London Meet-up

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
zimbabwe
Hi all,

Been mooted elsewhere that those in London try to get together for a beer and chat fairly regularly.

First opportunity is Thursday 27th October at 18:00. Venue TBD but will be pretty central so as many as possible can make it.

My thoughts would be near Bank, Liverpool Street or London Bridge tubes, but that's because I'm a London newbie, so open to suggestions!

I'll add attendees to this post out of interest, more than policing. If it gets big enough and regular enough we can decide on a selection of venues - sort of an extended pub-crawl without the large hangover (for some :lol:)

Hope to see you Thursday!

Gary

You can put me on the list Gary :thumbup:

Bank or London Bridge for me please. they are both on the Northern Line from Morden :thumbup:

Ok let's make it Bank

Andrew - seeing as you are RIGHT THERE (cheek) can you recce a reasonable RV point for us and advise?

Cheers

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Counting House is an ok venue - most pubs are pretty busy but this one is big. Gary you are going to freak at the City pint prices!

Gary Stockton said:
Ok let's make it Bank

Andrew - seeing as you are RIGHT THERE (cheek) can you recce a reasonable RV point for us and advise?
:thumbup: I'll take a hit for the team and drag myself out this evening to trial a few places after work and report back.

I did notice that there is a pub/bar called Bluu a stone's throw from my office entrance. Wouldn't want to recommend it before testing though :mrgreen:

Hi Guys,

Let us know when you've picked the venue.

I'll try to get there for 18:00

Looking forward to it. :thumbup: :thumbup:

PS: There is a nice bar/pub venue called the Crosse Keys, 9 Gracechurch Street, London, EC3V 0DR.

So Andrew, you've had a couple of days for the babelaas to settle - did you find something suitable? Or do we go to the Crossed Keys?

If Crosse Keys is recommended, then lets go with that. The pub I sampled on Friday night was adequate but nothing great. Pretty small and crowded and the weather forecast isn't great so standing outside isn't an option!

Right then -

Thursday 27th at 18:00 at Crosse Keys, 9 Gracechurch Street, London, EC3V 0DR

All welcome!

See you there - if I can find the place :lol:

Sorry, won't make it :( By the time I leave work, get home, leave for london and arrive :violin: :violin:

The Welham Green chapter is having one tomorrow though

Catch public transport to work for once - and then come straight to Bank after work!

with the risk of more :violin: ... can't really get trains to here without going into London.
as for next month I should be back in the city (puke) so... :dance:

Thursday it is then!

Just a silly question..........how would I recognise you guys? :think: Without a TLC or muddy boots I'm not sure how to do this. I probably be in a suit myself.

Any suggestions? :whistle:

goingdownsouth said:
Thursday it is then!

Just a silly question..........how would I recognise you guys? :think: Without a TLC or muddy boots I'm not sure how to do this. I probably be in a suit myself.

Any suggestions? :whistle:
I was thinking of wearing my pink ballet tutu, but I though that might be a bit OTT so I will wear the white one :lol: :lol:
Nah! I will be wearing a blue Toyo baseball cap :thumbup:

:lol:

Listen for the Saffa accents in a group - and look for Andrew coz he's tallest!

Back