Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The people have spoken

The crux of what Yanis is saying is undeniably true - the EU is bankrupt held together by nothing but a utopian dream that can never be achieved and the harder they work , even with the best intentions , to promote that dream the more damage they do .

Agree 100%
EU is bankrupt.
Germany is 0.001% away from recession.
If Germany cant make it work, how about France, Spain, Portugal, Ireland and Greece.
They have no chance.

Good we are getting out.

Looks like the second referendum will soon be on us.

Vote Liberal=Remain
Vote Conservative= Leave

How do you work that out ?
The two parties are miles apart.
One is big, one is non-existant

I wonder what is going to be organised in the UK about all the number plates with EU flags at the side of the plate deceiving the world that the UK is a member of the EU when Brexit finely happens .

Agree 100%
EU is bankrupt.
Germany is 0.001% away from recession.
If Germany cant make it work, how about France, Spain, Portugal, Ireland and Greece.
They have no chance.

Good we are getting out.
I dont know about the EU being bankrupt , but I think the UK may be a couple a years after leaving the EU if the manufacturing industry and finance industry starts pulling out of the UK to base themselves in the EU , there are that many dossers and benefit cheats living off the taxpayers in the the UK that if many tax payers lose their jobs who is going to pay for all those parasites who sponge off the working tax payers .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I voted to remain, but I would be the first in line to defend a leave voter.

The pepole have spoken, the remainers should respect the decision of the majority in democracy and stop throwing their dummy's out of their pram's.

The problem is that 'Left' think anyone that is not 'Left' are thick, and can't stand the 'fact' that the majority have 'voted' against them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? Can you put a figure on that Tony? Any evidence?
The only evidence I can give you is , when I lived in the UK and ran a business in a city centre in west Yorkshire , one could see countless people who never worked or had no intention of working when they were getting paid more money than they could have earned if they were to have worked , often claiming disability payments for anything from depression to back pain , drug and/or alcohol additions or any thing they could pull off , some worked for cash in hand while claiming benefits for not being fit to work , young mothers with lots of kids to different fathers these people were claiming money for new cars or cash instead of , housing , as well money to live off , I came across people in their 40s who had not had more than 6 months working experience or not worked in the whole of their lifetime from the day they left school , these same type of people passed on their habit to their offspring who made a similar life style , I am sure the same problem exists in all parts of the UK and not just Yorkshire and Lancashire that I witness .

Whilst I wouldn't doubt what you say Tony that's anecdotal not evidence.Years of being told that all claimants are scrounging - by politicians & media folks - have explained away the fact that working people are doing more hours for less money & are more indebted than ever.Somebody has to be blamed or those who run things have a lot of explaining to do.The idea that some families have never worked for 3 generations was explored by the Diocese of Leicester , looking at the poorest neighood & found it to be true in 1 in a 1000 cases.
"not worked in the whole of their lifetime from the day they left school"
Are you sure you were in Yorkshire & not outside the palace of Westminster?
The folks you describe mostly live hand to mouth , a miserable existence that none of us would want.
If all benefit was stopped tomorrow do you really think that the savings would be divided up & handed out?
Lots of genuine families are living in poverty , including folks who work hard for crap wages & the politicians have been let off the hook by this false narrative of parasites.

Whilst I wouldn't doubt what you say Tony that's anecdotal not evidence.Years of being told that all claimants are scrounging - by politicians & media folks - have explained away the fact that working people are doing more hours for less money & are more indebted than ever.Somebody has to be blamed or those who run things have a lot of explaining to do.The idea that some families have never worked for 3 generations was explored by the Diocese of Leicester , looking at the poorest neighood & found it to be true in 1 in a 1000 cases.
"not worked in the whole of their lifetime from the day they left school"
Are you sure you were in Yorkshire & not outside the palace of Westminster?
The folks you describe mostly live hand to mouth , a miserable existence that none of us would want.
If all benefit was stopped tomorrow do you really think that the savings would be divided up & handed out?
Lots of genuine families are living in poverty , including folks who work hard for crap wages & the politicians have been let off the hook by this false narrative of parasites.
I lived in Yorkshire alright and have only been living in Cyprus for nearly 2 years , I owned a large city centre cafe from 1987 until 2017 , so I experienced real life as it is , my customers came from all walks of life , but working long hours in city centres you see life first hand as it truly is , and thats my experience from people I saw and knew , I am not making a bigger picture than it is , I say it with honest first hand experience . its not just scroungers and dossers eating up tax payers money amongst other things the UK spends massive amount of money like military spending on keeping bases and armies around the world , can the UK keep all this combined expenditure up if the economy is massively compromised by leaving the EU , that was my point of the UK could go bankrupt if the economy goes badly wrong by leaving the EU .

I lived in Yorkshire alright and have only been living in Cyprus for nearly 2 years , I owned a large city centre cafe from 1987 until 2017 , so I experienced real life as it is , my customers came from all walks of life , but working long hours in city centres you see life first hand as it truly is , and thats my experience from people I saw and knew , I am not making a bigger picture than it is , I say it with honest first hand experience .
Most people that don't understand what your saying Tony, don't live in the real world, they live in 'cloud cuckoo land'

Most people that don't understand what your saying Tony, don't live in the real world, they live in 'cloud cuckoo land'
True , you have live or work amongst what goes on in the real world to know what goes on .

True , you have live or work amongst what goes on in the real world to know what goes on .
Also, most of the people that don't like the truth have got so much money they can afford to insulate themselves from real life, they don't have to live amongst the vermin that know how to manipulate the system to their advantage.

In my humble opinion, I think the folk that run this Land Cruiser enthusiast club should Ban political jibber jabber as it leads to no good, and bad feeling, if a member of this Car Club wants to stir up politics, then there are many, many other forums dedicated to that sort of debate.

I will admit I have been drawn into this silly argument, but now I'm going back to the 100 series chat room.

See you there :)

One more point, as were not talking Land Cruisers in this thread.

Does anyone want to buy a nice little Fiat Panda, think it might fit in the back of some of the bigger LC's :laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::text-merryxmas:

In my humble opinion, I think the folk that run this Land Cruiser enthusiast club should Ban political jibber jabber as it leads to no good, and bad feeling, if a member of this Car Club wants to stir up politics, then there are many, many other forums dedicated to that sort of debate.

I will admit I have been drawn into this silly argument, but now I'm going back to the 100 series chat room.

I totally agree , I do not want to argue with people on a this site , as we all love Landcruisers , and I dont want to argue about politics on this lovely site that we all have a common love for toyota Landcruisers . I will say no more about the pros and conns of being in the EU or out of the EU.

I totally agree , I do not want to argue with people on a this site , as we all love Landcruisers , and I dont want to argue about politics on this lovely site that we all have a common love for toyota Landcruisers . I will say no more about the pros and conns of being in the EU or out of the EU.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Whilst we are a Land Cruiser forum and topics are centered around the mark, topics in the Lounge and Pub section can be around anything. In general this community self moderates very well and rarely do mods have to step in and close a thread or even ban anyone (I can only think of one instance since the inception of this forum where banning someone has happened).

Healthy debate is good and as long as it sticks to the rules and is not offensive, abusive etc then it's fine, even encouraged. I certainly don't want to edit or delete threads. There will be opposing views and in general this thread has kept to the rules and mostly been balanced debate.

If you don't like a thread/topic you can chose to block it so that you don't see it.

Whilst we are a Land Cruiser forum and topics are centered around the mark, topics in the Lounge and Pub section can be around anything. In general this community self moderates very well and rarely do mods have to step in and close a thread or even ban anyone (I can only think of one instance since the inception of this forum where banning someone has happened).

Healthy debate is good and as long as it sticks to the rules and is not offensive, abusive etc then it's fine, even encouraged. I certainly don't want to edit or delete threads. There will be opposing views and in general this thread has kept to the rules and mostly been balanced debate.

If you don't like a thread/topic you can chose to block it so that you don't see it.
Hi Tony I wouldn't do anything like block it as I dont get offended by any of it , but I tend to feel bad after debating politics on this site that we all have a common love for Landcruisers as I dont want any one on here to be offended on what I have said , on any other none Landcruiser site I would not feel bad about offending any one about politics ,

Back