Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2015

The photos are massive, 3MB plus, each. This will cause some problems for folk, especially on 3G

Last edited:
It's a lot easier on this page to load thank god,still worth the wait to load to see the photos,looks great.

He wandered in this morning from somewhere

WP_20150822_14_47_27_Pro.jpgNew member of the team in my slippers bad sense of smell

Last edited:
Ok this morning as we left the front brakes were not working so we return to base
Clive came back as well and between Clive and Wayne they found I was missing a bolt on one of the calliper which had cause the brake pipe to move and crack
So new bolt with thread lock make a new brake pipe check the rest of the bots as well, then bleed the brakes, test drive and all well again.
Also we fix a few minor jobs as well. So not bad of a force day off.

Last edited:
The photos are massive, 3MB plus, each. This will cause some problems for folk, especially on 3G

OK, sorry guys, there's nothing I found on the FAQs to advise reducing the size of photos, but I invested some time in reducing them and re-editing them back into post #972 if anyone wants a look-see...:thumbup:

Working for me now, lovely part of the world you live in Clive, very nice indeed.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Glad you all got there safe and that the damage to Shayne's truck isnt too bad.

Great pics (the ones that load) Clive, looking forward to seeing more. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Thanks Clive, they all loaded for me now and it was worth the wait. Some great scenery, culture and geology in the photos.
Is the weather clearing up ? Are you heading up onto the mountain tops ?
Are the guys staying locally the whole trip or are you all doing a tour across Romania?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It will fix Ben and truth is it now seems almost a shame to to do it , here she is bruised and battered but victorious like Rocky in the 15th round :lol:

image.jpg

Andy it would take a month to tour our immediate area yesterday we took a short cut through the forest to visit some castles , much to Clive's disappointment and our delight some bugger has built some sort of complex up there blocking our route . GPs wouldn't work so we spent the whole day driving the forest tracks rarely using the same one twice , making new roads where non existed taking a short cut through the river to jump lanes investigating a loggers track that inevitably took us nowhere but had me spill fuel from the tank and was so much fun I was laughing out loud alone in my truck . if you want to tour Romania (and my god I want to ) I would set aside a year to do it .

Last edited:
Glad all having fun and glad your trucks not that bad Shayne looks an easy fix.

A bit of a lazy day today.

Up late (well I was) and late getting out, so we didn't go far.

The weather has brightened up at last :thumbup:

Took the back lane up to "my hill" then made it down to Secaria, up over the ridge to Valea Doftane and down to the reservoir, Paltinu.

DSCN7257.JPG

DSCN7258.JPG

Shayne, Ram & Wayne putting the world to rights (again)...

DSCN7259.JPG

Then we drove the road parallel to the river down to Campina, stopping at a stone "beach" on the way

DSCN7262.JPG

DSCN7263.JPG

DSCN7264.JPG

DSCN7265.JPG

DSCN7266.JPG

DSCN7267.JPG

DSCN7268.JPG

DSCN7269.JPG

DSCN7270.JPG

Everyone driving around in the water:icon-rolleyes:,

I found it rather childish, of course... :whistle:

Bull,all of us kids love playing in the water.

and usbig kids as well
Yesterday was too long a day for me as we did not return to Clive house until after midnight. And i feeling not too good today because of it, very tired.

Sitting in the house with Chas as his back not feeling good today the other's are out having a little play today

and usbig kids as well
Yesterday was too long a day for me as we did not return to Clive house until after midnight. And i feeling not too good today because of it, very tired.

Sitting in the house with Chas as his back not feeling good today the other's are out having a little play today

This was my f**k-up badly underestimating the time it would take to make a round-trip. Apologies to all for the long day and the last 4 hours of it on never ending serpentines in the dark... :icon-rolleyes: What a nightmare, sorry guys.

Will post a few glimpses of what we experienced soon...

Oh please :icon-rolleyes: and while your at it the return flight from Disney is too long my ice cream is too big and there are to many colours in the rainbow . I was up at 6:30 the following morning sure nothing could cap the previous day's visit to one of the worlds greatest driving roads ....... I was wrong tuesday was even better :thumbup:

I don't believe you guys - haven't seen any photo evidence ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I get tired for a very good reason

Last edited:
I don't believe you guys - haven't seen any photo evidence ;) Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No worries Andy, a bit of patience needed...

I have a bundle of photos to post and I'm sure the UK gang have theirs too. I have a busy spell coming up which includes an intense workweek in Turkey, so my posts won't be so swift.

The UK posse are crossing the Romanian/Hungarian border as I'm typing this (11:15 am) so it will be a while before they're in a position to post... :icon-wink:

About 50 miles into Hungary so far

Had a nice couple of hours of shopping with the last of our Romania money

Last edited:
Back