Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Six inch lift and some help please

karl webster

Supporter
Guru
I have had what i was told was a six inch lift in my shed for ages now.

Been unsure to put it on the truck or not. Had my other auto box fitted and got my man to chuck it on. I had to give him a hand with half of it as it wasnt finished when i got there to collect.

Anyway on inspection i will have to buy longer flexy brake pipes, anyone any idea where i can buy these cheaply?

Also front anti roll bars i have got to make longer but that isnt a issue to me.

Anything else that will need to be made longer????? :think:

The front has got 25mm spacers on the spring tops. It makes the front far to high. I may have to take them out after i have let it settle.

Alot of work to try and get done for lanning next weekend :shock:

Does anyone know how to set everything up as everything is adjustable on the truck now.

A quick pic of the beast .

P4110009.jpg

Sticking your truck on a trailer is not quite the lift I had in mind :lol:

Looking the Bees Knees :thumbup:

Very good Trevor ;)

If you remember at lincomb it was sat on its bum, Jon,gav and gary named it the lowrider. Not anymore boys.

The bloomin bonnet comes up to my chest. I think its to high,but i will have a play and see what i think.

Just need some aggressive rubber now :think:

Cheers Carl

Its a rough truck but thats what i want. My old truck started mint and i ruined it because i get to excited :doh:

Dave at Llama 4x4 is damn good with making up pipes to any length/ends you want on them.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
nivapilot said:
Dave at Llama 4x4 is damn good with making up pipes to any length/ends you want on them.

i was going to suggest lama, ive heard nothing but good things about there made to measure brake lines. :thumbup:

Have you done anything with the caster, Karl? It is pretty marginal with a 2" lift, so I imagine the steering will be all over the place with a 6" lift :pray: Easiest fix is probably the "washer mod" to the radius arms - chat to Jon W about it as it involves some fairly precise measuring and a permanent mod cutting & welding washers to the brackets on the axle ;)

LSPV will need adjusting too or your front pads will get used up in no time. Check the breathers aren't going to get pulled off under articulation.

Cheers,

Oh man - look what you've done to the lowrider... :shock:

Cool!!! That'll play :cool:

Are your panhards adjustable too?

Cheers andrew,

When you say LSPv what do you mean? :oops:

As for castor correction,there part of the kit :thumbup:

Breathers,I have a kit from bill on here. Cheers bill :thumbup:

Gav,

Hope you had a good time.

Panhards are adjustable yes.

Its massive :?

When i did my 4" lift i did extend my arb links
but my lift is quite firm
Only the front arb is a legal requirement
So i lost the rear
And after some advise on here i lost the front as well,just bolted back on for the mot
it does roll a little but hey its not a racing car

karl webster said:
Its massive
:lol: I'll bet it is buddy!!!

karl webster said:
Hope you had a good time.
Yeah fabulous trip cheers dude :D Will take a few days to get straightened out - I got on the bike at Jon's house approx 9:15pm last night & back home by 10:45... I hope no-one was watching :shhh:

Interesting post Mark - looks like I will have to fix that ARB bracket on Muxley's front axle to get through the MOT... :(

Are you sure that an ARB is part of the MOT :?: :think: I think if you have one fitted then it has to be in good working order but if one is not fitted then I can't help but feel it is not a fail :) I'd check this out before going to the trouble of fitting one just to remove it again :thumbup:

Also a post of interest Steve - might just try & sneak it through... :shhh:

Never had either anti roll bar on my last truck ...never had any hassle at MOT time either.

don't think they are a legal requirement ....but you'll have to remove the whole thing (brackets/fixings) ......

if it ain't there ... it can't fail

I'll let you know what happens to me when it does :lol:

Damn - will have to find a new song for you now Carl!

Looks good - LSPV = Load Sensing Proportion Valve goodie to split brake effort btwn front / rear brakes. Fitted on rear axle IIRC

Enjoy!

Andy Prince did a post on adjusting the LSPV dooberythingy - I think your 6" lift puts it out of range!!!

Right, got you now with the rear load sensor. MMMMMMMMMM i will have to see what happens.

Arb drops ive made longer. Flexies on the case tonight. Just going to join two flexies for the time being as ive tried people today with no joy.

Avnt tried that company yet carl as time is a major issue for a change :thumbdown:

Back