Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2015

Veurne fits the bill for this Shayne. Big car park in the square, probably 1/2hr down the A16 and just 3-5 mins from it. Quiet enough for a snooze and safely away from the crowds.

I am a terrible procrastinator, I always leave things to the last minute but this time I have the truck finished all but two small jobs.
My back is giving me gyp though but I WILL be at Dover Saturday morning if I have to hire a wheelchair for when I'm not in the truck, got a bloody toothache as well.
All that's left is to pack a few clothes and we're good to go, your goodies are in the truck Clive, wouldn't do to forget them.
:oops:

Great stuff Chas, thanks mate.

Sorry I'm late responding to this post, haven't had a moment free to check out the forum lately :icon-rolleyes:

Veurne fits the bill for this Shayne. Big car park in the square, probably 1/2hr down the A16 and just 3-5 mins from it. Quiet enough for a snooze and safely away from the crowds.

Its not my call i'm just following RR on his trip so we really need to wait for him to reply .

i am in no rush so long as i get there this time

oh i am easy with any route and any meeting place to pick up fellow nutters who wants to do the trip

Been working on the drone tonight fixing it but its already to go now

One Q is there internet at house?

wish i knew about the goodies u want as i would help out with transport

Last edited:
Well there we go then first stop Veurne postcode 8630 :thumbup:

I assume your ok with that Chas we might even get some pics of the Starcruiser in his morris dancing kit for the amusement of the forum :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I assume your ok with that Chas we might even get some pics of the Starcruiser in his morris dancing kit for the amusement of the forum :lol:

Righto all fine by me, I'm just planning on following RR too.

Not likely Shayne but there's a few around here in the Lederhosen and plenty for sale so best keep Helen on a tight rein unless you want a spoof Christmas prezzie. [emoji6]

Play it by ear, if it looks like the convoy's coming nearby just let me know. I could even ask about camping if need be.

Play it by ear, if it looks like the convoy's coming nearby just let me know. I could even ask about camping if need be.

I think we will all be keen to put some distance in on the first day so Veurne will just be a quick stop to meet Ram then we have about 6 hours (with stops) to the Frankfurt camp i think . As you say Veurne is only half hour from the ferry so far too early for an overnight visit .

Last edited:
To save any confusion here, I'm not in Veurne, I'm in St Johann in Tirol in Austria for the next week. Don't know if that's overnight stop sort of distance or even en route from Frankfurt.

Anyway, Veurne is the first stop over the border into Belgium. The turning off the A16 just over the border is for Adinkerke and takes you over the A16 to a roundabout. IIRC straight on takes you to a road that's become known as Tobacco Road. It's where the coaches and anyone in the know stop for everyone to stock up on beer, chocolates and tobacco or cigarettes cheaply. It's literally just off the roundabout for the first 3-400 yards or so. Veurne proper is right at the roundabout and about a mile or so along the canal into town.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439358915.486694.jpg

We've been to Veurne many times, the picture shows the square on market day. Follow the signs for 'Centrum' and you enter the square (Grote Markt) in the bottom left corner with the church beyond the square from the exit bottom right. There's a loo in the top left corner and parking in the square unless there is a market or other event on in which case there's parking on the streets beyond the square, by the church and back around.

We've not been at breakfast time though so don't know whether anywhere is open but there's plenty of cafes about with at least two on the square plus great cheese and deli shops along the road that goes from about centre right off the square. There's also a couple of patisserie type shops that do wonderful individual cakes and pastries, so it's well worth a 1/2 hr stop to stretch your legs and stock up if you fancy. Everyone speaks English in the shops.

When you leave, head for the A16 and it takes you back on at the exit after the one you came off at, in the direction you're heading.

I hope that all makes sense.

Last edited:
i am in no rush so long as i get there this time

oh i am easy with any route and any meeting place to pick up fellow nutters who wants to do the trip

Been working on the drone tonight fixing it but its already to go now

One Q is there internet at house?

wish i knew about the goodies u want as i would help out with transport

Yes, we have wi-fi but I'm not sure it will reach campers in the garden. It works reasonably well in the house though, so no probs. It's steam driven with the occasional shot of tuica. :lol:

Righto all fine by me, I'm just planning on following RR too.

Who am i following?

And i will be pulling a trailer i will be to slow for the LC

Just need it for a email from my daughter, she gets here exams result while i am away

Who am i following?

You VILL lead us and don't be tempted to stop with Chas behind you he could use the pheonix to make a door to another universe if he put his mind to it :lol:

Who am i following?

Just follow your instincts, and slow is good for the fuel consumption RR. :thumbup:

To save any confusion here, I'm not in Veurne, I'm in St Johann in Tirol in Austria for the next week. Don't know if that's overnight stop sort of distance or even en route from Frankfurt.

Vuerne seems a handy place to know about , might be worth a stop on the way home for some cheap shopping . I think we are set to meet Lyn at the second nights camp in Vienna (though i'm not sure ?) , a quick google suggests a visit to Tirol would require a significant diversion from the plan i'm afraid .

What's the go on the M20, is it still being used as a lorry park?

Back