Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New boingy bits

jeepmadmike said:
Looks good,

But what keeps the bushes in the front shocker eye.......

that does seem to be a bit of a fault with this kit, in that they dont give you any sort of spacers to keep the bushes in the top of the front shocks. :thumbdown:

i used some huge washers and some off cuts of 40mm box on mine. not the prettiest, but it works ok. :thumbup:

Looks good.

I am within a few days of fitting mine!

Have mentioned to Mike about a south-west day out, thinking nav ex on the moors maybe, usual pub stuff, or maybe the off road course at Trago - am looking for alternatives as we speak (?).

So your shock bushes had the new tube and nuts/bolts fitted? Seem a bit hit and miss with those, as mine doesnt have them.

Pete

jeepmadmike said:
Looks good,

But what keeps the bushes in the front shocker eye.......

you need to put something (some washers) over the centre sleeve to stop the bushes coming out.

@ pete,
the original bolt didn't fit through the sleeve ...luckily i had spares off another motor,

Trago's offroad zone is shut till October (as Anna says) ....

Oh well, you'd better start learning to drink then....

Had a look at the off-road course at Bath & West showground today, need to find out about access or if its run by the company doing drivearounds.

I'm really surprised that the shocks for one end dont come with bushes and tubes, specially if the toyota one doesnt fit.

Mine has them in one pair, others are empty.

Just have to hope the bushes come out of the originals ok and are in reasonable order.

Pete

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've got the original toyota bolts and the sleeves as suplied by wc4x4 ..

i'll try to remember to get a pic of the two items

i tried to get the original bushes out, ... but they wouldn't budge .... and the eye on the new shocks is a wider diameter that the original.

wobbly said:
Oh well, you'd better start learning to drink then....

Had a look at the off-road course at Bath & West showground today, need to find out about access or if its run by the company doing drivearounds.

I'm really surprised that the shocks for one end dont come with bushes and tubes, specially if the toyota one doesnt fit.

Mine has them in one pair, others are empty.

Just have to hope the bushes come out of the originals ok and are in reasonable order.

Pete

don't want to start drinking thank you we see enough drunks on a friday and saturday night on our front street and what a pathetic
site we see. and bath is way to far for me to travel as i get travel sick

I think wobbly was joking Anna, . . . . and it is possible to enjoy a drink or two without getting drunk and making a spectacle of yourself (something I must learn how to do :lol: ) it's just a matter of knowing when to stop, simples :thumbup: but if it's a matter of you not liking to drink then that's a different kettle of fish. ;)

i don't like drink but carl has had it befor but since something personal happend i'ev been frightened about him drinking so he hasn't had a drink since then

and i don't think a carer should drink

Mate that truck looks the cats knacks! :thumbup: Well jealous! I think i need to start collecting Land Cruisers!

Here's a couple of pics from today

3-Jul-2011134819.jpg

3-Jul-2011131853.jpg

trying to play "hide & seek" ....... and failing miserably
Photo0021.jpg

Carl

You noticed any difference in the steering?

Pete

In theory, the angle for the castor bushes has changed - there are correction bushes available, but at £100 a pair!

Pete

What :shock: :shock: :shock: hes just spent enough why on these car forums do they find things to spend money on all the time :x

hes not made of money

wobbly said:
In theory, the angle for the castor bushes has changed - there are correction bushes available, but at £100 a pair!

Pete

I haven't noticed any difference ..... if anything it's nicer to drive since doing the springs and dampers :thumbup:

Carl - Good, glad its working well, doing mine Tuesday.

Annemarie - well, as he doesnt drink, he's got to have something to spend his pocket money on.... :D

wobbly said:
Carl - Good, glad its working well, doing mine Tuesday.

Annemarie - well, as he doesnt drink, he's got to have something to spend his pocket money on.... :D

good luck :thumbup: .. mine was reasonably easy to do (didn't seem to have the issues that Jeepmadmike had)
been round all the bolts today to make sure everything was as it should be.

Back