Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2017 - Comarnic Visit

sadly I collard Rich (StarCruiser) into tuning in my new CB antenna, thanks Rich!

You're more than welcome Clive. I don't get the 'sadly' bit though. I like to be useful. :) The funny thing is I would have been just as eager to get the CB working as you were if it was me.

On the 80, she behaved flawlessly on the way. I thought our Space Star was comfortable for long trips but I felt almost as fresh as a daisy after each day's drive. Probably a combination of the better roads as well as the 80. The only thing I can say is that the road noise varied from quiet to quite alarming with vibration which could only be the tyres (after mentally going through everything else that it could be) as they are getting a bit worn now and will need replacing soon. The difference in road surface was remarkable in its effect. Some quiet, some noisy, some with less vibration and some with more. At least at 130 kmh the vibration was gone completely.

Last one I promise. Most of this isn't motorway so a bit less boring. Look out for Helen not realising there was a camera recording whilst waiting for Rich to catch up. Somewhere near the beginning.

Last one I promise. Most of this isn't motorway so a bit less boring. Look out for Helen not realising there was a camera recording whilst waiting for Rich to catch up. Somewhere near the beginning.

I didn't realize you got lost right at the end Nick? You got here anyway, good old satnag :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I didn't realize you got lost right at the end Nick? You got here anyway, good old satnag :lol:
Yes, the sat nav took me around Brasov instead of coming straight here that lost me half hour or so and it also doesn't recognise your road so the end was a bit of guess work.

Are you fellas all at clives but still talking to each other on the forum?.:)

Guy's, I've today travelled to Romania! To be honest the videos gave me a bit of a headache! But after the last few years of following the threads, I really want to be involved next time if possible? I'm in the process of doing a manual conversion including the 1hdft motor in my 1991 hdj81, too late for this year but its happening!

Safe travels Guys!:thumbup::thumbup:

Clive kindly led us on his 'Ridge Run' today and what a fabulous run it is too. Up along the ridge to the cable car station then back and down again through the forrest to just before Sinaia.

IMG_2140.JPG

Nick had an unfortunate episode with the shower being too hot and shrunk terribly.
IMG_2144.JPG

He did recover…

IMG_2150.JPG

And we all got muddy…

Last edited:
Thats not dirty ! This is what i call dirty:clap::clap::clap::icon-exclaim: old girl not so young :dance::dance::dance:

20170824_190025.jpg

Back