Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Salisbury Plain 12th December 2010 Newbie Run?

You can take the leftover boerie and biltong for padkos! As long as you don't bring your 120 and break it, you should be fine. Get whatever else you need for the skiing trip on Saturday :idea: :mrgreen:

Crispin said:
...I still have an old Grandtrek. I can make you shoes. Not the best in snow but acceptable.
Ah those old tyre sandles/boots.... those are still the hardest wearing shoes I have ever had! Not sure about your handy work though... I've seen you wielding tools.... not nice :twisted:

Paul said:
You are leaving yourself wide open there Crispin :whistle:
Cool, I can buy that new ARB bumper I have been looking at now :lol:

I have been looking for an old handheld CB I used to have to loan out to anyone that needs one but I must have ditched it.

What every are you guys talking about... :whistle:

I've been keeping an eye on fleabay for a handheld. They are useful, as Erik proved on the Wales trip...

Just to make anyone who is nervous relax a little.......

My brother and his wife are coming along in their hyundai terracan as they and it have never been off the tarmac, ever!

Looking in some aussie forums, it is actually quite a capable car off road and its the santa fe that is crap so i guess well see on the day :thumbup:

warrenpfo said:
As you may know i have 4 new BFG AT on rims ready to go but am yet to get my 5th alloy from Jon as he is based miles from me and so have the tyre but no rim. I was hoping that Paul might be able to help by getting it down to me but we got our wires crossed and its not going to happen.

I don’t think its clever of me to head out with out a spare so does anyone have a spare I could carry around with me for the day and use if need be or what other plan could i make.

They are 285/75/16
Warren, the challenge here is the different wheels on the 100 versus the 80 & 90. The 100 has uses 5 studs whereas the other 2 mentioned have 6 stud. I run the same size tyre as you but my rim wouldn't fit on your truck.

I would think BFG's would be very unlikely to get a puncture on the Plain but sod's law and all the that :? Perhaps you could bring your rim along and see if anyone has an old 285 to bring along just in case. I don't fancy wrestling a 285 onto a rim but if it's the difference between success and failure, I guess we'll make a plan :mrgreen: Unless someone with a 100 is going and is prepared to help if required?

Cheers,

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Andrew

I have the tyre its the rim I need to pick up from Jon.

In that case, just bring the tyre along and if you write one off, we'll pop the new one on the rim. Bring along some big tyre levers if you have some :cool: It won't be balanced but it'll get you home.

Paul said:
Just to make anyone who is nervous relax a little.......

My brother and his wife are coming along in their hyundai terracan as they and it have never been off the tarmac, ever!

Looking in some aussie forums, it is actually quite a capable car off road and its the santa fe that is crap so i guess well see on the day :thumbup:

Hmm, some friends of mine have just bought one - might invite them along. Never had a 4x4, love it.

Andrew Prince said:
In that case, just bring the tyre along and if you write one off, we'll pop the new one on the rim. Bring along some big tyre levers if you have some :cool: It won't be balanced but it'll get you home.

I'll bring the lighter fluid. I tried that once on a wheel barrow tyre but just set fire to it :lol:

Bring them along Crispin, it is a newbie run after all :thumbup:

Sorry, Crispin you set fire to a Landrover? Did I hear you say? :lol: :lol:
Now why would you do that.

C

From the sound of it chaps, you'll barely have a chance to get your tyres dirty with all the food you're planning to take along for the trip!!! :lol:

Nothing wrong with arriving home with a full tummy and minimal cleaning of the truck to do! :lol:

Just wondered on the Warren spare wheel front, Julian might have a spare wheel knocking around and he lives just up the road from me.

JULIAN!

Hi Guys,

Can i come too please, although mine's not really a 'shiney' any more!?!?

Think we full up Tommo...

:shock: Just went to the butcher for biltong. :shock: They closed for the week :shock: :? :cry: No biltong...

Ok, I've trawled through all 8 pages of this thread and as far as I can make out we have the following coming:

1. Crispin
2. Warren
3. Trevor
4. Tony
5. Andrew
6. Les
7. Paul
8. Tommo
9. Paul's bro (armed with Terror-can)
10. Brett (Les' Saffa mate - is he coming, Les?)

So where are the other Southerners? Lorin, Kevin, Andy, Rob, Jim/Pugwash, Julian, Reinhart, Chas, Dave, Matt, SimonD, Gary, Dave B etc. - none of you fancy a trundle around the Plain? :whistle:

Back