Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The people have spoken

I said EU colonial member states occupying areas and land grab and not just the UK if you read my post properly . as for the Falkland Islands the infrastructure running of the Islands is payed for by the UK , the population is so small they would have to pay a 100% tax rate to keep the Islands running and even that would not be enough . the UK did not have to protect the Falkland Islanders as the Arges did not harm them , it was the Territory the UK went in to protect , many young army personal on both sides were killed or wounded needlessly .
I did read your post properly, what it didn’t say was ‘EU colonial member states occupying areas and land grab’ And it was clearly a reference to the Falkland Islands.
You might want to ask the Falkland islanders how they feel about your statement that the argies didn’t harm them, when they were invaded by a military dictatorship with an appalling human rights record, not that that’s the point anyway, they invaded with an army by force land that wasn’t theirs. Presumably then you think that’s ok. Maybe we should send out army to France then as that’s less than 30 miles away as against several hundred and as Calais was ours not so long ago!
So on the one hand you bleat on about colonial land grab etc etc but on the other hand you think it was perfectly ok for a country to launch an invasion on another country’s territory with their armed forces as long as they don’t hurt anyone (which wasn’t correct anyway).
The death toll in the falklands war in entirely the responsibility of the argentinians. They chose to invade (in an attempt to deflect attention away from their own internal political issues). If they hadn’t invaded, there would have been no war.
Once again your off topic rant is completely incorrect.
Once again when someone points out the inconsistencies and factual inaccuracies of your off topic rant you again try and go tangentially off course to try and deflect away from the inherent weakness/ridiculousness of your post.
Once again It’s looking a bit ridiculous tbh, increasingly so!

Last edited:
I did read your post properly, what it didn’t say was ‘EU colonial member states occupying areas and land grab’ And it was clearly a reference to the Falkland Islands.
You might want to ask the Falkland islanders how they feel about your statement that the argies didn’t harm them, when they were invaded by a military dictatorship with an appalling human rights record, not that that’s the point anyway, they invaded with an army by force land that wasn’t theirs. Presumably then you think that’s ok. Maybe we should send out army to France then as that’s less than 30 miles away as against several hundred and as Calais was ours not so long ago!
So on the one hand you bleat on about colonial land grab etc etc but on the other hand you think it was perfectly ok for a country to launch an invasion on another country’s territory with their armed forces as long as they don’t hurt anyone (which wasn’t correct anyway).
The death toll in the falklands war in entirely the responsibility of the argentinians. They chose to invade (in an attempt to deflect attention away from their own internal political issues). If they hadn’t invaded, there would have been no war.
Once again your off topic rant is completely incorrect.
Once again when someone points out the inconsistencies and factual inaccuracies of your off topic rant you again try and go tangentially off course to try and deflect away from the inherent weakness/ridiculousness of your post.
Once again It’s looking a bit ridiculous tbh, increasingly so!
If you look at posts 569 , 572 ,577 I state EU member states occupying areas and land grab and not just the UK . and one day maybe not in our lifetime colonial powers who ever they may be will have to accept land thousands of miles away from their nation that they took because they had the power and strength to do so is not their sovereign territory .

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
When or if we leave could we bring back Pounds Shillings and Pence and while we are at it inces feet and yards but hey lets not stop there pints gallons quarts and any imperial measurments get rid of parliment the house of lords we would save a bloody fortune there if they all got the unfair credit payment and give the power back to the House of Windsor /Hapsburg let them take some responsabilty for mucking up the country as the political parties have done the way i see it MPs are voted for by us for the most believable lies so therefore work for us as we pay their wages so whichever places voted to leave the MP should do as the people have voted as he is employed by the voters ie US end of debate but no they are shining their very fat asses getting extra payments for holding up the process whether we leave with deal or no deal the house of commons who made that name up house of bloody commons HA and then you got the house of lords roll out the bloody wheelchairs and pay them attendance allowance and make sure the all got a bottle of single malt and ice for the session oh and them inflatable neck braces they use on long haul flights just in case one of the dear old codger falls asleep now if you want a job that pays you to sleep then best bet is to get a job as a boody mattress tester not an old fart with a plum tree in his her bleeding cakehole what do you get if you fill a prostitutes fanny with petrol and set light to it Fire in the ho

Last edited:
If you look at posts 569 , 572 ,577 I state EU member states occupying areas and land grab and not just the UK . and one day maybe not in our lifetime colonial powers who ever they may be will have to accept land thousands of miles away from their nation that they took because they had the power and strength to do so is not their sovereign territory .
Tony, I quoted a specific post and answered that.
Youre serioulsy not worth the effort.

Forgot to mention that we should claim back Hawaii from the merry cuns

Best get to the pub get wankered and have a real pissing contest

This has all gone pearshaped we are not politicians we are the powerless so if we can't try to promote at least reasonable understanding of an opposite point of view then what hope is there ?

History is done we can't turn back the clock , but we can look back and learn and so will anyone disagree that Empires ruled by force from a central core do not work ?

Why is the EU not an empire ?

If you think the E.U rule by force, then continue with the tin foil hat stuff. Countries have joined of their own will, not been invaded like the creation of an empire. The fact the the UK could democratically vote on leaving should show the very difference. Like I said earlier in the thread, the way some people in Britain are going on, you'd think some sort of E.U army invaded Britain and took away their land, and sovereignty. On the contrary, Britain has retained it's currency, declined to enter Shengen (as has Ireland) and retained control of a plethora of tax affairs, retained an unelected monarchy (who do what exactly?)..

I'll throw this one in... How many millions in the UK follow a beloved football team week in, week out. How many of those players are from another E.U country. How much easier is it for them to live and work under the current rules. How heroic are they week on week.. but British is best chaps..

Nobody in Britain or Ireland wants to see the EU iron curtain on Irish soil , so nobody on this side of the debate is going to build a wall .

I guess the EU fear we might flood their turf with British illegal immigrants and exports from our non existent manufacturing base .

I don't watch football , i never understood how it can be called sport when the team with the most money can buy the best players from anywhere .

Can't have our cake and eat it - so

On a low estimate and wrongly including membership fees and contributions to Junckers drinks cabinet the UK runs an trade deficit with the EU of around 100 billion a year .
And to punish UK for not saluting the EU flag they want to make it difficult for us to send so much money there :think:

Borders are a problem but

"To cut down the time for customs clearance is to become an Authorized Economic Operator (AEO). This is a status attainable from the EU for any business involved in a cross-border supply chain, and allows for minimal checks to loads crossing in either direction. Both the UK and EU have said they will deal with the initial transition in the months following March 2019 by waving through shipments from organizations with AEO status"

Why not a permanent solution .......... oh yeah them four freedoms that have a whole bunch of countries putting up fences they never had before .

Regulatory alignment is a big deal but why must it be presided over by a EU court , i haven't checked but i'm thinking America makes as much use of London as the EU do , yet make no such demands .

I'm sure i read recently the 27 voted by a huge majority to allow UK citizens to travel in the EU , perhaps with a pass or something , i dunno i was laughing to much at the inevitability of it .

Brexiteers want self determination , they want to bring democracy home . As a free sovereign nation there is no reason at all we could not align ourselves for a continuance of our relationship with the EU .

The multiple complex issues surrounding Brexit all arise from the EU's reluctance to give up control .

To me it seems absolutely ludicrous that any of the 27 might want to stop trading with the UK in support of some ideological principal . It seems just as ludicrous to imagine the UK won't be better off when it can open the doors to trade with the whole world , how many would like to compete with the 27 hoping to add some sterling to their coffers ?

And there is the problem , if 10-15-20 years post Brexit the UK has risen in global economy rankings then who won't question their own EU membership .

A few points.....

For AEO status and its requirements look here ; https://www.gov.uk/guidance/authorised-economic-operator-certification (This is the UK governments own website and advice)

The multiple complex issues surrounding Brexit all arise from the EU's reluctance to give up control.

No. Firstly, the EU set out their position from the outset, even before the referendum - this has not changed, not one bit. They are protecting their members - if it was another member trying to leave, the UK would be at the head of the queue, demanding that the EU to do the same. Secondly, when negotiating the WA, the UK government set out a series of red lines that had more to do with keeping the ERG ( a party within a party) onside, rather than the "will of the people".

To me it seems absolutely ludicrous that any of the 27 might want to stop trading with the UK in support of some ideological principal.

Nobody is saying that they want to stop trading with the UK - who has said that? Where do you get that idea from?

It seems just as ludicrous to imagine the UK won't be better off when it can open the doors to trade with the whole world, how many would like to compete with the 27 hoping to add some sterling to their coffers ?

We already trade with the whole world - being in the EU doesn't restrict us to trading within the EU. For example, we currently quite happily trade with the US, China, Japan etc. The EU have recently signed a trade deal with Japan - the largest in history and one that accounts for 1/3 (yes, one third) of global trade. Are you seriously suggesting that we are going to negotiate a better deal on our own? In fact, the Japanese have already said they will wait until we leave, so to negotiate "better" terms (better for them) and won't roll over the same EU terms for the UK. When it comes to the US, they would love to see a divided EU, as it would be much better to negotiate trade with 27/28 smaller countries, than the largest trading bloc in the world. Do you think they would give us better terms than the EU27? Really?

Some Brexiteers are waking up and smelling the coffee...
https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/op...ow-we-must-swallow-our-pride-and-think-again/

:thumbup:

When it comes to the US, they would love to see a divided EU,

The lobbying has started. We have already heard the US ambassadors comments about chlorine washed chicken, what he didn't mention are the higher permitted levels of pesticides, growth promoting hormones etc. and lower animal health standards allowed in the US. Health services, financial services (including pensions) etc. will all be in the firing line. If you see where some of the donations towards the Leave campaign came from, the connection is not hard to make.

The lobbying has started. We have already heard the US ambassadors comments about chlorine washed chicken, what he didn't mention are the higher permitted levels of pesticides, growth promoting hormones etc. and lower animal health standards allowed in the US. Health services, financial services (including pensions) etc. will all be in the firing line. If you see where some of the donations towards the Leave campaign came from, the connection is not hard to make.
So don’t buy US meat. It isn't difficult!

A few points.....

For AEO status and its requirements look here ; https://www.gov.uk/guidance/authorised-economic-operator-certification (This is the UK governments own website and advice)

No. Firstly, the EU set out their position from the outset, even before the referendum - this has not changed, not one bit. They are protecting their members - if it was another member trying to leave, the UK would be at the head of the queue, demanding that the EU to do the same. Secondly, when negotiating the WA, the UK government set out a series of red lines that had more to do with keeping the ERG ( a party within a party) onside, rather than the "will of the people".

Nobody is saying that they want to stop trading with the UK - who has said that? Where do you get that idea from?

We already trade with the whole world - being in the EU doesn't restrict us to trading within the EU. For example, we currently quite happily trade with the US, China, Japan etc. The EU have recently signed a trade deal with Japan - the largest in history and one that accounts for 1/3 (yes, one third) of global trade. Are you seriously suggesting that we are going to negotiate a better deal on our own? In fact, the Japanese have already said they will wait until we leave, so to negotiate "better" terms (better for them) and won't roll over the same EU terms for the UK. When it comes to the US, they would love to see a divided EU, as it would be much better to negotiate trade with 27/28 smaller countries, than the largest trading bloc in the world. Do you think they would give us better terms than the EU27? Really?

Some Brexiteers are waking up and smelling the coffee...
https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/op...ow-we-must-swallow-our-pride-and-think-again/

:thumbup:
Some remainers are also waking up and smelling the coffee. Now they have realised the true colours of the eu they want to leave.
Yes, the EU recently signed a trade deal with japan, and buggered our manufacturing in the process. How many Japanese car plants are there outside the U.K. but within the eu?
Yes we trade outside the eu, on heavily restricted terms which why lots of bosses of companies that trade internationally (lime jcb) want us to leave.

Back