Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

well, it had to happen....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you hear that scream?
F'in insurance companies!

Latest news just in de ded dah dah dee etc

The expert HAS NOT BEEN YET!

It was passed onto another expert who frankly is taking the p*ss

The garage said the expert had been Friday - yes he had, but NOT TO LOOK at my truck! why dont they tell you this?

The other 'expert' is going this coming Thursday.......nearly 4 weeks after the accident!!! 4 f'in weeks and no-one has seen the car yet.

Snotty complaint gone in tonight. We spend 3-4k pa with the same broker, they are as cross as we are, but hell, this is disgusting!

grrrr snarl, ~# 4 scotch coming up!

rant rant rant blah blah blah

oh, and the mower we drove 300 km each way to see today was a bag of dung, with a mulching not a rear discharge deck (wanted Rear discharge - advertised as having that) was knackered and in poor condition! Oh, the chap we made the appointment with wasnt there either.............but on the bright side, I bought a John Deere on the way home! less money 1/4 of the hours and in far better condition!

DSC_0001.jpg
DSC_0002.jpg

Smart, looks tough enough to rear discharge an effin insurance expert.... give it a go Steve :lol::whistle:

its got a drinks holder and get this .....a 12v outlet! A Sarnie storage hole, 1.5l diesel 3cyl engine banging out 30 HP!! on demand 4x4 or full time 4x4, diff lock, brakes for left or right zero turn, cant wait to have a play!
:)

Last edited:
It does have an Hydraulic oil cooler up against the Engine Rad - get this ...its on a hinge so you can swing it out to clean the rad!

Hang on, getting happy again, must resist happy, must keep miserable old git mode.............

Sorry to hear about your insurance troubles, but I can't say I'm surprised! My house was cleared out earlier this year and it took them THREE EFFING MONTHS to send their expert. Since I need tools to work on my house (it's a ruin I'm renovating from scratch) I had no choice but to start replacing items, and they wouldn't even give me an advance.

Quoting the woman from the insurance company "it's not my job to be helpful - I work for an insurance company"(!!!!!!)

Once the expert finally came it went really quickly. She authorised an immediate release of some cash, and in the end I got back more money than I feared.

Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That sounds like a right Mare!

Well, its 16.30, no call, contact or owt from the insurance company to say the 'expert' (number 3 ) has been to inspect the truck, so, phone call coming up!

Sorry, had to chop up a Lamb for the freezer, then have a BBQ with the nieghbours!
Right, news, woopie bloody doo! The 'expert' has been, and given the OK to repair the car (about time I hear you scream!)
Next job is tomorrow to visit the garage and tell him what and where and who from to order the new awning, bumper and snorkel from! (with us paying any difference)
I suppose this will be a PITA too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hallelujah that's the major battle won now you need to wipe the slate clean and prepare to be patient , getting what you want is more important than getting something similar in a hurry .

cool-045.GIF

Glad it's turned out OK . . . so far anyway.

This is how daft it gets here. Been to the garage this evening to discuss the accsessories, where to buy, what to buy etc. All happy with these. He mentioned that the 'expert' has costed up repairs to be .............................€8,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is without the bumper/awning/snorkel etc!
I said this must have been touch & go as to it being scrapped or not, nope was the answer, the 'expert' has valued it at..........................€15,000! :laughing-rolling:

I know stuff is more expensive over here, but, c'mon, 15k for a 14 year old Colorado with 90k on the clock. I wish I was an expert!
Still, just a month to wait for the job to be done now.

Car prices are ridiculous in our part of the world aren't they. :thumbup:

Sounds like an opportunity for somebody over there....

Darn right there is! only problem is, frenchies wont drive on the other side! (unless fortified with several bottles of vino!)

Bravo Steve! It may be a slow journey, but at least it looks like it's going in the right direction! Can't believe that's 8kEur though...:think:

Its crazy! still, I expect my premium will cover it next year!

At last, some good, positive news!
The car has been stripped down, dents that can be repaired (like the rear pannel above the arch) repaired, rubbed down ready for painting. All the parts have been ordered, including the new winch bumper, awning, snorkel (going to Safari this time, after all, I am not paying for it...). I have asked him to service it, fit the new air con pipes and the oil cooler pipes for the auto box. Cant wait to get her back! Better go order some more goodies - HID spots I think!

Nice result that Steve, plenty pics when done.

Back