Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2015

Hey Clive we actually got post codes here in Ireland last week, only cost a couple hundred million euros.....

Only problem is, they arent linked into any sat nav system yet!!

We've got them in the city here yogi, but up where the house is we'd be lucky to have a house number, let alone a postcode :lol:

Actually, I think we're no. 642, but nobody look for a number, it's not on display anywhere.

I can't believe how excited Helen is she gets up and goes through her lists and ticks off whats been delivered and what hasn't , her questions make me think we are immigrating :lol:

Brilliant, looking forward to us all meeting up... :dance:

You must have given me those co-ordinates before Clive, I've already got them plotted on the Sat Nav. I'll print those pics off before I leave they will probably help when we get there.

To paraphrase
C.W. McCall

Yeah, its a big Ten-Four there, Clive
Yeah, we definitely got the front door, Good Buddy
Mercy sakes alive, looks like we've got us a convoy

You can stop all that nonsense Chas, before you start !

I didn't get a CB after all so I don't know how we'll manage communicating, if we get out of sight of each other. Could be an expensive phone bill!

It might be an idea to get you pay as you go local phone sims, if your phones are open (meaning not coded). I might be able to muster up an old phone or two if you have dedicated phones. We'll see.

Getting close now Chas... :dance:

My CB arrived today , it and the antenna cost about 70 quid and shocked me with how tiny they both are !

I could get you one and bring it with me if you like Clive ?

Last edited:
My CB arrived today , it and the antenna cost about 70 quid and shocked me with how tiny they both are !

I could get you one and bring it with me if you like Clive ?

Thats very sporting of you Shayne, how much trouble are they to fit? I suppose it's just a live supply and an earth run. I've got a spare antena hole waiting to be filled on the front ARB winch bumper, so there wouldn't be any body drilling to be done.

If if you think we can fit it without wasting too much precious 'touring time' I'd be well chuffed if you did get me one.

I've already got Chas bringing me some goodies, so there's good reason to burden you too with some more :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Clive, I've got a Springer 3ft aerial going spare but the mount it screws onto will be needed because I originally had it mounted on the roof but when I moved it the mount got left there to seal the hole. I can bring that with me if needed.

Clive, I've got a Springer 3ft aerial going spare but the mount it screws onto will be needed because I originally had it mounted on the roof but when I moved it the mount got left there to seal the hole. I can bring that with me if needed.

Very kind of you Chas.

I've just posted on Shayne's "I know nothing" thread, because I don't know hay from a bulls foot either.

I might be able to get a mount here but I'm not so sure. Maybe Shayne can pick up the whole item if he doesn't drop and break it that is... :lol: bless him.

Was ready took the LR out and the nearside front brake calliper has give up and is leaking.
Nice easy job to fix got a full set of 4 so will replace both fronts with new brake shoes which i have as well

Was ready took the LR out and the nearside front brake calliper has give up and is leaking.
Nice easy job to fix got a full set of 4 so will replace both fronts with new brake shoes which i have as well

You were lucky the brakes let go now RR, and not on the way to Dover :doh:That would have been a nightmare!

Good to hear it's all sorted. :clap:

Pop around my house will you RR my starter motor has just decided it doesn't like me any more :icon-cry:

Pop around my house will you RR my starter motor has just decided it doesn't like me any more :icon-cry:

Oh, Shayne!

For goodness sake, if RR has to give you a tow, make sure all the batteries have been removed from any cameras in a 100m radius! :wtf:

Cant be having any evidence of that, now can we....:eusa-naughty:

:lol: no way can i let that happen ! i've just ordered ball joints because i couldn't think of anything else that might give me trouble and 10 minutes later for the first time ever she complained about starting with an awful grinding noise , best part off 200 quid for a new one to because i don't have time for a repair kit :icon-cry:

Oh, Shayne!

For goodness sake, if RR has to give you a tow, make sure all the batteries have been removed from any cameras in a 100m radius! :wtf:

Cant be having any evidence of that, now can we....:eusa-naughty:

:laughing-rolling:

got the tools sorted out tonight

SNAP-ON nut gun and drill as well

:lol: no way can i let that happen ! i've just ordered ball joints because i couldn't think of anything else that might give me trouble and 10 minutes later for the first time ever she complained about starting with an awful grinding noise , best part off 200 quid for a new one to because i don't have time for a repair kit :icon-cry:

Bloody 'ell Shayne, but it's better than losing time and all the hassle of it failing en-route. :?

My alternator failed 4 days before Morocco, and wheel bearing a week before that... Luckily I had spares for both already...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15th of August Pete , Spirit of France ferry we are leaving on , you thinking of joining us ?

Back