Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Project 'red van' (says the 4 year old) build thread

Nope it's been sat in the car park for the last two months. Considering selling but know its not worth naff all as it stands.

Only so may hours/days/weeks/months/years in a life
I've spent my whole life down that rabbit hole..
Seems like you've broke its back, ime sometimes it's the final push which is the hardest.

I'm guessing the lock down is getting to you Fin , I know my enthusiasm for the trucks has gone on the back burner i've no patience when i can't go an get what i need when i need it . Just so you know your not the only one .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm sorry to hear that.

Fortunes and circumstances can soon change again for the better.

Not trying to sound all philosophical.

Wish you the best of luck.

Fin - this has been a great project that I've followed all the way - have learnt so much and really admire you're "let me at it" attitude - so much so that you've inspired me to sort my own Collie out - thank you .

.... and I'm another in the Shayne school of thought - keep it

Thanks guys, the support really appreciated. We'll see, will think about it for a bit.... If not... One of you might get a steal of a deal lol

Truck and all parts for sale. PM me with offers.
Hang in there if you can mate, My 12v reso/project has been one step forward three back for a while now.. And i have thought about chucking the towel in and getting rid... Some days i just walk away from it and calm down, My biggest problem is that im on my own, You seem to have a lot of support and help.. What i do is read through other Resto/ builds and it seems to give me inspiration...( One of them being yours ) Im too far into mine to let it go But i do have Down days like all of us that have taken on rebuilds.... Time/money and Patience (and someone to lend a hand) Slow me down..... You should be proud of what you have done to that old Collie.. Go back to the first page and have a look at the state they are in when you first started.. I do, and i think 'yeh' Iv done quite a bit to this old Truck... Crack On:thumbup:

Hang in there if you can mate, My 12v reso/project has been one step forward three back for a while now.. And i have thought about chucking the towel in and getting rid... Some days i just walk away from it and calm down, My biggest problem is that im on my own, You seem to have a lot of support and help.. What i do is read through other Resto/ builds and it seems to give me inspiration...( One of them being yours ) Im too far into mine to let it go But i do have Down days like all of us that have taken on rebuilds.... Time/money and Patience (and someone to lend a hand) Slow me down..... You should be proud of what you have done to that old Collie.. Go back to the first page and have a look at the state they are in when you first started.. I do, and i think 'yeh' Iv done quite a bit to this old Truck... Crack On:thumbup:
Thanks Higgy appreciate the sentiment mate.

Ouch , sometimes circumstance dictates these things but i hope its not because the lock down has left you stranded .

You have invested so much and it was all coming together , it will be worth a lot more finished .

Ouch , sometimes circumstance dictates these things but i hope its not because the lock down has left you stranded .

You have invested so much and it was all coming together , it will be worth a lot more finished .
Unfortunately I don't have the skillset to finish it

I just went back to look at the pics and as far as i can tell the final push is just cosmetic , bit of sanding and a bit of paint what else ?

I just went back to look at the pics and as far as i can tell the final push is just cosmetic , bit of sanding and a bit of paint what else ?
Fabrication. Inner arches. Bumpers. Etc.

Back