Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pyreness June - July

Very nice too Gary!

I think the first lesson we all learn when driving tracks or off-road, is to expect the unexpected. Your "rock" incident is typical, sometimes even the most simple maneuver can throw up a problem.

Murphy's law kicks in at the most unexpected times, just glad that it was an easy fix and not something that set you back.

You did really well as a first-trip experience, and despite the colourful language, you kept your head, well done!

Thanks,

Maybe I should bleep out the swearing. I was angry with myself I thought I messed up. I saw the rock, which was on the left, I thought I hadn't left room when swinging round onto the track. Once I knew it wasn't my fault I was ok. The tyre just gripped the rock when braking and pulled it out the ground. It was huge, with hi site, I wish taken pics, there you go.

Just out of interest, does the link to the route work for you. Its in the comments.

Regards
G.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks,

Maybe I should bleep out the swearing. I was angry with myself I thought I messed up. I saw the rock, which was on the left, I thought I hadn't left room when swinging round onto the track. Once I knew it wasn't my fault I was ok. The tyre just gripped the rock when braking and pulled it out the ground. It was huge, with hi site, I wish taken pics, there you go.

Just out of interest, does the link to the route work for you. Its in the comments.

Regards
G.

Sorry Gary, I'm the wrong person to ask. I opened it directly from the thread and watched the vid right the way through, and the route shows well in the first frames, but I don't even know how to access the comments, unless I open it in YouTube, I suppose.

Ok, I've just found Day 6 on YouTube and yes, the link in the comments does work, it shows me this ...

image.png

Looks fab Gary. Was it all a one way road? Didnt see another except the first 30 secs. Very nice scenery.

HI

50/50 as I remember. I did most of the same track the day before, I wanted to go back hoping there would be less rain, as some of the scenery look interesting.

Thanks for watching.

G.

Nice, I see you started at the campsite we used last year and recommended
And at tend of day you camped in middle of a ski run :)

We didn't camp on the hills, cos signs saying no camping in the national park
But don't know how they could enforce that in a industrialised ski centre
But it put us off camping higher up in the hills away from ski area

OMG :)

I had no idea, I guess not being the sharpest knife in the drawer has some advantages lol.

I can't speak or read a word of Spanish, maybe they should English translations on the signs.

Yeah the campsite was nice, nice situ.

Andy your recommended route is coming up next.

G.

Hi Gary
Been great looking at the coverage of your trip. Have you got the coordinates or any map information as were planning a trip there next year.I opened the link you posted previously but just had one day A to b

Last edited:
Hi Gary sorry just looked back to your post on page 2 and found you have put your rote there thanks

Last edited:
Back