Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

well, it had to happen....

And at the same time your insurance company is updating the shared database calling you a high risk difficult customer so you will struggle to switch when the time comes , legal extortion i call it .

But that's precisely what Steve is (in insurance terms) a high risk difficult customer:lol:

Well, its Friday and still no replacement car/van! It turns out, buried in the T&C's is another buried section call 'Special T&C's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Deep within here apparently (we have asked for proof) is the bit that says, if you car is drivable, then you dont get a replacement - I do if it isnt drivable, is broken down or even stolen. I get a 'commercial' vehicle, if one cant be found, then a car and 80€ a day to compensate.
So, as we tied the door up with rope to get us home to empty the van of its 1000's worth of kit inside, we dont get a replacement vehicle, even though we pay for one.
Still arguing with them!

Just had this email - Mr Sellier is the agency owner.

[FONT=&quot]Dear Mr and Mrs Lowe,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your email. I am going to translate and email the assistance straight away but I doubt to have a reply today.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]However, I spoke to Mr Sellier who agrees to help if the assistance doesn’t, up to 300€. This is of course a delicate situation which we fully understand. Unfortunately, as I mentioned to you on the phone this morning EUROP ASSITANCE is a separate organism ; besides, in the General Conditions, it states that the ‘replacement vehicle’:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“covers the vehicle described in the Special Conditions for which the “replacement vehicle” coverage is acquired. We provide a replacement vehicle if your vehicle is disabled: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Following towing arranged by us (on the basis of breakdown, accident, attempted theft, theft of the vehicle’s components, fire or major event, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Following the thefts of the vehicle, etc.. “[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
I’ll let you know as soon as I hear from EA.

Last edited:
Update! Woopie - We won! Just got conformation we can go out and hire a replacement vehicle max 500€ for next week! hoorah for the (big) little guy - things are looking up, glad we got Euro millions tickets now! If we win it all, I will share some out with you guys ;)

Well done Steve. I thought at that rate they must be owned by the Germans who don't do problems but it looks like it's Italian :icon-exclaim:.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
cheers,
:( sorry no email from Euro Millions, maybe they are on their way round to congratulate me in person?

cheers,
:( sorry no email from Euro Millions, maybe they are on their way round to congratulate me in person?

It's a conspiracy, I didn't get anything from the Premium Bonds either.
sad-012.gif

we did it! 4 € something! wow, best buy that winch & share the change out with you guys!:laughing-rolling:

So it's all round to Steve's place to celebrate the big win eh? :lol: You did mean € 4m I presume Steve...? Just a typo, was it? :think:

Well, truck O saurus has gone back to the useless repairer to see if can put right some of the dodgy painting, repairs, battery replacement etc etc. Shame, I just got it almost ready again! Apparently, we can have it back on Friday......

At least they've accepted that they did a less than perfect job Steve...

I wish that was the case, a nod, a shrug of the shoulders and OK was all we got whilst going through what was needed. He hasnt had his money from the insurance co yet, who have said until we are happy, they wont pay him. Its a start I guess!

That`s a good position to be in, Steve - what a lever. I know it`s all been (and still is) APITA, but the b`stard now knows you will not accept sub standard work, will be scrutinizing everything, AND until you give the nod, he will not see the insurance money.

John

Back