Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

what film are you watching tonight?

Anthropoid film 4+1

Good movie even if the former EU did win that scrap with a score of 5000 to 1 .

Last edited:
stand by me.
ah, the sun did always shine in those days didn't it..

Saw The Green Book the other day in the cinema. Great film. Based on fact. Well worth seeing.

Just skipping through this thread I’ve missed viewing for a while.

A United Kingdom stood out. My 92yr old Mum was at the same school as Ruth Williams around the same time. It was a big scandal at the time and they were forbidden to talk about it. How things change. A great film.
Can’t praise Darkest Hour enough, Gary Oldman is superb and it is filmed in the actual Cabinet War Rooms under Whitehall. Saw it again the other night. Still didn’t want it to end. During every air raid when others were in their shelters, Churchill was up on the roof watching.
Seen all the Hunger games and Mockingjay films. About time for a revisit.

Now, don’t laugh, but Christopher Robin in my view is just great. If your childhood featured Winnie the Pooh and friends, this is pure joy. The characters are brilliantly brought to life. It’s also made me realise that the stories were really preparing kids for all the different kinds of personalities that can all be friends. I may be a silly old bear but I don’t care, I thoroughly enjoyed it and will again. Soon.

There, that’s my bit of catching up.

First Man,

I was 6 again, Mum and Dad keep us up to watch it live. Amazing visuals. Well worth the watch.

G.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chernobyl diaries.
One of my favourites.

Chernobyl, the new mini series on Sky Atlantic. What actually happened is scary enough, what almost happened hardly bares thinking about.

Just watched Free Solo. No it's not the sequel to the film about the killer whale, it was a young fella who free climbed El Capitan In Yosemite. 3200 ft of utter madness. No rope, nothing. Just straight up.

Afte about 1000ft he comes across a bunch of climbers in a Portaledge just waking up. Can you imagine. All strapped on and this geezer walks past in a shirt and shorts.

Screenshot 2019-05-24 at 21.26.13.jpg

Chernobyl, the new mini series on Sky Atlantic. What actually happened is scary enough, what almost happened hardly bares thinking about.
hmm, that's a shame we don't have sky.

Managed to catch the first episode of this at a pals house tonight.
Thoroughly engrossing.

Went to see " Yesterday" at the flicks last night, thoroughly good film and not a minute not to like.

Downloaded and watched Last Breath..more of a mockumentary. About a sat diver in the North Sea who ends up being a human anchor for a Diving Vessel, before his umbilical parts company.

Just watched Free Solo. No it's not the sequel to the film about the killer whale, it was a young fella who free climbed El Capitan In Yosemite. 3200 ft of utter madness. No rope, nothing. Just straight up.

Afte about 1000ft he comes across a bunch of climbers in a Portaledge just waking up. Can you imagine. All strapped on and this geezer walks past in a shirt and shorts.

View attachment 156384
You should watch the dawn wall, that was also great.

Not quite a film but based on some, the new lethal weapon which now features Stifler driving a very nice 60 series!

Muscle shoals , the documentary about the famous recording studio & it's house band , name checked in Sweet home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd

Maximum overdrive.

Stephen King.

I'm not a huge reader, but can read his books all day long..

Wait; you can read? And here's me thinking you were just mastering crayons and keeping between the lines!

Arf arf

Eye in the Sky. A fictional account of a modern, high tech, military anti terrorism operation.

Back