Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

well, it had to happen....

froggy Steve

Supporter
Country Flag
europe
Told her off last week for scratching the front bumper on a wall.
I got this today :(
View attachment 27339

Front bumper, snorkel, awning ripped off, inner & out wing, door bent bonnet bent headlamp & side/repeater gone.

View attachment 27340
rear 1/4 panel, scratched bumper, rear upper lights......

View attachment 27341

few scrapes on the roof rack :(

View attachment 27342

Humber 4x4 rock sliders helped!

sob sob sob :(

She is in fact incredibly lucky - she lost it on a bed, went down a small ditch, broadsided along the road, and went off glancing a massive concrete pylon, before ending up 10 ft down in a sunflower field! The right way up, no dead center hit on the pylon....just a few inches the wrong way and it could have been a very (even more!) sad day. Peeved, but relieved!

Last edited:
Ouch, that'll take some fettling. Glad no one was hurt, feeling your pain with the damage. Hopefully repairable and not a write off.

Oh no, they cant write it off! I just put new suspenders and wheels/tyres on :(
there is a lot to take into account though - if not written off then would they replace the snorkel or would I have to have it back in original shape to start over again?

What if they write it off - what next? 80/100? .........oh noooooooooooooooooooooo

Ouch Steve, looks like a right mess. But glad that nobody was hurt:thumbup: - the metal can be replaced, maybe you could swing an ARB winch bumper out of it!

Glad your other half wasn't hurt Steve - though probably badly shaken up from the sound of it! :shock:

You can always repair the Cruiser - just ask Chas! :icon-wink:

I can live witha few scratches, so maybe an offer to pay the difference on a winch bumper would work! I was going to buy one next moth anyway :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
:shock: wow to be honest i'd be thanking my lucky stars she was driving a cruiser , sure repairs will hurt the pocket but they can be repaired , when push comes to shove its only a hunk of metal and people can't be replaced .

Gutted for you and the missus Steve but fortunately no injuries....

As everyone else has said thank heavens it wasn't worse as it could so easily have been, I'm so glad your missus is OK, obviously shaken up though.
Metal can always be replaced (ask me how I know :oops:) if nothing is twisted all the panels can be straitened or replaced. Do you have a tame bodywork man out there Steve? Hope to see it back on the road soon.

Yes, another few inches the other way and .........
Yes metal can be replaced, but its going to be an insurance job, I just hope they do a proper job if its not a write off. I do hope not. I shall be gutted if they do - what about all my goodies! both having a large scotch to calm the nerves!

Its fair to say insurance companies don't like to repair cars this age but in my experience most will with a bit of haggling agree to replace like for like , so start collecting ads for Collies in similar condition at similar mileage . I'm sure your too shook up to think about this objectively just yet but take heart that there might be light at the end of the tunnel . You might get to choose whatever truck you like based solely on colour preference and buy your own back for a nominal fee .

Yes, another few inches the other way and .........
Yes metal can be replaced, but its going to be an insurance job, I just hope they do a proper job if its not a write off. I do hope not. I shall be gutted if they do - what about all my goodies! both having a large scotch to calm the nerves!

:wtf: Glad everyone's Ok. Im sure it will be back up and running in no time.

Well, its 14 years old now, so you may be right - bonus is, over here it would be worth 8-10k! (he says hopefully!) I just want all the goodies back if its a dead 'un.

:( cant believe I feel so sad about a car!

Its fair to say insurance companies don't like to repair cars this age but in my experience most will with a bit of haggling agree to replace like for like , so start collecting ads for Collies in similar condition at similar mileage . I'm sure your too shook up to think about this objectively just yet but take heart that there might be light at the end of the tunnel . You might get to choose whatever truck you like based solely on colour preference and buy your own back for a nominal fee .

Bugger, bugger, bugger Steve and a few more bugger's thrown in. Of course reiterating all the above, nobody hurt has to come first.

But, the rest is all down to money. The insurance will want to pay out the least, so if it's worth 10k then they should approve repairs up to that value before they consider writing it off.

If you can get a recommendation of repair shop with a good reputation you may be able to get a good job done at a reasonable price. With a new wing and front fender, I recon the rest shouldn't be too much of a problem to a good workshop.

I feel for both of you...:cry:

Bloody hell!!!!! Glad everyone is ok. Few inches in the wrong direction and could've been much worse!!! Know how your probably feeling right now.

wife put a fence post through the middle of her old car and has a couple of scars on her left fingers where it brushed past her!!!! Another inch would've been more then a scar.

OMG :icon-exclaim:

As already said, it could have been far far worse! I hope you are all at the bottom of some good bottles of Vin Rouge numbing the pain. If the roof rack etc are not covered on the truck insurance they may be on your house insurance and may even be covered on the credit card you used to pay for them :)

I'm sure that it will all get sorted in a way that pleases you in the end :)

Cheers everybody - SWMBO is feeling a bit better this morning, but a few aches have come into play - sent up the forest with the hounds in the rain - that will make her feel better! Full day ahead, 9 or 10 pools to clean. Oh Well, life goes on! Been awake half the night thinking what if.....the insurance co dont like my oversized tyres? May not pay out at all! Better take the original set across to the garage tomorrow , just in case!

Eek! That's scary stuff. Was it the rock sliders that stopped it taking all the doors out too?

Blimey Steve... Glad everyone is ok & hope it all gets sorted out speedily & painlessly...

Back