Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Opression

Bat21

Supporter
Country Flag
morocco
And with that its closed :icon-rolleyes:
Just so we are clear, will all threads where folks have differing opinions that lead to heated discussions be closed, or just ones that mention the '12' word?

:.Edit.: here's the missing 'p' from the title

Last edited:
£12 had nothing to do with that thread closing. Happy to have strong debate etc, but when it degrades to name calling etc, then whats the point?

Edit.... if the op wants the thread opened the any of the mods can oblige

Last edited:
So one word from one member in one post in the thread sees it being closed :doh:

I don't think that's what Tony said or implied.

I don't think that's what Tony said or implied.
Tony said he closed it because it degraded to name calling.

The only name calling I saw was from Graham yesterday morning.

We a number of members expressed their opinion in that they wanted it closed. Perhaps me closing it was a mistake, it's not something that I often do on this forum. You have called me out on it, and now I find myself having to defend said action.

I will defer this to the other admins and mods, and will happily open the thread again if so deemed.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Tony said he closed it because it degraded to name calling.

The only name calling I saw was from Graham yesterday morning.

I kind of agree in principle however the OP on "that" thread did open with heedless, grasping little wormand although we do not know whom it was directed at it was clearly directed at someone.

Censorship does seem to have increased here recently hence the implementation of the "Pub" board. The "A bit of controversy" thread,however, is the first I remember in nearly 3 years of being a member being closed.

Last edited:
Censorship was not my intention :icon-rolleyes:. I will open the thread and let you girls carry on. Past the point of caring

As we used to say when I was 7: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT :dance:

That thread was going no further than my one is bigger than yours, . . . and I can see this one doing the same. . . . . Pathetic

Last edited:
Censorship was not my intention :icon-rolleyes:. I will open the thread and let you girls carry on. Past the point of caring
Thank you Tony, although it was never about carrying on :doh:

That thread was going no further than my one is bigger than yours, . . . and I can see this one doing the same. . . . . Pathetic
A strange analogy there Chas, not sure how you have arrived at that one :?

By creating this thread I have been accused of "kicking the hornets nest", so I will say no more.... but this is all rather sad and insular if I may say so.

I suggest that those who disagree with this sort of thread make no more comments, then we'll see who the winging worms are
blah-blah-0006.gif

Byee.

Last edited:
So one word from one member in one post in the thread sees it being closed :doh:
Wouldn't have happened with BC&B.
or
Anything go's on another lively forum

I think the OP should state on open forum, just who he was calling a worm, if the balls are there.

Gra

Last edited:
Presumably everyone should have read the rules of the forum and are therefore bound by them. I havn't. I expect there is a rule about the admin being able to close threads. If that is the case no one can complain about a thread.

I don't see much point in banning a thread as long if it complies with law and is not going to get anyone into trouble. The audience can not visit the thread again if they don't like it.

Frank

Can't we all just be friends, bound by a common obsession with Landcruisers. It is after all why this exists and we are here at the end of day...no?

Pay, don't pay... Whatever. It's really not worth getting riled up about.

Can't we all just be friends, bound by a common obsession with Landcruisers. It is after all why this exists and we are here at the end of day...no?

That's a very bad stutter you have there Ryan.

Why post the exact same reply 4 and a half hours later :doh:

Last edited:
Shows how concerned you are Ryan, sending emails in your sleep, now!:lol:

Back