Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New exhaust for the 80

11 years! Shocking. I'd have taken that back. Would I put a stainless exhaust costing £500 on a car that was 20 years old in an attempt to save money on buying steel ones. Hmm let me think ....

Mine side exits and I've never been close to trapping it. Mind you,. it did melt the plastic end off the side step. Quick tweak solved that

That's where mine exits.

20161220_214806.jpg

11 years! Shocking. I'd have taken that back. Would I put a stainless exhaust costing £500 on a car that was 20 years old in an attempt to save money on buying steel ones. Hmm let me think ....
......Of course you would. Only £500?....

I flattened my tailpipe once dropping over a rock so when I got that chap in South Wales to make up my SS 3" system I asked him for a side exit just in front of the rear wheel which posed a problem because of the rock sliders so he fitted it neatly behind the wheel through the bumper, this is the best picture of it I can find.

Croatia 2010 030.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm liking the look of that Chaz. How did Charlie manage to route that over the rear axle? Is it 3" all the way over the axle and to the side exit? Single box or twin?

Charlie put mine side exit as close to the rear mudflap as possible without it even being discussed
zorst005_zpsf4a360af-jpg.82407.jpg

That's neat, keep squashing mine, maybe I'll change when it needs replacing.

£620 for a gen Toyota system or similar for a stainless, really is a no brainer :lol:

I'm liking the look of that Chaz. How did Charlie manage to route that over the rear axle? Is it 3" all the way over the axle and to the side exit? Single box or twin?
It is 3" from down pipe to tail pipe and single box, just a little louder than standard but with a lovely deep sound, it's too bloody cold in the garage to get underneath to see over the axle but here's a closer look at the exit. The SS is not as thick as it looks, that's a piece of silicon tube to stop it rattling against the bumper.

pipe 2.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting thread. Getting a 2.5 or 3" pipework is on the plans for the 1hz. Charlie seems to be quite a ways from me though.

Interesting thread. Getting a 2.5 or 3" pipework is on the plans for the 1hz. Charlie seems to be quite a ways from me though.

I'm about 15 minutes away from Prospeed so your welcome to sit and watch my tv while you wait if it helps .

Do remind me though because i said the same to Nick and then completely forgot about him on the day :icon-redface:

I can't imagine why i hadn't sent him a pm with my phone number beforehand :doh:

I'm about 15 minutes away from Prospeed so your welcome to sit and watch my tv while you wait if it helps .

Do remind me though because i said the same to Nick and then completely forgot about him on the day :icon-redface:

I can't imagine why i hadn't sent him a pm with my phone number beforehand :doh:
Alternatively if shayne forgets theres a comfy sofa outback to nap on, plus he lent me the car for the day.

Thanks for all the feedback on this one folks. I need to give Charlie a bell and take a trip down there.

Same to you Bat giz a shout if you need somewhere to camp for the day .

Here's mine, 3 inch, 1 silencer, pretty loud

2z5t9w1.jpg

On my 1HZ, the guy who made my ss system offered me all sorts of power curves for different diameter and length systems.

We came up with a full length (but you could go shorter) 62mm pipework with a small firebox just after the flexi, and a largish, but single silencer under the floor in the standard place, after that it's pipe only, no tail-box.

It sounds great and the reason for not going 3" was that it doesn't create enough back-pressure needed by the normally aspirated HZ.

JME... and I'm very pleased with it!

Back