Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The people have spoken

This forum is pretty unique in that there is quite a strong community spirit which reaches into the real world with many meeting up and indeed helping each other. I guess as a result we often reflect on what we comment on and can end up taking things personal or close to heart.

I have stayed out of this thread for this reason as it's very emotive with strong views on each side, but it has helped me appreciate both sides of the argument.

Whilst we are a Land Cruiser forum and topics are centered around the mark, topics in the Lounge and Pub section can be around anything. In general this community self moderates very well and rarely do mods have to step in and close a thread or even ban anyone (I can only think of one instance since the inception of this forum where banning someone has happened).

Healthy debate is good and as long as it sticks to the rules and is not offensive, abusive etc then it's fine, even encouraged. I certainly don't want to edit or delete threads. There will be opposing views and in general this thread has kept to the rules and mostly been balanced debate.

If you don't like a thread/topic you can chose to block it so that you don't see it.
Thanks for you help, guidance and words of wisdom.

May healthy debate rule :)
:text-merryxmas::text-happynewyear:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what is going to be organised in the UK about all the number plates with EU flags at the side of the plate deceiving the world that the UK is a member of the EU when Brexit finely happens .
in the UK I'm going to corner the market in blue felt tip pens with star shaped tips, save everyone buying new number plates. :laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

Changed my mind,

I've got some blue tape to stick over the stars, then when the 'Far Leftie's' order us to stay 'in' I can just pull the tape off, 'Up there for thinking and Down there for dancing'

Boris Johnson should give in to Brussels and name a British EU commissioner to serve in the new European Commission, despite Brexit.

The commission has taken legal action against Britain for failing to name a commissioner, even though the UK representative would only be in post for two months.

There is a deadline of midnight tonight for the UK to respond to the first step in the lawsuit, which could end in the European Court of Justice levying huge fines against Britain for breaking EU law.

Send John Cleese , go on just for fun :lol:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYKdqOyT01-Q3Iy3CuhuUgxBpHd2ej9FqyvJklB2OlOctuSRI10g&s.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hitler's rise to power was a phenomenal feat of personal charisma , like it or lump it we have to look at ancient empires to find comparable characters .

An underdog who joined an insignificant minority party and decided then to change the course of history , to compare anyone in today's politics with such a man is so ludicrous its laughable .

But because comparisons is the theme think of this -

What if Hitler had instead joined the KPD which was a major communist political party in Germany between 1918 and 1933 , a party formed in the aftermath of WW1 and popular i suppose because of its opposition to war and the promotion of peace .

What alternative legacy might he have left the world then , might it look something like the EU ?

Hitler's rise to power was a phenomenal feat of personal charisma , like it or lump it we have to look at ancient empires to find comparable characters .

An underdog who joined an insignificant minority party and decided then to change the course of history , to compare anyone in today's politics with such a man is so ludicrous its laughable .

But because comparisons is the theme think of this -

What if Hitler had instead joined the KPD which was a major communist political party in Germany between 1918 and 1933 , a party formed in the aftermath of WW1 and popular i suppose because of its opposition to war and the promotion of peace .

What alternative legacy might he have left the world then , might it look something like the EU ?

The thoughts of Chair gender neutral person:laughing-rolling: (politically correct, not):laughing-rolling: JibberJabber.

Interesting hypothesis, if AH had joined the KPD.:think:

Communism was very popular after WW1 in most European countries. I think, in my humble opinion, if AH had joined the KPD he would have been very buddy, buddy with JS and there would have still been a WW11 and the Jew's would have still been persecuted, most of Europe would have been Comumunist (or at least JS's version of Communism) if not most of the world, just think about their combined military power (including China), there would not be a General Election imminent, as Jezzer would have no need for one he would already be the supreme Dictator in the UK and would be member of the Politburo of 'The European Union' and have his own personalised chair with 'Snowflake" printed on it.

So, yes it would have looked exactly like the 'EU' but there would have been no 'Brexit" as Chairman Corbin would not have tolerated a referendum.

The phrase, 'Communist' and 'promotion of peace' is an Oxymoron.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-uk-worse-off-brexit-scenarios-philip-hammond
So the Brexit farce continues with most people , me included not really sure what's going on or it seems really caring.The idea that a few seriously rich folks would destroy a country's economy to pick over the wreckage seems less absurd.but hey at least we're getting sovereignty back whatever that means & all those nasty foreigners will have to go home (or not)
Yes, as you entilted this thread.
The people have spoken

The people have spoken
Yes a small minority of the electorate have voted leave , a decision that Cameron or most others thought impossible.so in that sense it's been a good thing but what has followed has done great damage to the country & it's not over yet.The loss of reputation is IMO a positive outcome , the idea that GB is a great power is neither true nor useful but this is,what has driven most Tory europhobia.This & the constant xenophobia - something that Labour under Blair whipped up - served up by the press & most politicians has resulted in a dangerous shift to the right & once again let off the hook those responsible for the constant cuts to public services , stagnant wages & increased indebtedness.
A lot of the criticism of the EU is IMO correct - a collection of powerful interests , mostly unelected & unaccountable lobbying for their own benefit - but to paint it as a conspiracy is absurd.
As for the UKs own unaccountable rulers , the vast majority , Corbyn included , have never had a real job in their lives , never had to make ends meet & really graft to provide for their families.Most of them don't use the NHS or other public services or state schools.The worst of them are spivs & chancers who have gotten where they are through privilege & the connections that comes with it.Their profound ignorance of how we live us only matched by their contempt for us.So can you really put your hand on your heart & say that Johnson , Rees Mogg or Farage really give a toss for anything other than their own interests? Or those who favour Corbyn or any of the others - do you really think they can make your life better & fulfill their promises?
Brexit is another manufactured crisis , helped along by a good dose of hubris & incompetence.Like the wars on terror & drugs it's designed to cause a fearful , emotional response to something that doesn't pose anywhere near the the dangers that we are told.
Meanwhile austerity , crappy low paying insecure jobs , unaffordable housing & rising poverty are blamed on those without a voice.Our PM was sacked for lying , has a history of racist comments & as a child stated the he wanted to be"king of the world" when he grew up.what could go wrong?
Yes the people have spoken but some of them were taking bollocks.

Yes a small minority of the electorate have voted leave , a decision that Cameron or most others thought impossible.so in that sense it's been a good thing but what has followed has done great damage to the country & it's not over yet.The loss of reputation is IMO a positive outcome , the idea that GB is a great power is neither true nor useful but this is,what has driven most Tory europhobia.This & the constant xenophobia - something that Labour under Blair whipped up - served up by the press & most politicians has resulted in a dangerous shift to the right & once again let off the hook those responsible for the constant cuts to public services , stagnant wages & increased indebtedness.
A lot of the criticism of the EU is IMO correct - a collection of powerful interests , mostly unelected & unaccountable lobbying for their own benefit - but to paint it as a conspiracy is absurd.
As for the UKs own unaccountable rulers , the vast majority , Corbyn included , have never had a real job in their lives , never had to make ends meet & really graft to provide for their families.Most of them don't use the NHS or other public services or state schools.The worst of them are spivs & chancers who have gotten where they are through privilege & the connections that comes with it.Their profound ignorance of how we live us only matched by their contempt for us.So can you really put your hand on your heart & say that Johnson , Rees Mogg or Farage really give a toss for anything other than their own interests? Or those who favour Corbyn or any of the others - do you really think they can make your life better & fulfill their promises?
Brexit is another manufactured crisis , helped along by a good dose of hubris & incompetence.Like the wars on terror & drugs it's designed to cause a fearful , emotional response to something that doesn't pose anywhere near the the dangers that we are told.
Meanwhile austerity , crappy low paying insecure jobs , unaffordable housing & rising poverty are blamed on those without a voice.Our PM was sacked for lying , has a history of racist comments & as a child stated the he wanted to be"king of the world" when he grew up.what could go wrong?
Yes the people have spoken but some of them were taking bollocks.
Dosen't matter what you ramblings say, or any one else that rant's on an on 'the people have spoken' the majority have spoken, you said it you self, how come a so called 'small minority' could vote 'leave' do you think the vote was rigged.

"Yes the people have spoken but some of them were taking bollocks".

So what your saying is that anyone who voted 'leave' is 'thick'

You just need to accept the fact that we live in a Democracy, thats why the 'The people have spoken'

"Yes the people have spoken but some of them were taking bollocks".

So what your saying is that anyone who voted 'leave' is 'thick'

You just need to accept the fact that we live in a Democracy, thats why the 'The people have spoken'
Yes, don't you know?
Anyone who voted leave is a toothless smackhead from up north. We all wear a five year old England shirt whilst zooming around on our invalidity scooter shouting racial abuse at anyone with a suntan...

Last edited:
Yes, don't you know?
Anyone who voted leave is a toothless smackhead from up north. We all wear a three year old England shirt whilst zooming around on our invalidity scooter shouting racial abuse at anyone with a suntan...
Now you showing your ignorance, where do you draw the line accross the country in your phrase 'up North'

Yes, don't you know?
Anyone who voted leave is a toothless smackhead from up north. We all wear a three year old England shirt whilst zooming around on our invalidity scooter shouting racial abuse at anyone with a suntan...
Are we at cross purposes? It wasn't me that said "Yes the people have spoken but some of them were taking bollocks". I was quoting from another post.

Back