Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The people have spoken

Which the eu consistently ignores.

But not just us Moggy

as-graphic-brexit-nodeal.jpg

Pour Juncker another sherry because there's nothing to worry about at all so long as you care more about the perfidious EU than something as insignificant as your home country .

Sounds to me like some of these remain voters didn’t know what they were voting for ;)

Reactions: Pat
No I am not blind , the UK have their fair share of representation in the EU decision making .
But not enough to make any significance, and I think most of them (Blair & Kinnock spring to mind) are in it for the money.

Then I don’t think you understand the real issues.
Rules put out by the eu are not mostly for the pay rights and safety of working people, something the U.K. frequently exceeds eu standards on. That is a very small percentage of EU rule making.
You, it appears, are guilty of the crass assumption many remainers are that all leave voters are nationalistic racists.
I have not made the crass assumption that many leavers are racists , I said the only people benefiting I can see from the UK leaving the EU is it will give encouragement to far right racists to look and talk down to EU citizens and other nationals in the street and workplace . I don't see anyone else benefiting not the rich , middle or poor . You tell me what rules that are wrong that the EU put out that are wrong . The EU does not ignore what the UK want but as there are 27 members have to decide what is best for all instead of just one . in fact the UK has opt out rights that most EU members don't have , But please enlighten me and tell us what benefit the UK will get from leaving , because other than encouraging racism I don't see any . I see only down sides for the UK if they leave.

I can not see any benefit for the UK in leaving the EU , other than far right wing groups having the feeling of glory by talking down to EU and other nationals in the street or at work .
This bit, and what you said in response to my post. If you think leave was all about immigration and racism then as I said, you flail to understand the issues involved.
I’m not going to go over the whys and wherefors, For the reasons I have previously stated several times.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
But please enlighten me and tell us what benefit the UK will get from leaving

Democracy - a reason to vote , issues that effect us all will have to be debated publicly instead of behind closed doors so the first public knowledge of the decisions already taken by we know not who is after the fact .

This bit, and what you said in response to my post. If you think leave was all about immigration and racism then as I said, you flail to understand the issues involved.
I’m not going to go over the whys and wherefors, For the reasons I have previously stated several times.
It was one of the main reasons of a hell of a lot of people in Yorkshire voted to leave , as well the others tell us what to do card, as scaremongering Brexit canvassers were putting out to voters .

The one thing I am dreading if we don't leave is the smug bastards saying "Told you so"

Brexit cannot be stopped Chas because Government knows 70% of Conservative constituencies and 60% of Labour constituencies voted to Leave in the EU referendum (wasn't easy to find that so deeply has it been buried under the propaganda) .

They cannot vote for the end of their political parties , that's why the tragic comedy is all about what deal .

Its often said right now "i will never vote again if they stop Brexit" but i say anger will make them vote - for catastrophically destructive consequence .

They can't go to a general election because 70% of Tories and 60% Labour will be replaced by someone who supports Brexit .

The can't hold another referendum because 3 years ago many had never heard of Juncker , Tusk , Verhofstadt and the rest who have taught those who didn't before care very much about Brexit to hate the EU .

EU employees refuse to cut the ties that bind and all the propaganda has failed , thats why our Government is an international laughing stock right now .

It was one of the main reasons of a hell of a lot of people in Yorkshire voted to leave , as well the others tell us what to do card, as scaremongering Brexit canvassers were putting out to voters .
Was it really?:smirk:
So Yorkshire is responsible for brexit, the far right, racism etc?:smirk:
And so only the leave campaign indulged in scaremongering did they?:smirk:

It was unfortunate that much of the campaign was hijaked by immigration on both sides as there are more important things to consider, although the rise of the far right across Europe can be traced back to the policies of the eu and their refusal to listen to the native population.

can anyone tell me what EU is dictating that is so bad an unacceptable ?
Like a couple of examples.
Ok we all got it, EU is a dictatorship, fine. So what is it that is dictating ? who went to prison for opposing it ?
Well said Leeloo can't wait for the reply of what is so bad and unacceptable , Here in Cyprus the people are so happy and proud to be a EU member state and to most here its the greatest achievement Cyprus has reached in its 59 year history of independence . they have EU flags everywhere and always have one next to the Cyprus flag .

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s a classic misguided remain opinion tbh. Plenty of young people (who could be arsed to get out of bed) voted leave. Plenty of older people voted remain.
People on pensions will suffer significantly in the short term because their pensions could be hit by the effects on the stock market if the doom and gloom predictions of remain come true. Younger people would have time to ride the storm.
It is certainly true that there was a demographic trend towards older people voting leave and younger people voting remain but their are many potential reasons for that. Many older people voted leave because they wanted a decent legacy for the younger generation that they felt was best served outside the eu, not because it was going to directly benefit them. They may also have more experience if real world politics and be capable of more critical evaluation rather than just believing what they get fed by teachers, the bbc, Facebook etc etc. I’ve heard young people say things like ‘the eu gave us the nhs’ ‘the eu gave us freedom’ they are completely ignorant of any kind of socio-political history or knowledge.
In this age of safe spaces and people not sure what sex they are, and going off crying to someone because they didn’t like what someone said, of an inability to actually judge if what they read online is real, of being ill prepared to face the harsh realities of life, of a pronounced lack of moral fibre and fortitude, it’s hardly surprising they wanted to cling to the safety blanket of the eu rather than make a bold step into the unknown.
Many of them can barely cope with the bold step of stepping outside their front door without holding someone’s hand.
Awsome post. Couldn't agree more.

I fear this isn't going to happen.
The tactic of remainer politicians is simple. Block everything. Be as awkward as possible. Make the whole process become a unworkable shambles until the point where the, let's say, less resilient leave voters have had enough.

If we had another referendum I believe the result would be to stay by a similar majority that the original vote was won to leave.

It needn't have been like this, this situation has been engineered.

I fear we have long lost our resilience as a nation to dig in and make sacrifices for hopefully the long term greater good.

It's far to inconvenient...

Well said Leeloo can't wait for the reply of what is so bad and unacceptable , Here in Cyprus the people are so happy and proud to be a EU member state and to most here its the greatest achievement Cyprus has reached in its 59 year history of independence . they have EU flags everywhere and always have one next to the Cyprus flag .
Another country that receives more than it pays in, has a low average salary and is happy to be a member of the EU. Coincidence?:think:

Reactions: Pat
Pour Juncker another sherry because there's nothing to worry about at all so long as you care more about the perfidious EU than something as insignificant as your home country .
Trade aside I'm also concerned about the geographical implications.in your map Shayne Murcia has replaced Galicia .

Another country that receives more than it pays in, has a low average salary and is happy to be a member of the EU. Coincidence?:think:
But a low cost of living , council tax , water , electricity , gas all add up to 1000 euro a year for a three double bedroom detached villa , the same bills for three bedroom semi two double and a single came to just under four thousand pounds a year in the UK . diesel is also 25 cents a litre cheaper here . and I can knock off 350 euros of electric a year if I spend 5k euros on solar panels to generate electricity to wind back the meter . as I use it for heating and A/C in summer , to turn the total annual bills to 650 euro a year .

Last edited by a moderator:
Was it really?:smirk:
So Yorkshire is responsible for brexit, the far right, racism etc?:smirk:
And so only the leave campaign indulged in scaremongering did they?:smirk:

It was unfortunate that much of the campaign was hijaked by immigration on both sides as there are more important things to consider, although the rise of the far right across Europe can be traced back to the policies of the eu and their refusal to listen to the native population.

Just on the point of scaremongering, the only campaign that used immigration in a negative way was Leave. That has resulted in every racist and right wing nutcase, crawling out from whatever stone they were hiding under and believing they had a voice in mainstream politics and society. As an example, take a look at the EDL - they were in decline and had become almost a laughing stock till 2015/16 - now look at them. That is a direct result of Brexit.

Yes, the Remain campaign's "Project Fear", as Leave named it, was negative, but it was always based around the economy...though now 3 years later that has almost tuned into "Project Reality".

upload_2019-4-1_8-53-49.jpeg

upload_2019-4-1_8-54-18.jpeg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnEvA3Oyu6vAjfxL-7xtvHGkTJ8HBYvj7I1nQbGoOvokqynwTK.jpg

Vote_Leave_Turkey_immigration_ad_0_vuT43tH.width-800.jpg

Just on the point of scaremongering, the only campaign that used immigration in a negative way was Leave. That has resulted in every racist and right wing nutcase, crawling out from whatever stone they were hiding under and believing they had a voice in mainstream politics and society. As an example, take a look at the EDL - they were in decline and had become almost a laughing stock till 2015/16 - now look at them. That is a direct result of Brexit.

Yes, the Remain campaign's "Project Fear", as Leave named it, was negative, but it was always based around the economy...though now 3 years later that has almost tuned into "Project Reality".

View attachment 155181

View attachment 155182
View attachment 155183
View attachment 155184
Turkey wont be joining the EU because Cyprus has put a block on them joining for political reasons , and that's not including other EU members putting a ban on them joining .

Back