Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New exhaust for the 80

You guys with Prospeed exhausts made by Charlie, does it have the bracket that that bolts to the bell housing to support the downpipe?

IMG_4233.JPG IMG_4234.JPG IMG_4236.JPG IMG_4237.JPG
I have no idea. These are the only photos I have of it

Sorry, just looked through the thread again. Pictures are a bit of a repost!

May be going there on Wednesday with Sam when he gets his done, 3" from the turbo, will check then, I'll try & have a look at mine before if u need it

I just had a crawl underneath in the dark...

No idea if that answers your question or not but there's a bracket connected to something.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cheers Nick most appreciated.... I think I can see it there in the vid.

I made a 3" down pipe today what a faff. need to get a welder again. makes life a lot easier melting metal together.

Got my exhaust done there yesterday and yes it does have a bracket on the down pipe

IMG_2578.JPG IMG_2579.JPG IMG_2580.JPG IMG_2583.JPG

I'm really happy with it and is it from the same people

It is 3" from down pipe to tail pipe and single box, just a little louder than standard but with a lovely deep sound, here's a closer look at the exit.....

View attachment 110843
I've just spoke to Charlie at ProSpeed, what a great guy he is. He remembers you Chas.... he mentioned donkeys and hind legs :icon-biggrin::icon-biggrin:

I think I may go for a 3" system like yours.... what are the pros/cons of a 3" over a 2.5"? Will the motor run colder/hotter or will it have no effect?

I've just spoke to Charlie at ProSpeed, what a great guy he is. He remembers you Chas.... he mentioned donkeys and hind legs :icon-biggrin::icon-biggrin:

I think I may go for a 3" system like yours.... what are the pros/cons of a 3" over a 2.5"? Will the motor run colder/hotter or will it have no effect?
donkeys and hind legs? I think he must have been referring to himself, colder/hotter? I haven't noticed any difference

.... colder/hotter? I haven't noticed any difference
He said you towed a large trailer (assuming he has the right person) and said you thought the 3" system improved its towing ability?.... I could of course be getting totally confused here, it happens more and more these days :doh:

He said you towed a large trailer (assuming he has the right person) and said you thought the 3" system improved its towing ability?.... I could of course be getting totally confused here, it happens more and more these days :doh:
Not me, he may be talking about Shayne towing his camper trailer.

The 3" allows the gases to escape quicker so may bring the temps down but you tend to then have your foot down further then.

The down pipe change I did recently has made a big difference again.

Looked down the other day on a duel carriage way and I was up around 90 with still more to go.

Turbo spools up a bit faster, can hear it too..:sunglasses:

More torque i think is probably the best way to describe the effects of a bigger diameter exhaust , it might not be factually true but its difficult to describe how something actually feels .

Back