Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Site troubles?

I'm a size 42 shoe (here)...

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Works for me from my iPad

Me & the wife....

View attachment 7860

Clive, why the long face? Is it because you need to get rid of that beer belly? :lol:

BTW I'm a size 45 :whistle:

DSC02240.jpg

Pic upload seems OK?

Last edited:
Gawd, I've opened a can of proverbial here I think!

I can be an ass but I really didn't think it would end with insults! It's cruel you know to attack defenceless dumb animals, I think I'm going to complain to the RSPCA or the Save the Hairy Ass Group (Aka SHAG) ..... Oh blurry ell, what have I done now?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sometimes struggling to get on during Aus day time (which isn't a bad thing as I've had 3 uni assignments to do in the last 2 weeks, about 5000 words + spreadsheets!)

Think it might be the Uni servers, but strange it times out around 10am AEST, when it should be quite quick to get on due to low pressure on resources.

Will try tomorrow on my laptop and my phone (wi-fi and 3g) and report back.

Think it might be the Uni servers, but strange it times out around 10am AEST, when it should be quite quick to get on due to low pressure on resources.

Will try tomorrow on my laptop and my phone (wi-fi and 3g) and report back.

That would (probably) be my backups running. They run from midnight and take about 20-30 minutes to finish and during that time, do slow the connection as they copy them to another server.

I'll see if there is a way I can throttle the final step which is what causes the timeouts for you.

Thanks for letting me know, did not know it was having that much of an effect.

If it's only me it's affecting don't bust a gut.

Just thought it was worth raising, esp given the number of Aussie Land Cruisers.

I know on TurboBricks when that has it's inevitable quarterly meltdown they have a message up saying it's in meltdown. Is there a way so that people know what's happening?

With Aus being the second largest viewing country, it's not just you (unless you really have nothing else to do...)

I'll sort it out so that it is less harsh on the server. I'll PM you when I've changed it for a test if that is ok.

With Aus being the second largest viewing country, it's not just you (unless you really have nothing else to do...)

I'll sort it out so that it is less harsh on the server. I'll PM you when I've changed it for a test if that is ok.

What times are the other Aussies accessing here?

had a quick stab around Google analytics. There is a large pickup starting around 6am UK time and dies off again at around 10pm. This is not filtered by country though.
There is then a rise, about half that of the day starting at 1am through to 4am which I guess would be for Aus.

I'll have another pay with GA to get the real graphs out as it is actually interesting :icon-ugeek: :(

Ok,

Added in a switch to slow the copy down so it should not hurt you as much. Let me know how you get on. If it is ok I might speed things up slightly to find the "happy point".

CP

Struggled today at 10.30am AEST, so 1.30am BST.

Thanks for your efforts Crispin!

I think it had finished by then. I'll have a look at the logs and see what's going on.

I've certainly not noticed it being slower at different times. :?

I must have posted my fix on another topic . This site was almost unusable for me until i worked out IE10 was the culprit , being a new laptop i could not go back to IE9 so instead i installed Firefox . Then click control panel in your start menu - uninstall a program . In the top left corner of the page it says turn windows features on or off . I deselected IE10 and while i was there Windows Gadget Platform because i hate gadgets .

Everything works perfectly now .

Don't deselect IE10 before you have installed another browser like i did first time around because you will be left with no internet at all .

Last edited:
Ed - I'll send you a PM with something I would like you to try.

Shayne - In what way was it unusable? Pretty sure my laptop is IE10 (windows 7 - is yours 8?) and I don't have an ounce of trouble.
I did make a fix a while ago which helped out IE (I think 10) with the enter key and other issues.

Mines Window 7 . I had to wait 5 or 10 minutes for the autosave feature to flash on my post before i could put it up and even then more often than not the com would freeze and i would have to shut down my browser and start again . Brand new sony vaio laptop .

Had a few minor issues elsewhere but only landcruiser net was severely problematic

Last edited:
Back