Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2015

Vuerne seems a handy place to know about , might be worth a stop on the way home for some cheap shopping . I think we are set to meet Lyn at the second nights camp in Vienna (though i'm not sure ?) , a quick google suggests a visit to Tirol would require a significant diversion from the plan i'm afraid .

No worries, not worth such a detour. I haven't really been following this too closely so wasn't sure of the route.

We often stop at Veurne on the way back for a nosh and to buy goodies.

The best place for Diesel used to be at City Europe. It's on a lower car park level at the opposite end to Tesco's and the cinema. It used to be the cheapest for miles.

What's the go on the M20, is it still being used as a lorry park?

We've often found the A20 better as it's usually less used and ends right at the entrance to the ferry port. It has saved being stuck in a queue through the town which we've had before and missed our ferry.

I believe that the lorries are now using RAF Manston as a lorry park. Not sure if they're still on the M20 as well though.

Really hot today. Due to cool after storms tomorrow/Saturday.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439484438.258616.jpg

Due to be shivering at 21-24c

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
For the same period in Bucharest, its forecast between 29C and 34C, not so "nice"... :whistle:

Salzburg tomorrow, due to be hotter but 'heavy thunderstorms' forecast. Last weeks group said the coach temp showed 41c and the coach AC was not coping.[emoji15][emoji45]

Last edited:
Hi All, Very sorry but I won't be able to make it for this trip :cry:. A woman in a Land Rover Freelander just came across in front of me, she indicated left to pull in to a lay-by so I pulled out right to pass and she turned right to go into the lay-by on the right instead. My OSF hit her OSR causing £7,000.00 of damage to my cruiser. So it is now up to the insurance companies to sort out, I called the police but as there were no injuries they said pretty much the same. I have the Discovery but wouldn't want to do that sort of mileage in it. Gutted is putting it politely. I live in hope of another trip coming up which suits the diary, I was so much looking forward to this but what is is.
I hope you all have a bloody good time, good luck all.:thumbup:

Car damage.jpg
Lyn.

Oh dear, that's a bummer Lyn, at least there were no injuries, we'll meet up next time maybe.

I can't believe it!

You must be gutted Lyn, I can't imagine the state of the freeloader, after that sort of impact...:whistle:

Really sorry you won't be joining us, but if ever there's a chance for you to come in the future, either singly or with a group, you're always welcome to our place.

You have my sympathy Lyn it looks like crumple zone damage though so hopefully its just a case of waiting for new parts to be fitted .

AA kept me on the phone for 2 hours , i decided i should have full membership even if i only want it for a fortnight in Europe and get this - both mine and Helen's truck get annual cover with all bells and whistles parts and labour etc for £274 annually . 2 weeks for me and the trailer for a fortnight in Europe which has to be a separate policy went upwards of 400 quid so i now have AA membership for the UK and following a 2 minute phone call annual membership to the ADAC which covers me throughout Europe including the UK :wtf:

I would like to cancel the AA now but i'm not exactly sure what ADAC includes as a results of much lost in translation ?

AA kept me on the phone for 2 hours , i decided i should have full membership even if i only want it for a fortnight in Europe and get this - both mine and Helen's truck get annual cover with all bells and whistles parts and labour etc for £274 annually . 2 weeks for me and the trailer for a fortnight in Europe which has to be a separate policy went upwards of 400 quid so i now have AA membership for the UK and following a 2 minute phone call annual membership to the ADAC which covers me throughout Europe including the UK :wtf:

I would like to cancel the AA now but i'm not exactly sure what ADAC includes as a results of much lost in translation ?

Just googlied ADAC and a google translation....

https://www.adac.de/mein-adac/

A right mouse click offers me translations

I have adac for when abroad, and although I have never needed it, a couple of years ago when returning from Libya a power steering pipe on Romans 80 split, we repaired it temporarily & that lasted untill the French alps on the way back, just after the italian border.
He called ADAC & they recovered him to a garage, as the parts wernt available with out a delay, they sorted him with taxi, local trains & Eurostar back to London.... he got home before me!

They said they would either recover the truck back to uk, or said they would pay for him to fly out , get the truck & drive it back.

So both him & I flew out a week or so later (with replacement power steering pipes), paid the garage to fit them, and drove back.

As an aside we didnt rush back, had a few nights sampling various local beers & cusine, with most of it paid for by ADAC.

Very good service for around 100 euros a year!!

Andy

Just about to leave in 1-2 hrs it's been totally rush just found out the car was out of mot so that's been sorted

guys i've sent you all pm with my mob. no please give me a miss call when you are approaching dover so i can look out for you guy or if i miss the convoy keep a look out for a grey lc 80 with a snorkel

Ram

Good luck all that's going sorry I couldnt make it in the end hope you all have a great time.
Stu

Just about to leave in 1-2 hrs it's been totally rush just found out the car was out of mot so that's been sorted

guys i've sent you all pm with my mob. no please give me a miss call when you are approaching dover so i can look out for you guy or if i miss the convoy keep a look out for a grey lc 80 with a snorkel

Ram

I thought you were crossing before us or do you mean as we are approaching Calais?

Back