Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Salisbury Plain 12th December 2010 Newbie Run?

...before you come up with any photographic proof, I remember the photo clearly. He was down hill trying to pull an 80 over the ruts in which it was stuck. bit silly doing a reverse recovery but when someone is in need....

Paul said:
Ah yes, can someone send the location so i can mark it on the map please?

Also, was there a dispute if it is on a right of way?

It's ivo grid 2044 on OS sheet 184.

Ah ok, didnt recognise a 4 figure reference, normally use more ;)

Sorry :oops:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hope you are more acurate on the ships ;)

Hmmm interesting article, not even close, but interesting!!

Ask me sunday and i'll spin you the real story...

"...and in Breaking news here in the BBC news room, it has been reported on LandCruiserClub.net that there has been a cover up...." :shh:

And the other news..........

.............Land Cruiser Net Moderator and Admin Chief Crispin has been seen to be recovered from an embarrassing situation on Salisbury Plain recently by an 80 Series Cruiser, when questioned he denies all responsibility and says it is all a tisue of lies.............

I've already made it clear; I was pulling the 80 over the ruts. The video has been reversed.

I wonder why the 80 driver was giggling his ar*e off seeing as he was being recovered downhill by a car half it's weight :liar:

Having said that, in Crispins defence, he was on road tyres ;)

No wait, hang on a mo, I was also on road tyres and I had no super dooper traction control and no lockers either. :twisted:

Paul said:
You never quite know with the plain, it will be very cold, i'm sure of that and the only concern may be layers of ice on the big puddles but these will be sign posted by a broken down land rover :twisted:

Seriously though, the route for the newbies wont be too bad and there are places to get around if needed. The second route i had in mind is a little more challenging but thats more from a layer of mud and ruts rather than anything extreme.

Excellent! Sounds like this will be a nice trip!

I'm up for this, but I'm running a stock lc80 that some muppet fitted with a ground-anchor of a tow hitch. I'd like to come along if stock is welcome... :shifty:

Will put something in the newbie's section too.

Ranges:

TA have a lot of the ranges booked for tomorrow, including the Larkhill Impact Areas, but often they block book a long time in advance 'just in case' they want to use it. That being said we'll have to be on the lookout for red flags tomorrow.

Conditions:

Muddy, slippy, water table very high. Nuff said

:thumbdown:

Not going to be able to make it, I'm off to Germany instead for a couple of days. Pretty gutted I was looking forward to an outing in the Landcruiser!

Have a fantastic times guys...

Back