Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pyreness June - July

Nice one

One of my top 5 trails driven ever
But looks like you didn't drive all of t and missed about anothrrr 5-10km

Absolutely loved the Pyrenees
I'll be back for more I'm sure

Oh dear, it means I'll have to go back and finish it, what a bummer, NOT. :)

Should have carried on straight and not turned left, just when I took the drone video?

G.

Yup,you turned off too early, there was a nice parking area another 2km further on by a river and waterfalls, nice spot for a brew and hike

Absolutely loved the Pyrenees
I'll be back for more I'm sure
Did you drive these trails we have just been discussing on your trip Chris ?
Amongst those I sent you info for

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Picnic areA
IMG_3089.JPG
IMG_3088.JPG

At the moment, Im thinking that my next big adventure is to go back to this area and explore it for a couple of weeks or so.

I like the way you cut between the drone and the truck footage Gary, keeping the soundtrack from the truck. It was a good move in the editing.

You've learned a lot in this process, and it shows.

Really nice to watch!

Not a clue
We just got off the ferry and drive in the mountains until we got to the other end
Done

Last time I spend time helping you Chris ;) hahaaa

Hi Andy

Yes I did use Google maps, which 85% of the time works great. Maps you can run off line but not the overlaid routes. So I would randomly loose my route. I would have to reconnect and reload the planned route. A pain in the butt. Google maps was great for getting me across towns or finding ATM. So I could just touch on the road I wanted to get to the other side of a town, press directions and off I went while still driving. Great for finding local camp sites too and then getting me there. I had a TomTom, but never used it as it wasn't needed. Also not all off road tracks are shown on google maps

I'm trying out OziExplorer, for off road exploring. Let you know how I get on.

G.

Day 9

This is very short because I drive the same route back the next day and the weather forecast was meant to be nicer.

G.

Andy I know but I wasnt doing the navs. I'd have taken a chance on all sorts of tracks we saw but with the family along too you have a different perspective and we also had a tight schedule to keep. next time.......

Hi Andy

Yes I did use Google maps, which 85% of the time works great. Maps you can run off line but not the overlaid routes. So I would randomly loose my route. I would have to reconnect and reload the planned route. A pain in the butt. Google maps was great for getting me across towns or finding ATM. So I could just touch on the road I wanted to get to the other side of a town, press directions and off I went while still driving. Great for finding local camp sites too and then getting me there. I had a TomTom, but never used it as it wasn't needed. Also not all off road tracks are shown on google maps

I'm trying out OziExplorer, for off road exploring. Let you know how I get on.

G.
Thanks mate. Last few times I've been away I've used Navmii on my iPad and it's been great and works without, connection as my iPad dosent have it. Shows up most of the tracks but not all. Will try and get your route onto Navmii may be wet winters day project.

Nice one - good to see the smugglers pass trail again
And comedy Action at ford crossing when motorbike was parked in trail
I see you stayed at same campsite we did back In 2011 - xlilerra or something similar
We spent a day in the area mountain biking. Cycled back up the road and then used ski lifts to get higher and biked down again

The poor motorcyclist fell into the water as they he crossed, she filmed it all on her IPad.

Just finishing the return trip through the pass.

G.

Last edited:
I wish I had never joined this group.Your acount and photos of your amazing trip make me very envious.Up until 5 years ago I lived in Spain and did a fair amount of touring in my LC with some off roading( not all of it deliberately) while we lived there.Unfortunatly now I am unable to do any of that stuff due to health crap.

So now I will just have to become a couch journeyman,so despite my envy please keep yme/us up on all of your adventures.

Also can I just say as I read all the initial posts I amagined your car was going to be a highly converted for off road LC so it was great to see it looks like a pretty standard vehicle.If by some miracle I am able to get around a bit more I will look forward to getting of the beaten track in my yet to buy LC again.

Regards
Matthew

Back