Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Value of a 1983 FJ60?

qgoulden

I have a 1983 FJ60 that I received after my father passed away last year. I had no intention of selling it, but due to our baby's recent heart surgery and our other vehicle cracking a head, I have no choice. I knew almost nothing about the Land Cruiser when it was given to me. However, thanks to this forum (and others), I've learned a bit about it.
It starts and runs every time, but will periodically die after driven for a while. It seems that I have a carburetor that is getting hot and causing it to die. Once it cools, it starts and runs fine. Does this sound accurate?

Also, according to Carfax, it has a branded title (saying "exceeds mechanical limitations"--due to odometer inaccuracy).
The odometer reads, 103,xxx miles.

Does this branded title completely ruin the value of the vehicle even though it has no rust, runs good and is in decent shape? I'd like to sell it, but I'm just not sure what is a fair price for a vehicle under this circumstance. Any help/advice would be great.

can't really advise on specific value but 60s are starting to become appreciated as classics in the states (where I presume you are as it's a gas engine) so are going for improving values.

I'm not familliar with carfax, but I would imagine it's largely irrelevant when dealing with these sorts of vehicles.

It does sound like fuel vapourisation, might be worth getting it looked at as it may not be that expensive to fix but could make a big difference to value.

hope the nippers doing ok:thumbup:

If you are in the US ,it would be best to ask on IH8MUD. Carb issue sounds like the carb fan is not working ,it over heats duel to smog equipment fitted to US models of this era.

Back