Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2015

15th of August Pete , Spirit of France ferry we are leaving on , you thinking of joining us ?

Plenty of room in the convoy and garden space won't be a problem, even if I have to borrow from the neighbours!

One more would be excellent this end Pete:thumbup:

Come along Pete, the more the merrier.

Nope, just going to keep an eye on the updates from the trip :)

I imagine you have upset Clive now i bet he spent all day putting together a shopping list to fill your truck with :lol:

I hate to rain on our parade but on the subject of Calais what can we expect to face concerning the immigrant problems? I suppose there may not be much trouble on our way in, but make sure doors are locked coming back.

Last edited:
On the way out we are going the wrong way so i don't expect any problems , returning i expect delays but with me and RR having trailers we should catch the attention of police i guess which can't be a bad thing given the circumstances .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
with me and RR having trailers we should catch the attention of police i guess which can't be a bad thing given the circumstances .
Good point Shayne, we'll have to make sure one of us is behind you two, to keep an eye on things.

Good thing is you can look under mine without bending a knee , i might put a couple of ratchet straps around it so the door (which locks anyway) can't be opened and the canvas can't be lifted without me seeing the straps come loose . A sweeping brush handle strapped to it like a flagpole strapped to it might be an idea .

Last edited:
I think I'll put a sign on mine.

'We Do Not Stop For Hitchhikers'

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Of course I'm behind the times with good World News, but as I see it the problem is much more for truckers. It seems that all sorts of refugees and runaways are stowing on trailer axles without drivers knowing, as well as the more organized stow-aways in the back of artic trailers.

They will probably check you over but there's not much space left in your trucks and trailers for an extra fare, is there? :laughing-rolling:

I imagine you have upset Clive now i bet he spent all day putting together a shopping list to fill your truck with :lol:

It wasn't quite all day Shayne :lol:

Just a word to anyone on the forum (assuming RRs Romania 2015 trip this year is any sort of a success) you are all welcome anytime if you fancy coming here in years to come, in singles or groups. By then, even I might be better organized :think:

I was reading yesterday of a politician complaining they tried to get in the back doors of his car and what is mr ca-Moron going to do about it . I will be all right because they only came from war torn lawless states and i'm sure they have never encountered anything as fierce as Helen when she's in a bad mood :icon-wink:

Last edited:
I was reading yesterday of a politician complaining they tried to get in the back doors of his car and what is mr ca-Moron going to do about it .

I'm no fan of politicians whatever colour they are, but this problem is international. Yes some "proper" Romanians are attracted to higher wages and want to come to the UK, but I know personally of 6 which have gone about it the right way, with cheap flights, registering onto the PAYE system, paying their taxes and other contributions, they're not all bad.

Gypsies are a problem here as much as they are in the west. Roma are not Romanians, and there's always plenty of them to give Romania a bad name all over Europe.

Currently, the problem is more widespread with Iraqi, Iranian, Syrian and other Middle East displaced people seeking asylum. They seem to be the most vulnerable to axle riding.

Ca-moron can't do much about that, it's too late. He and his contemporaries should have considered this before they went into these countries de-stabilizing them and causing wholesale anarchy. Rich pickings for ISIS and nobody to stop them.

finish doing everything ready for the 1st breakdown, hope its near a bar this time

just go to pack and stock up the frdge/freezer with grub and a few beers to keep me going on the way down

Good day today i can actually get in the trailer without having to use a ladder , the beds have support legs at last and thanks to Helen almost everything has an undercoat of paint . All i have to do now is weld feet on the trailer legs , fit a storage box for gas bottles which need plumbed in , paint it and put the towing socket back on . Fit a CB radio , change oil in diffs , modify the towbar riser and put a new socket on it , sort out insurance and breakdown cover and if i can fit a water tank . Not bad considering all i had was a bare chassis when Chas visited 2 or 3 weeks ago .

Good day today i can actually get in the trailer without having to use a ladder , the beds have support legs at last and thanks to Helen almost everything has an undercoat of paint . All i have to do now is weld feet on the trailer legs , fit a storage box for gas bottles which need plumbed in , paint it and put the towing socket back on . Fit a CB radio , change oil in diffs , modify the towbar riser and put a new socket on it , sort out insurance and breakdown cover and if i can fit a water tank . Not bad considering all i had was a bare chassis when Chas visited 2 or 3 weeks ago .

Blimey Shayne, you've done well, but it's still quite a list (dare I say) :shifty:

Still, if Helen is following on with a paintbrush, that's quite an invaluable contribution. Press on regardless! :thumbup:

Hi guys, better let than never so just booked the ferry but could't get 7.30 spirit of Britain for the sat. the 15th so booked the last one from dover which will get me on the other side @ 1.25am.
So the plan is to get across and put my head down and wait for the convoy to cross over in the morning and join in.
In my head i think i have worked this out but if i miss the convoy i am buggered cos i haven't worked out the route or the stop overs.
please somebody tell me most of you are booked on the above ferry crossing @ 7.35am from dover to calais and also is it ok to wait in the car park in the ferry port or is that not allowed for some reason
ram

sorry meant to say booked the last one on friday the 14th

Love it Ram thats the way i like to do things :thumbup: i'm afraid i can't help much though as i haven't yet looked at the route myself though i am wondering about the ferry , will have to search back through the thread but RR had us all looking for a spirit of ferry that didn't exist - spirit of Britain or spirit of France i'm not sure which one ended up be the correct one and i don't know where she hid the tickets ?

Spirit of Britain at 7.35am on the 15th of August it is , i will book mine today :thumbup:

Found it !

With whats going on in Calais would it not be better to wait at the nearest motorway service station if someone organized can tell us where that is ?

Last edited:
Back