The Adventure Overland Show 28th 29th sept 19

karl webster Jul 11, 2019

1. stumog

stumog Well-Known Member I am in england

Map
    The show really was terrible.

I have not been a for a few years but wanted to ask some questions to a few people showing so made the effort. If someone turned up and paid for the day ticket to expect trade stands to view stuff they would be disappointed.

Even the large stands from west coast and Nene when I went around had nobody to ask any info. Was very surprised

2. StarCruiser

StarCruiser Well-Known Member Supporter Guru I am in uk

Garage:
    Map
    Less stands, still the odd layout (did we go down that row?) probably more vehicles and certainly more big show pieces but it just seems to be dominated by Land Rovers more and more each time I go.
    Probably less vehicles overall to look at. I have to think the addition of another one earlier in the year is diluting the whole thing.

3. SpinDrift

SpinDrift Well-Known Member Supporter

Garage:
    Map
    Perhaps the logic behind the layout it to test navigation skills. Practice for when you find youve accidentally driven into some bazaar.

Great to meet everyone.

4. Chris

Chris Super Moderator Supporter I am in europe

Garage:
    Map
    Great weekend. What show?

Gr8Yota likes this.
  5. karl webster

karl webster Land Cruiser Club sponsor Promoted Company Guru Land Cruiser Club Promoted Company

Map
    We are doing more of a circle next time rich. 100%

chadr, GeekOKent and StarCruiser like this.
  6. karl webster

karl webster Land Cruiser Club sponsor Promoted Company Guru Land Cruiser Club Promoted Company

Map
    The guys who won the free Tickets were:
    Chris
    Andy
    Trev
    Reinard

7. Chris

Garage:
    Map
    Chris as in me? Did I?

8. StarCruiser

Garage:
    Map
    Can we have some better weather too please. :)

karl webster likes this.
  9. karl webster

Map
    yes mate.
    I'll sort everyone at lincomb.

10. karl webster

Map
    Everyone's kit had dried out before we left at 2 on sunday

11. StarCruiser

Garage:
    Map
    Yes I did see the rain had mostly gone by then. Still, if I’d stayed it would have been as per the forecast.
    You see the sacrifices I make for you guys. :lol:

12. stumog

stumog Well-Known Member I am in england

Map
    Would it be worth doing a site day or somewhere else instead of this show?

13. karl webster

Map
    The guys who do this show enjoy the meet stu so I'll carry on going to the show.

14. Chris

Garage:
    Map
    For what it's worth, if asked, what would you like to have seen at the show? I'm tempted to drop Tom a line. It's all very well criticising him (yes it is) but we should at least attempt to influence his choices. I would like to have seen something on:
    Drones - demos and sales obviously
    Bespoke bag making for kit like stoves, BBQs and so on
    More on Solar solutions
    Metal coatings
    Tent repairs
    Radio comms

There were many exhibitors who have been there who weren't such as Krown, Bushpig, Tuff TRek, the Billtong people etc etc

15. karl webster

Map
    I know dara is in south Africa travelling Chris.
    Some good ideas there. we have seen various things over the years that were good.

16. ADD

ADD Active Member Supporter I am in uk

Map
    Bit disappointed in show but met up with a couple of you, special mention to Trevor.

Ordered the crank shaft pulley and will see if that's the issue.

Andrew

17. Shayne

Shayne Well-Known Member Guru

Map
    Selling wool to sheep was never gonna be a good business model so its a campsite rather than a show .

Last time i visited i thought at least it would be a fun day out for my 5 year old grandson which was a mistake because he spent 2.5 hours in the truck getting there an hour walking around in circles with nothing to see or do and 2.5 hours getting home again .

It should be aimed at converting the heathen , a family day out , de-demonizing , the wife nudging dad into a new hobby and teaching the treehugger daughter the difference between a chelsea tractor and a 4x4 .

A carnival , a fair , brought to you by nice people with cool trucks who are more in touch with the green planet than anyone sat in a city office making green planet rules .

StarCruiser, chapel gate and David like this.
  18. SpinDrift

SpinDrift Well-Known Member Supporter

Garage:
    Map
    Oh, wow - thanks!

19. Howmanygoes

Howmanygoes Well-Known Member I am in england

Map
    As a first timer to the show and for what my hour and 1/2 I spent there was here’s my thoughts

I went hoping to see some setups and products that either I wanted to make or buy. I wanted to speak to folk about their experiences, but found many of the areas unoccupied and people appeared uninterested. The layout was confused with big gaps in some and tight in others, it didn’t flow.

I guess in part we don’t have many suppliers in the UK or a large enough market yet.

What did I go for. Storage solutions, custom bags/pockets/rolls. Water set ups, onboard air and solar systems. What can I do to maximise the space without significant weight. I had cash for a bush pig, but they weren’t there. I also wanted to talk LC with like minded folk, but that was my balls up.

20. karl webster

Map
    Every camper in the fields were worth talking to. Who's better to get ideas off etc than the actual people out there doing /using it? .I think anything you have mentioned above one of the cruiser guys could have pointed you in the right direction.

Dave_S likes this.
Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter