regards Pat

I saw a little Zook today with a FRP hard top canopy and spotted the manufacturers name on it... of course they don't make them any longer, but it might be worth noting the name and then seeing what there is in the way of 2nd hand ones.

It was Tourer Top (I think they became part of 3XM) but no idea if they did a roof for the Bundera.

Reactions: Ben
Thanks guys. :thumbup:

Just working on an update now! :icon-wink:

Lexi.

Lexi has continued on her spree of destruction and finally killed her bed this week! :lol:

This is what I got home to last week.

IMG_0518_zpsk1okqgfv.jpg

IMG_0520_zpsdp0cilaw.jpg

IMG_0519_zpstsqyh9gb.jpg

Its hard to be mad at her though when shes that cute, so she still got a treat.

IMG_0533_zpsupqz0hux.jpg

We gave her an old bath mat to sleep on for now.

IMG_0540_zpsgncxu0cc.jpg

But it doesnt stay in her bed for long, yesterday I found it in the garden!

IMG_0561_zpsx65xszyo.jpg

Complete with mouth holes!

IMG_0542_zpslkkkitf7.jpg

IMG_0565_zpso0ijutes.jpg

IMG_0681_zpswx0y4kk9.jpg

IMG_0682_zpsvjwebqta.jpg

Breakfast in bed!

IMG_0593_zps3huebcyq.jpg

Lexi and I went to the pet shop this week to get her some more food. She slept most of the way there.

IMG_0616_zpsrgmm7720.jpg

The staff loved her in the shop!

We got her a new toy which will hopefully amuse her for a while when we are out at work.

IMG_0617_zpsnrupakty.jpg

I filled it full of treats and it kept her amused for hours, she loves it!

IMG_0630_zpsxs8oq7wv.jpg

IMG_0632_zpsdepzqgga.jpg

IMG_0641_zpsrxbetsu3.jpg

IMG_0642_zpsms9tuy65.jpg

IMG_0645_zpsetveiqku.jpg

IMG_0648_zpscad4gha1.jpg

Bec and I got home from dinner the other night to find Lexi fast asleep in the middle of the couch. She had obviously jumped over the child gate and escaped! :doh:

Fearing the damage she could do if she got out and we were at work all day, something needed to be done.

The trouble was it wasnt just the gate, the entire dwarf wall wasnt much higher! :think:

IMG_0601_zpslytniqk7.jpg

Thankfully I still had lots of pallet wood left.

IMG_0602_zpshn9plfdn.jpg

IMG_0603_zpsxv7mbdoh.jpg

So new perimeter defenses were hastily knocked up!

IMG_0604_zpshakdlve9.jpg

IMG_0605_zpswlopz3bb.jpg

IMG_0606_zpsjqewyxcf.jpg

IMG_0607_zpsfp0gml09.jpg

They simply drop in place over the wall.

IMG_0608_zpsx9dshv89.jpg

IMG_0609_zpstdwsxvxi.jpg

IMG_0638_zpsdzxlbfjx.jpg

IMG_0610_zpstwz1zzcw.jpg

IMG_0611_zpsrtiwgbar.jpg

IMG_0614_zpswsryb9pv.jpg

IMG_0688_zpsgj7xz7tn.jpg

Yamaha WR450f.

Friday was my last day at work and they sent me out with a guy I hadnt met before, called Sam. We got chatting and Sam was telling me he had moved up from Melbourne himself a few years ago and hes into motorbikes and has an enduro.
I said I'd be keen to get out for a ride sometime and he said he would too. :cool:

So the very next day, we met up for a ride and he showed me around the hinterland heading over the Great Dividing Range and South into New South Wales. :dance:

We rode through the Currumbin valley.

IMG_0566_zpsnkncbbht.jpg

IMG_0567_zps4bdm1lnh.jpg

What a magic spot! I must bring Bec her for a swim when the weather warms up a bit!

IMG_0569_zpsbmhde34m.jpg

IMG_0570_zpsv4bm3oet.jpg

Amazing views as we dropped down out of the mountains.

IMG_0571_zpsvylglmkf.jpg

IMG_0572_zpstnn5vbmf.jpg

IMG_0573_zps4utkq2zp.jpg

We rode all the way South to Nimbin where we stopped at the rather funky looking "Bringabong" cafe for a drink.

IMG_0574_zpshrtwjp6d.jpg

It was easily my most enjoyable day motorbike riding ever! No off road riding, but all nice fast twisty roads and we swapped bikes a few times which was fun!

Sams bike beats mine top end but its no where near as fast as mine up to a 120kmh! The WR450 is savage and it sounds so nice with the aftermarket exhaust! :icon-twisted:

IMG_0577_zpsjl2mguzy.jpg

IMG_0578_zpsxddsoohr.jpg

IMG_0579_zpsvwjtikxo.jpg

Fuel range is an issue with my bike and its little tank. I took a pic of my mileage when I had just filled up.

IMG_0576_zpsafm6lchz.jpg

Then again later when I filled up and another pic of how many litres I had put in, so I can work out exactly how many K's I'm getting to a tank. :ugeek:

IMG_0581_zpswhh7o56m.jpg

IMG_0580_zpsfbhbihte.jpg

It was an amazing day and I rode about 300km's in total.

Decided to drop the oil the second I got home while it was nice and hot.

IMG_0583_zpshbiih1zu.jpg

IMG_0584_zpseei7yy0f.jpg

IMG_0582_zpsnsrly3ql.jpg

It was pretty clean but I know how highly tuned these engines are and how important regular maintenance is on them.

IMG_0586_zps19alzmoq.jpg

I also needed to tension the chain as it had gone a bit slack.

IMG_0587_zpstprju4hg.jpg

Which had increased the wear on it and resulted in a bit of swarf around the front sprocket. :doh:

IMG_0588_zpswuzx18wd.jpg

The rear tyre desperately needs replacing!

IMG_0590_zpszneqltxb.jpg

Its scary to think about some of the speeds we were doing, when I saw just how bad the rear tyre is.

IMG_0592_zps91uucu7u.jpg

I also spotted that its not even designed for road use. :icon-redface:

IMG_0591_zpssfjuby1v.jpg

So I need to get a new rear tyre before I ride it again.

Thinking of either a Dunlop to match the front.

IMG_0594_zpshj2yora5.jpg

Or a Bridgestone.

IMG_0595_zpsrcgloowx.jpg

I left the oil draining over night, then the next day re-filled it.

IMG_0596_zpswou8aunn.jpg

Decided to start my own service record so I can keep track of what needs doing, when.

IMG_0597_zpst7nduxrs.jpg

IMG_0598_zpsftevsqwt.jpg

Decided a stand to sit the bike on for working on it would be useful. :think:

I will probably buy one of the foot operated lift up ones at some point, I did have one but I sold it when I down sized to emigrate. :doh:

I found a pallet by the skip at work last week which was made of some nice hardwood.

IMG_0364_zpsigrgrbxz.jpg

Came apart really nicely so I managed to harvest all the wood from it.

IMG_0365_zps5ley3qct.jpg

IMG_0366_zpswl93ehng.jpg

Decided that would be the perfect wood to make a stand with.

Did some fancy compound mitre cuts on my little saw.

IMG_0689_zpsa5jlgulo.jpg

Took all the rough corners off with a block plane.

IMG_0690_zps7qsnvbta.jpg

Screwed it all together then gave it a quick buzz over with the belt sander.

IMG_0691_zpsbheaffrj.jpg

IMG_0692_zps1iymkvep.jpg

Works perfect! :dance:

IMG_0693_zpsa30uslsh.jpg

IMG_0694_zps1mnb8wox.jpg

With the bike now properly supported I could check the chain and adjust it.

IMG_0695_zpsdn0rk0w7.jpg

IMG_0696_zps0vejvxth.jpg

I've partially stripped it down at the moment as I'm trying to fix the indicators that have stopped working.

IMG_0697_zpsujxamv1w.jpg

IMG_0698_zps4c4gxiuh.jpg

There is a flasher can that was hanging down below the tank and not secured to the frame which I suspect could be the problem.

IMG_0699_zpswqmjgafr.jpg

IMG_0700_zpsogeie611.jpg

IMG_0701_zpsw6ausjir.jpg

Car Fire.

Driving home from dinner the other night we found a car on fire at the side of the road!

The police quickly turned up, followed by the fire brigade.

IMG_0546_zpswd7zdwzk.jpg

IMG_0549_zpsfvmpnpdy.jpg

IMG_0551_zpsuevzlzyb.jpg

IMG_0552_zpsffmaeg8y.jpg

IMG_0553_zpseuzohoqa.jpg

IMG_0555_zpsj2c0vmhu.jpg

IMG_0557_zpsj5vc1j5m.jpg

IMG_0558_zps5roftiri.jpg

IMG_0560_zps2htdp4ig.jpg

LJ.

My neighbour had asked to borrow our trailer.

Not a problem I thought, will just back LJ up and push the trailer out. :think:

Only LJ wouldnt start as the batteries were too flat. :doh:

IMG_0526_zps35aym9rn.jpg

Well I tried everything! I tried jumping it off the Astra which I parked the other side of the gate. Tried jumping it with the Astra and another battery, still nothing! :thumbdown:

I even tried pushing it but as we had a day of torrential rain a week or so ago LJ had sunk into the ground a bit, so I jacked the wheels off the ground and dropped it back down on planks of wood, but it was just too heavy for me to push. :angry-screaming:

IMG_0654_zps0bno455k.jpg

IMG_0655_zpskdq6mnqr.jpg

I then discovered that the batteries had just about got enough juice in them to power the winch. :think:

So I ran the winch rope under LJ and out the back, through a snatch block attached to a little tree and back to LJ. :icon-twisted:

IMG_0658_zpsis07r7uy.jpg

IMG_0659_zpsmrzm6emw.jpg

IMG_0660_zpsgfkpgwoa.jpg

IMG_0661_zpswmequljk.jpg

IMG_0662_zpsbwe1chtc.jpg

And slowly out she came! :dance:

IMG_0663_zps62mp7fxi.jpg

Supervised by Lexi!

IMG_0664_zpsladljdtw.jpg

IMG_0665_zpsl4d8pvv0.jpg

IMG_0666_zpskdlmwpcz.jpg

Because of the angle of the pull the rope did rub against the tyre slightly but it didnt do any damage.

IMG_0668_zpsvl4rrnm2.jpg

Eventually it was out enough for me to get to the trailer.

IMG_0671_zpsvihwotsa.jpg

IMG_0672_zpsxvlqi6fn.jpg

The batteries finally completely died so the winch rope just got wrapped around the bullbar for now.

IMG_0673_zpsmt56bk13.jpg

So it just goes to show that if you get stuck some where it is possible to winch backwards with a front mounted winch if you have to! :think:

I've winched backwards before with the winch rope going around the car, using 2 snatch blocks off 2 trees to the side of me. But never straight underneath like this. :D

Yesterday I removed the batteries to get them charged up individually.

IMG_0702_zpsjv3boibu.jpg

Normally I dont even lift the bonnet to charge them and just plug into the anderson plug on the bullbar with my lead I made up which goes straight to the battery charger.

IMG_0708_zpsnbolt3ov.jpg

I did charge them like this a few weeks ago, or atleast I thought I did!

Now I'm thinking the battery charger must have detected one of the batteries was stuffed and just switched off. Then I came along, saw the battery charger had switched off and thought beauty their done! :think:

Anyway............................

Got them both on charge.

IMG_0703_zpsvz6is8yx.jpg

IMG_0707_zpssnjl7pdh.jpg

After having them on charge all day it appears one is OK but the other one is stuffed. :doh:

Wish now I had bought a pair of yellow top Optimas while I was still at Piranha and could get them at cost price. :think:

Oh well, something else to add to the wish list! :shifty:

Work.

Friday was my last day working as a glazier. I actually quite enjoyed the last week as I was out on my own fitting, but I knew I was never going to make much money doing it due mainly to the constant issues with products being measured wrong/made wrong/damaged/lack of communication etc. + Its not really what I want to be doing. :)

So I'm happy I've left and I will take a lot of positives away with me. The main thing I learnt was the easy way to do perfect silicon work! :dance:

Having worked with silicon sealant for over 10 years I wish I had known the easy way to do it from the start, it would have saved a lot of hassle and mess over the years! :think:

The secret to good silicon work is not soapy water as some people use and I used to use myself.

Its mentholated spirit which is mainly ethanol (alcohol) so evaporates really quickly unlike soapy water.

So you run your bead of silicon along what your trying to seal (in my case between the shower screen and the tiles) and you dont worry too much about applying too much.

Then using a spray bottle of metho you spray a shit load of metho all over it, you really cant over apply it!

Then you run your finger down it removing a lot of the silicon as you go and wiping your finger clean on a rag to remove the huge blobs of silicon that come off.

Give it another good spray of metho and one more final wipe down with your finger and you have a perfect result! :clap:

Almost forgot..........................

I start the new job 2 weeks today! :dance:

*Edit. I really dont know why that pic is at the bottom of this update, everytime I edit and delete it, it re-appears! Same thing happened last time I did a big update! :thumbdown:

Crispin? :icon-confused: IMG_0566_zpsnkncbbht.jpg

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Be careful with those knobbly tyres on tarmac Ben, I used to have an Aprilia Pegaso with off road tyres and some dipstick in a Merc signalled left and turned right, I had to slam the brakes on front wheel went sideways and I slammed down with my right foot underneath the engine block see pic below. Luckily I had motorbike boots on when I undid the zip I watched my foot swelling so did the zip up again otherwise I would never have got the boot on again. Soon after that I changed to road tyres.

Foot 1.jpg

Ouch! :doh:

Trouble is I need to have knobbly tyres so I can still use it off road. I'm going to get a more road biased than the MotoX one thats currently fitted, but will still be an off road tyre. :icon-biggrin:

Jet did exactly same thing to her beds and fleece rug. But in last couple months she seems to have stopped trashing them, and she is just over 2 yrs old :(

So only another 18 months for us then! :lol:

I refuse to buy her one of the dog beds from the pet shop, which are all quite expensive, until shes a bit older and can be trusted not to destroy it.

I could get her another $10 Kmart one and I'm tempted to, but then I might cover it with some strong, thick canvas and screw it all down. :think:

Puppy beds don't last 5 minutes. We found she started to keep them when we spent some money on a outdoor bed. It was a lot tougher then most.

Ouch! :doh:

Trouble is I need to have knobbly tyres so I can still use it off road. I'm going to get a more road biased than the MotoX one thats currently fitted, but will still be an off road tyre. :icon-biggrin:
Of course you will need them off road you just have to be aware of their lack of grip on tarmac.

Mum's dogs still have their puppy bedding (or what's left of them...) as they're Golden Retreivers they (especially the old one) will great you with a present - normally either something stolen or their bed. A lot of the beds have holes and chew marks in them, but the actual bedding does seem to last quite well. Just make sure there's enough to entertain Lexi and you'll be onto a winner.

With the bike, Delz runs a Dunlop D606 on the back of her XT600 and Mitas E10 on the front, with another 606 lined up for the front (currently in the lounge...) She finds that gets her most places on and off the road, but wet weather performance is an unknown due to the lack of rain we have had here... Quite a few around here run the 606 so definitely a worthwhile option.

On that note, I'm probably going to get my L's soon... and Delz' bike is on the LAMS list which becomes her excuse for a new bike...

Update....................................................

The Garden.

The capsicums (peppers) have been a real success! :clap:

IMG_0722_zpsnfjm39bs.jpg

IMG_0724_zpsi9jmht5l.jpg

I harvested one of the now ripe capsicums along with the rest of the baby carrots.

IMG_0718_zpsuvwt0tsc.jpg

IMG_0719_zpsichgjbbo.jpg

So they went in one of last weeks pasta bakes. :dance:

IMG_0725_zpscvqoam2s.jpg

IMG_0726_zpskcakyx3h.jpg

IMG_0727_zpsjvrcuwwy.jpg

IMG_0729_zps9dngjf3b.jpg

IMG_0728_zpsvtnqhj24.jpg

LJ.

The batteries charged up OK and got fitted in LJ.

IMG_0733_zpsxtnr0408.jpg

I was then able to wind the winch rope back in and fire LJ up and put her away.

IMG_0734_zpsliobxcz1.jpg

Bec Turned 30!

It was Bec's 30th last week! :occasion-birthday: :occasion-birthdaym:

It was a really fun day which basically revolved around yummy, naughty food! :drool:

I got her some balloons and presents and surprised her when she got up!

IMG_0736_zpsyg5pw0zf.jpg

IMG_0745_zpsmqtfohpk.jpg

IMG_0744_zpsgb9fj58k.jpg

While Bec opened her presents.

IMG_0746_zpshnss7f6g.jpg

IMG_0747_zpsacup2m2t.jpg

IMG_0751_zpszklbjt8i.jpg

I got breakfast on.

IMG_0748_zpsmzgbw96n.jpg

IMG_0755_zpsybppei4g.jpg

IMG_0756_zpsp8v7vvmx.jpg

Followed by English biscuits dunked in tea!

IMG_0757_zpsc5tfuqh7.jpg

IMG_0761_zpszmxrpmjy.jpg

Bec put her new dress on.

IMG_0753_zpswhw27jc7.jpg

And we went out for lunch at the English fish and chip shop!

IMG_0763_zpsfwsontbm.jpg

Followed by a nice walk along the beach and out to King Island.

IMG_0765_zpsukfnv8dn.jpg

IMG_0766_zpsvy98kso1.jpg

IMG_0768_zps4grjjicd.jpg

Las time we came the tide was in, but today it was out and we could walk to the island.

IMG_0764_zpstadkjbnx.jpg

IMG_0770_zpspreu8rqu.jpg

IMG_0772_zpstphqvqfh.jpg

IMG_0774_zpsoyt4986p.jpg

IMG_0775_zpsm2jszmby.jpg

Brisbane skyline on the horizon.

IMG_0777_zpsdogshicn.jpg

IMG_0778_zpsho2xyokr.jpg

IMG_0776_zpst4uzd7kt.jpg

IMG_0781_zpslguus5yf.jpg

IMG_0779_zpsalpgggys.jpg

IMG_0783_zpsglrhnjnu.jpg

IMG_0787_zps92uibcwm.jpg

Lexi was exhausted from all the running on the beach and slept most of the way back.

IMG_0789_zpsisa8wufk.jpg

For the first time since we got her nearly 6 months ago, we said good bye to her and dropped her off at the kennels. :icon-cry:

As the next day we would be flying to Tassie for 4 days of Birthday celebrations with Becs family and friends. :dance:

But first we had more eating to do! :shifty:

Dinner at Schnitz followed by ice cream! :drool:

IMG_0886_zps0ssaprpj.jpg

Then early the next morning we were off to Tassie!

IMG_0793_zpsunqb6cpe.jpg

IMG_0794_zps8rdlkqxh.jpg

We had some doggies to play with while we were there.

IMG_0795_zpsrkrfv6gb.jpg

IMG_0890_zpsjg6pbbvb.jpg

More balloons.

IMG_0888_zpsspghib2w.jpg

And 2 cakes! :clap:

IMG_0891_zpssti4zlzd.jpg

IMG_0889_zpsooegwtby.jpg

IMG_0894_zpsfsxrx7zs.jpg

It was a lovely few days but bloody cold down there!

We picked Lexi up on our way home from the airport on Monday. :dance:

She had shared a kennel with another puppy and apparently had had a great time! :icon-biggrin:

IMG_0896_zps5ehsjz08.jpg

IMG_0897_zpsh58jpnft.jpg

Sadly she stank of disinfectant when she came out. :doh:

So it was time for her first bath which she took quite well!

IMG_0902_zpsydiksesl.jpg

IMG_0900_zpswh9qtyfs.jpg

IMG_0899_zpsojqkbdwl.jpg

IMG_0903_zps3izl5c5b.jpg

The Bike.

I picked up a new rear tyre from the mxstore.com.

Decided to match my front Dunlop one.

IMG_0809_zpsswd4hwuf.jpg

New tyre and heavy duty tube.

IMG_0813_zpsuqtvhpku.jpg

IMG_0814_zpsrwu4260s.jpg

IMG_0815_zpsnerzy1z1.jpg

IMG_0816_zpszmuyvn87.jpg

Removed the wheel.

IMG_0817_zpsb9eod2lh.jpg

having never changed a motorbike tyre before, I did the obvious thing and consulted Youtube.

This video in particular I found to be excellent. :clap:

So armed with the Ipad playing the video I set to it.

IMG_0818_zpsvd1up8vs.jpg

IMG_0819_zps17utwdo9.jpg

One bead off.

IMG_0820_zps3sr0vrxm.jpg

IMG_0821_zpsfnygeves.jpg

Flipped it over and popped the other side off.

IMG_0822_zpsyh4so0br.jpg

IMG_0823_zpskbnmirmh.jpg

Fitting the new one I found spraying window cleaner around the tyre, as per the suggestion in the video really did help with getting the new tyre on! :clap:

The one difficulty I did run into was getting the valve through the rim as my hands were too big. After a bit of swearing and struggling I managed to wedge a block of wood in between the rim and the tyre enough for me to get my hand in to poke the valve through.

IMG_0824_zpsnzl4esjc.jpg

IMG_0825_zpsp0yder3k.jpg

The next area I struggled with was popping the very last bit of the bead of the tyre on as thats where the beadlock was.

IMG_0826_zpsjdzrd58x.jpg

IMG_0827_zpseewalpvs.jpg

I popped the tyre back off more in that area and then managed to wiggle the beadlock more inside the tyre and then I was able to pop the bead on completely.

IMG_0828_zps0owy8waa.jpg

I started inflating it and was worried I might have pinched the tube or damaged it with the tyre levers as there were some bubbles coming out. :doh:

IMG_0829_zpsrvwjr7nw.jpg

But it inflated OK and at about 30psi the tyre bead popped on and fully seated!

IMG_0830_zps3n0hwywb.jpg

I let some air out and then made a note of what pressure it was at.

IMG_0831_zpslygevib9.jpg

The next morning I was delighted to see the pressure hadnt dropped! :dance:

IMG_0872_zpslhjeduej.jpg

As per the video, I didnt tighten the valve nut against the rim as one would expect, but instead against the valve cap. So that if the tyre spins on the rim slightly its less likely to tear the valve off apparently. :ugeek:

IMG_0873_zpsq2djckeh.jpg

I could then refit the wheel.

IMG_0881_zpsoyswdbaz.jpg

Work.

I decided after having a week off I should probably try and get some agency work for a few days this week as I dont start my new job until next week. :think:

A quick call round the agencies and I got some reasonably well paying work at a place that builds portable buildings. :cool:

It was a huge place employing lots of tradesmen and it was a really interesting place to work! It was a mix between a building site and a factory! we were working on 2-3 bed homes which split in 2 for transport and mainly go to retirement villages and school buildings which consist of 2 class rooms, toilets and a big covered deck area on the front. The schools split into 5 sections for transport on 5 trucks. the buildings go anywhere in Queensland from the Gold Coast to Cape York to Birsdsville! :ugeek:

IMG_0835_zpsctfj8ekx.jpg

IMG_0832_zps0npq4t7g.jpg

IMG_0834_zpsyqgut4bq.jpg

I was cladding the houses in a Canadian plastic product.

IMG_0836_zpsxu87yxnr.jpg

IMG_0837_zpspuhmvuqf.jpg

IMG_0840_zpscx9pnh3f.jpg

IMG_0841_zpsw37de0ba.jpg

We were working outside but they also had a huge building with dozens more houses and schools being built.

IMG_0846_zpso90ofpwg.jpg

IMG_0850_zpso4ft3iwz.jpg

They move the sections of buildings around with huge forklifts sporting really long forks.

IMG_0843_zpst9podfbc.jpg

IMG_0848_zpsi28sltwj.jpg

These were the school buildings.

IMG_0854_zpspp8keom9.jpg

IMG_0855_zpszptavt59.jpg

IMG_0852_zpspa3usvf6.jpg

IMG_0853_zps34yi2e47.jpg

Decided I wont go back Monday as I'd like a long weekend before I start my new job on Tuesday. :icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
Did better than we did with the bike tyre.... god knows how many holes we ended up with on the front tyre....

Prebuilt cabins are good money; there's a company in Armidale who do them as well, again 2 parts for a 3 bedroom cabin. They do caravan park and residential spec of them, with slightly different appearances and interior fitout

Thanks Ed. :thumbup:

Apparently fronts are easier to change than rears, according to that video above. :shifty:

While on the subject of off road motor bikes, heres a nice little video about the truck I helped build when I worked at the Unimog place. :cool:

Hey Ben,

How is the new job going? Hoping that the deathly silence is a sign of good things in that you are flat out?

Just tuned in Ben, after a long absence.

Many Happy belated's to Bec for her Birthday a while back... :eusa-whistle:

Good to see you surviving, rather well it seems :thumbup:

Apologies, I dont seem to get on here as much these days. :icon-redface:

The new job is going really well! :dance:

I'm working in the maintenance department of the big new hospital here on the Gold Coast. Its only 2 years old and cost $1.8 billion to build!

Its a nice steady job with no pressure or stress. The jobs come through on the I pad they gave me and I just work my way through them. :icon-cool:

Amazing hourly rate and with the holiday entitlement, 13 RDO's a year and public holidays it works out to about 8 weeks paid leave a year! :dance:

Will try and get a little update up over the next few days. :icon-wink:

Reactions: Pat
Sounds fantastic, at least you can build up the reserves a bit, if the money is good :thumbup:

Back