Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The Adventure Overland Show 28th 29th sept 19

I'm planning on sleeping on a mattress in the back to avoid the hassle of drying the roof tent afterwards and am packing wellies and waterproofs. I think we'll be fine getting out but recovery gear won't go amiss. The public car park might be slaughter for non 4x4 cars with standard tires though. Plan is to arrive mid afternoon on Friday.

Same here Reinhard. Not rushing to get there for gates opening this year - not just to sit in the rain in a an empty field. if I'd more time, I might have investigated fitting a Foxwing to the trailer so I could put the sides on.

Iam just planning on turning up on Saturday day time for a walk round. Will be in the LC so I can get out of the public car park. I will try and find you.

Well roof tent is on. No chiropractor needed this time. Even though my contraption did try to kill me by lunging for the tailgate after catching a stone (note to self, outriggers needed :icon-rolleyes:) but no damage and hopefully I will heal ok.
CE18831F-4DA4-4968-850B-C59BCCC52C92.jpeg

I’ve a cunning plan forming weatherwise. If it stays as shown (which it won’t) Monday is looking to be pretty dry from midnight with the wind easing to almost nothing for the morning. Most folks will probably be going home Sunday I guess, but I might be tempted to stay over to let it all dry out, and return home Monday morning.

Well roof tent is on. No chiropractor needed this time. Even though my contraption did try to kill me by lunging for the tailgate after catching a stone (note to self, outriggers needed :icon-rolleyes:) but no damage and hopefully I will heal ok.
View attachment 159760

I’ve a cunning plan forming weatherwise. If it stays as shown (which it won’t) Monday is looking to be pretty dry from midnight with the wind easing to almost nothing for the morning. Most folks will probably be going home Sunday I guess, but I might be tempted to stay over to let it all dry out, and return home Monday morning.
That contraption looks brilliant. It’s a right ball ache lifting them off and on. You got a video of it working?

Jeez SC, that's some Heath Robinson device right there! But if it works, I won't knock it. Re staying til Monday - I've done that a couple of times, last time I think there were literally a dozen or so of us by 8am Monday morning...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Also interested in the roof tent contraption. I've been trying to come up with something for a while.

Oh bu663r now I’ve started something!!

Look, it tried to kill me ok!! But with a little work…:think:

It’s far from perfect I’m afraid but it’s getting there. It’s far better than struggling on your own and popping a plum I have to say!!

Video? I’ll have to work out how to do that. Might need to engage Mrs P as camera person. :icon-biggrin:

Side view. :icon-biggrin:
A03FEF25-9837-422F-8479-6BE66A003E5E.jpeg
FCD3FDB9-A5C4-44C2-AA56-2700FF611272.jpeg

At the moment I have to hold the back (top) of the tent while pumping the ram (that sounds wrong on so many levels) to stop the tent falling backwards. It may take me another year to come up with a way to get round that but might involve a top, shorter arm. The bows are a stupid amount of work and a bit rigid to a sprung mass (cruiser) on uneven ground.

Very clever.

I just fasten a single ladder to the rack and slide the tent up and onto the rack.

Very clever.

I just fasten a single ladder to the rack and slide the tent up and onto the rack.
Unfortunately mines just a bit too heavy and unwieldy to do that on my tod.

Very clever.

This is how I get mine on the roof and just lift it off onto the tail gate to remove

Managed to be first here again
At least we’ve loads of room.

Are we in the usual ish spot?

Got here and got the new OzPig fired up last night. Stew heated up nicely.

EE93E744-4311-4651-A50A-2BBE724C47EA.jpeg

766D0F31-D755-4619-B053-574995265A9E.jpeg

Decided to chicken out and pack away before the monsoon that’s forecast tonight.

Good seeing everybody, new and old.

Soooo. I did make it to the show unintentionally via Stafford show ground..... yeah a bit of a detour. Only had 90mins there and didn’t get chance to say hi. See some of you in a couple of weeks.

AFD7A6E3-B9D4-4B54-9043-89DEFE928F0B.png

Last edited:
Back