Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Project 'red van' (says the 4 year old) build thread

Regarding the drain plug, worse case scenario you could manually pump out the oil from the fill plug and then re-fill. You might not be able to get 100% of it out but it should be OK. I think the rear diff goes through a lot more wear than the front anyway.

weld a nut onto the fubbered diff plug nd i got my upper ball joints out using a fork splitter and violence lol , i was replacing the joints anyway .

Bit more arch progress...

received_225174071828209.jpeg received_182063036189309.jpeg

Awesome, coming on nicely:thumbup:

I assume you didn't fancy mirroring the "square" look of the front arches at the rear too?

We thought a out it but it doesn't flow right on the rears... Will get some side on shots when it's done as it makes sense from the side

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Fair enough - it wasn't a criticism btw just an observation. :thumbup:

Just a thought 'Fin'..... Have you looked into what the man at the MOT centre will say about steel Arches..( Sorry if this has been asked before)..... The Trucks looking Good tho Mate:thumbup:

Just a thought 'Fin'..... Have you looked into what the man at the MOT centre will say about steel Arches..( Sorry if this has been asked before)..... The Trucks looking Good tho Mate:thumbup:
Hey Higgy. . Well we checked after and so long as the radius is 3mm all is well... Just as well its 3mm sheet!

Last edited:
Bloody brilliant! Looks good, sounds even better. A lot of work but it has really been worth it. You've got a keeper there. Congrats!

Bloody brilliant! Looks good, sounds even better. A lot of work but it has really been worth it. You've got a keeper there. Congrats!
Cheers dude! Tons more work to do yet but yeah this is fantastic!

Question to you all... Common cause of abs light being on? I'm guessing one of the expensive sensors!

Clean the sensors first but i tore my truck apart several times tracing seat belt wiring and everything i could think of without luck until i replaced the steering wheel clockspring .

Maybe i broke it spinning the wheel while steering rack and everything was off ?

Back