Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Turbo replacement

Making old diesel trucks go fast is turning out to be an expensive preoccupation.
I was thinking the opposite tbh, thats very good value against a G turbo isnt it?
Ive got a low miles ct26 on the shelf, im undecided to upgrade this or go the G turbo route, or now the way of the winx...

I was thinking the opposite tbh, thats very good value against a G turbo isnt it?
Ive got a low miles ct26 on the shelf, im undecided to upgrade this or go the G turbo route, or now the way of the winx...

To be honest I wouldn't give it a second thought. I can't say enough about how impressed I've been with Wink...

Definitely a bargain compared to a GTurbo - if the performance is equal of course.

By way of an update - I went to visit Wink.4x4 in Leek, the Netherlands. I was taking the truck to Sweden via the Harwich Hook of Holland route, and they're kind of on the way.

I must say, I'm seriously impressed with these guys. They're designers, engineers, and Land Cruiser fanatics. They produce axles, bumpers, sliders, swing-outs (separate threat about those to follow) and of course, turbos.

Like G-Turbo, they have 2 options, depending on whether you're looking for more torque lower down or higher in the range. I wanted more low-end grunt. This unit boosts up to 30 psi (2 bar) - any more than that and you probably need to upgrade your pump and injectors. Mine is dialled back to a 'safe' 1.5 bar keeping my EGT to a maximum 600 deg C, but that's uphill with a heavy load and foot hard down. It usually runs at 400 and peaks at 500.

I needed help getting my boost and fuelling right, and Remy @ wink spent a couple of hours (while I was ogling the other goodies in his workshop) tweaking, testing and re-tweaking - even customised my boost compensator. He also fitted a new Turbosmart boost controller as apparently mine was faulty. He charged me a paltry €100 (the boost controller alone would have been €60!) to get the settings right - and I haven't stopped grinning since!

Don't get me wrong - I've never heard a bad word about G-Turbo, but I really value the fact the Wink guys are here in Europe - not just shipping cost (€20 instead of over €100), but after sales etc. I asked about reliability, and they've never had a turbo fail.

Highly recommended!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Definitely a bargain compared to a GTurbo - if the performance is equal of course.

I just checked the prices and unless G-Turbo has increased the price in the last year, the equivalent (Grunter) ticket price is on par with wink... BUT, you have to factor in that they want your old turbo in exchange, so 2 lots of shipping that will set you back another hundred quid or so.

Impressive!

They really need to up their game on the website to convey all of that information. It's all very generic there currently.

Yes - it's quite basic. They're not very sales/marketing focused... they exhibit a Buschtaxi and that seems to be about it!

I just checked the prices and unless G-Turbo has increased the price in the last year, the equivalent (Grunter) ticket price is on par with wink... BUT, you have to factor in that they want your old turbo in exchange, so 2 lots of shipping that will set you back another hundred quid or so.
I went through Overland cruisers who don't ship them back so the price is a little inflated and then the VAT is also added vs the aussie price. GST is of course removed too which helps a little. I have my old turbo that I may get rebuild and high flowed to sell on or to have as a spare - it would be hard to go back now after experiencing the G-Turbo

By way of an update - I went to visit Wink.4x4 in Leek, the Netherlands. I was taking the truck to Sweden via the Harwich Hook of Holland route, and they're kind of on the way.

I must say, I'm seriously impressed with these guys. They're designers, engineers, and Land Cruiser fanatics. They produce axles, bumpers, sliders, swing-outs (separate threat about those to follow) and of course, turbos.

Like G-Turbo, they have 2 options, depending on whether you're looking for more torque lower down or higher in the range. I wanted more low-end grunt. This unit boosts up to 30 psi (2 bar) - any more than that and you probably need to upgrade your pump and injectors. Mine is dialled back to a 'safe' 1.5 bar keeping my EGT to a maximum 600 deg C, but that's uphill with a heavy load and foot hard down. It usually runs at 400 and peaks at 500.

I needed help getting my boost and fuelling right, and Remy @ wink spent a couple of hours (while I was ogling the other goodies in his workshop) tweaking, testing and re-tweaking - even customised my boost compensator. He also fitted a new Turbosmart boost controller as apparently mine was faulty. He charged me a paltry €100 (the boost controller alone would have been €60!) to get the settings right - and I haven't stopped grinning since!

Don't get me wrong - I've never heard a bad word about G-Turbo, but I really value the fact the Wink guys are here in Europe - not just shipping cost (€20 instead of over €100), but after sales etc. I asked about reliability, and they've never had a turbo fail.

Highly recommended!
there based in leek too! Thats very handy..

I went through Overland cruisers who don't ship them back so the price is a little inflated and then the VAT is also added vs the aussie price. GST is of course removed too which helps a little. I have my old turbo that I may get rebuild and high flowed to sell on or to have as a spare - it would be hard to go back now after experiencing the G-Turbo
i did notice the edition to your sig a bit back. How are you finding the new turbo? Feels like a new motor?

there based in leek too! Thats very handy..

i did notice the edition to your sig a bit back. How are you finding the new turbo? Feels like a new motor?

The power difference is ridiculous so definitely shows a whole new perspective ... what it’s doing to a higher mileage (250k) engine I’m a little concerned about but happy to take the risk on a potential replacement/rebuild if necessary- still a lot cheaper than a new cruiser :)

Back