Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

underbody treatment

Had the LC waxoyled this week at Rustmaster Knutsford. It took a couple of days and looks the dogs... Apparently there was a fair amount of surface rust and the two young guys who cleaned it off were betting on it came from the coast or Scotland ( they were both wrong, it's spent it's entire life in Peterborough) but after taking it back to the metal and treating it I feel as though it should not give me any problems for the next 5 or so years. These guys seem to know what they are doing, they should do though as they have been applying Waxoyl for the past 10 years to mainly LR's and classic cars. As I intend on keeping this vehicle for many years yet I feel its 500 notes well spent....

I have had good results with Waxoyl.

When i first got my landrover 90 i spent a while underneath prepping and waxoyling. i sold it last november and it still looked good underneath. that was about 4/5 years.

I did my mine last year made my own so called wax oil old engine candle was and white spirit

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Interesting. It will be good to revisit this over time snd see just how good it stays. Who knows you may have hit on something there.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Making it in the kitchen doesn't go too well with Mrs though

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Oops!! Neither does putting your smart car engine parts through the dishwasher but that's one for another day.

Oops!! Neither does putting your smart car engine parts through the dishwasher but that's one for another day. 

I've done similar Rich but always when the missus is at work.
thinking-017.GIF

I've done similar Rich but always when the missus is at work.
thinking-017.GIF

Mine came out great and it wasn't Lynn I had trouble from really. The flipping thing put a grey coating over every single bar in the dishwasher. I was so annoyed I cleaned it all off by hand til 3 in the morning as nothing else would shift it. [emoji22][emoji22][emoji35]

On a very cold day I put a tube black windscreen sealer in the microwave and popped up to the garage to get something. On my way back down I wondered why the kitchen windows were black. I had not realized that the tube was metal. It had instantly vaporized part of the contents.

On a very cold day I put a tube black windscreen sealer in the microwave and popped up to the garage to get something. On my way back down I wondered why the kitchen windows were black. I had not realized that the tube was metal. It had instantly vaporized part of the contents.
So on that note ,how's the divorce going :laughing-rolling:

[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

http://www.frost.co.uk/eastwood-internal-frame-coating-with-spray-nozzle.html

Stolen from a vw forum

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:28 pm Post subject: Test resulticon_quote.gif

*#GTI wrote:
It would be appreciated if we could get an update on on the rusults of this product from some of you who used it from over a year ago. Im really interested in this product . Thanks!!

I sprayed some of this product on a rusty piece of sheetmetal that I cut out of my floor pan. Here it is after I sprayed it on June 4, 2010:

687444.jpg

After I let it dry a couple of days, I tossed it outside beside my garage, paint side up. It was rained upon, snowed upon, and even sun-shined upon for well over a year & a few months before I retrieved it. It now looks like this:

881954.jpg

Considering I did zero cleaning or surface prep of any kind (just as it would be if used inside a confined area), and then subjected it to our very wet climate for a considerable amount of time, I believe it held up well.

Last edited:
Back