Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Site troubles?

ok (Crispin BTW),

I come to you from IE 10 (10.0.9 to be slightly more correct).

I can see the auto-save thing happening and it goes away as usual.

Can you see what add-ons you have. Press Alt key, click on Tools on the menu, then Manage addons. Might be easier to take a screen print and email to [email protected].

Hi all, does anyone have the same problem as I do uploading photos into posts from their computer?

Whilst building the post, there's no indication of a problem. Post "Romania, Retizat and the Transalpina (take2) Day 3" for example, all the uploaded photos looked just fine up to the stage I got to, then the uploads stopped and I got an empty square frame with a black cross in the corner.

At this point I stopped and submitted the post.

Upon viewing the post, instead of pictures for the first 15 or 20, I see in blue text "Attachment 3354" or similar.

Pressing edit and viewing the post in edit function, all the photos are there, as they were when I built the post. Irrespective of whether I "save" or just go back to the post, the "Attachment 3354" text is there.

Cris has been busy trying to fix this for me, but am I the only one with this problem?

Ben and Romi have uploaded hundreds of pictures, but I know he uses photobucket or Flickr or similar, why doesn't it work for PC uploads? Surely it doesn't matter where the photo comes from, once uploaded it should be saved somewhere on the site, No?

I'm not IT literate, so 99% of this is beyond me, but it's very frustrating! Now I can't do anything to that post, can't edit and can't complete it. I'm getting the "token expired" message now (whatever that's supposed to mean) which is just another added problem/frustration. :angry-screaming:

I need help and I've given up for now :? :wtf:

Last edited:
Why not host the photos on Photobucket then link to your post, it seems to work well?

Why not host the photos on Photobucket then link to your post, it seems to work well?

Hi Charlie, I suppose I'll have to, but it makes no sense to me, the photos are there and visible in "edit" mode, what's the difference?

I'll have a go anyway, but uploading is time consuming anyway, and using photobucket just means I have to do it twice instead of once which I've done already. That's three times in all! :angry-screaming:

Thanks for your reply...:icon-biggrin:

Uploading photos to Photobucket is quick, plus it also backs up your photos.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back