Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Site troubles?

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
Is anyone else having problems getting to the site? I had an email from Graham saying it's been dead for him for a few days now.
I checked a website which tests the Chinese firewall and it seems to be blocking us. Guess someone said something to annoy it...

Guessing it's just a Chinese thing but is anyone else having trouble?

CP

Working fine from down here! :flags-australia:

Maybe it's them playing 'tit-for-tat' ??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

He can't see "the other site" as well (we'll get the blame for that...) so it seems to be a general anti-'cruiser thing :(

Might be mission improssible but I wonder if we can find out what the violation is. Who do I email? chinese-emoticon.gif

I wonder if the spam attempts have reduced since blocking us :)

Possibly his computers security settings are blocking it because forums are not very secure . I opted for block ads once when offered , it buggered everything up and took me ages to find out how to unblock ads . First i would click on tools , then internet options , on the security tab just click default .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Can pretty much guarantee its not that! Just uncle Mao flexing his muscles ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Don't think so Shayne. There is a site I used to check to see if the firewall is blocking you and it confirms we're dead there. Doubt it is actually a problem on his end.

Oddly enough something just went wrong for me . I always just type landcruiser net into my browser search box and click on the first result to enter the forum . This time i got a message saying unknown gateway or something similar ? I clicked back and chose the second search result instead which opened on the landcruiser owners club kinda homepage , blue screen with outline images .

I have been unable to send messages through ebay since friday , ebay themselves responded to my complaint today telling me to change my browser . I use Firefox .

:thumbup: No probs in sarf London

Hi all, I am back !!!

We have 3 computers here.
I went to her work, and still with their computers, coudn't access.

This was for a couple of days.
But I tried again right now, and bingo !!!!!!!
I got right on.

I wonder if they got this site mixed up with another site?
blocked.jpg
OK.jpg

May be it was,,,, I have no idea.

Gra.

Welcome back Graham, thought it had gone quiet for a while. :lol: :lol:

Seems my scalding email to the Chinese government worked then. Welcome back...

Bit late in this one but no problems with access from Romania (that bit closer to China maybe) !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What IS the matter with this site, :icon-evil: I've been trying to post a comment but because for some reason my return button will not work in this forum, it works fine everywhere else, Microsoft Word, Facebook and other forums I'm on, but not here, what I do is compose in Word and copy and paste to here, but it CHANGES things, sections can appear in italics other parts in bold, sometimes even changes the font, annoyingly it also misses out spaces between some words (but only does that once I preview what I've typed, although I've noticed in other members posts missing spaces :think:) even though that is not how they are where I pasted from, it's driving me mad :angry-screaming: I often just give up and not post. :cry: even more annoying I've just typed this and it didn't change anything :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming:

Last edited:
Well, the smilies certainly work for you Chas...

Copying and pasting from Word into here is always going to be fun; Word and web share different fonts, ways of handling text formatting etc. It's not something that will ever be fully supported.
If there are others having the same issue as then I'll try to look into it and see if there is anything amiss. From our last round of "oh dear god it's all broken" it turned out to be your Internet Explorer and the many toolbars installed. I think we changed browsers and it was all ok? This forum software is used by millions of people and, as I have done nothing special to it, is pretty untouched here.

By all means, if there is a problem which is affecting more than an single PC then I'll dig into it and see if I can find a cause and solution.

It could be Chas has installed IE10. If this is the case, try compatibility mode.

Back