Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Morning you lot!

Where about are you based? I am just inside the M25 on the east side

Not a lot, but there are a few nice drives in Kent and South in East Sussex. For the real longer drives, need to get away from London

The Hope no - I hear they have a bloody good beer festival now and then, sounds like your local Jacob.

Did a few reccies tonight of some the the BOAT's around Ashtead/Dorking area, everyone of them has concrete bollards or a gate, going to have to head out - Where in east Sussex do you recommend GeekoKent, might even go over Salisbury way .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
No, not been for a while but I used to call in for a pint and a bowl of bigos (Polish pork and sauerkraut stew) whenever I was in the area. Cracking pub.

There’s some near Hindhead. SX4x4 Response are going there on the 27th. I may join them.

Last edited:
If you are ok heading out to Salisbury area - that's the thing really. Nothing else that open and extensive around here.

We would be up for a day or two out on Salisbury planes, will head over to Hindhead this weekend, can go via Dorking as there is a few nice routes on the way, should be fun :)
We could also tag along on the 27th if its an open invitation, no worries if its not!

Probably not ‘open’ as such but I can ask and will let you know. I doubt it would be a no.

I did not know such an Org existed (Surrey 4x4 Response) what a fantastic idea, I have signed up

Nice one James. :thumbup: We’ve teamed up with a few of the guys from Surrey for Simex exercise in Portsmouth for the last couple of years. Seem a pretty good bunch.
You’ll probably get a bit more snow than us. :lol:

I’ll have to amend my SX4X4R post now. :)

Right then chaps, just had the news from the garage.
Dropped her in this morning as I wanted a spanner I trust to go over her, she came out on top all apart from a seized rear transmission bolt (they could not check the fluids here) and the rear torsion bar front mounting is corroded so needs a little plate to toughen this up.
Apart from that all great.. Should I tell you about my nightmare last night which had the truck being lifted up and the chassis just fell off.
Only other thing to mention - someone has taken half of the clips of the air filter - and not returned them, minor :)

Apart from that all great.. Should I tell you about my nightmare last night which had the truck being lifted up and the chassis just fell off.

:scared-eek:
So someone’s had the body off and not replaced the nuts?

James welcome to 100 ownership under the bonnet you could check the aircon belt and bearings the bearings are tiny and spin around at a fair old rate of knots easy and cheap to replace as is the belt also could get yourself a workshop manual be surprised how much you can do for yourself give Roughtrax site a look at for service bits as well as Karl and Chapplegate

Back