Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Opression

It's a type of pigeon, that traditionally is rolled and smoked, Ryan. Very popular here in the UK in years gone by when tobacco was in short supply after the war. if you want to know about the war, ask Chas. He was there for both of them.

Yep, there was a knack to it though, tying its feet together was the trickiest part...:icon-rolleyes:

Thanks Chas! You make me feel young again! Filling the tank on your Lambretta when I was only 6 years old!! You poor old thing!! :lol: A bit before the "Mods" phase I suppose, it wasn't a 200SX was it?

I WAS one of the Mods Clive, LI 150 Lambretta all done up like a chrome Christmas tree, my next scooter was a 200 GT, it was GT not SX.
I got the first one sold by Claude Rye (a big bike shop back then) only 200cc but believe it or not the acceleration was actually faster than an Jaguar E-Type, nowhere near the top speed though, only about 85mph but very fast for those times.
vespa-013.gif

Woodies, where are they now Frank? !! You could buy singles in those days or if you were flush, a pack of 5!

Fish & chips for 1s 10 pence on the way home... :violin: remember it well....

used to have a dog called woodbine, only had 2 legs, used to take him out for a drag:icon-biggrin:

Sorry Chas, I do apologise. Of course.

I meant the Boer war. Silly me.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I wouldn't know the difference between a GT or a SX, but youre right, the 200s were quick off the mark. I was no rocker, but spent (misspent) a lot of my teens on the back of my mate Martin's Triumph Trophy T25W, 250cc if IRC and pretty quick for those days.

We were out riding one time down Cheddar Gorge, and came up behind a pack of Hells Angels who had surrounded a poor unfortunate Mod who had drifted back from his pack on a Vespa. Poor bugger, two rockers one each side reached down and picked up his back wheel. They were doing about 50 mph and the guy went into an uncontrollable front wheel wobble. As he was about to fall, the dropped him from a great height and he bounced and wobbled diagonally across the road through a hedge and into a deep ditch.

We held right back and helped him out. He was terrified. Not just from the crash, but the 'Angels were really nasty in those days. Plenty of broken beer glasses in the face and stuff like that.

Good old days eh? :icon-rolleyes:

I just goggled Lambretta SX & GT and they look identical so maybe they were one and the same.
I was a member of a youth club in Slough (come friendly bombs :icon-twisted:) and the mods and rockers existed side by side, never actually mixing but there was never any trouble.

Back