Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What is it about the 80 series ...................

Shame though coz I'm now looking to Nissan to replace the Mrs car .
Shayne, have you considered a 100 series? A progression of the 80, carrying on its size and lovely 4.2TD engine, but with more luxury. I bit like a larger version of your 90 series. There are more 100's to chose from on the market than 80's, and UK models have a rear locker as well.

I have Scott and there's plenty of good ones about but there not for me - too posh for me I guess .

Hi, I am hoping that Toolsplus will pick up on this. I am moving to Portugal in September 2015 and will be looking for an 80 series. Do you have any advice, tips regarding finding one? I will be in central Portugal; but am will to travel to any part of Portugal to acquire one.
Many thanks.

Hi nogard,
In all my travels through Portugal the only 80 series I have seen are foreign plated. Plenty of 70 series, BJ40s and the occasional 100 series. If you nose around on the local websites asking price for the rare 80 is Euro 20,000+. Have a look through autoscout24 (mobile phone app). But then again importing an 80 series into Portugal and you will get clobbered by import tax and road tax of Euro 900/year. Portuguese Government doesn't like 4.2 litre engines. If I see one I'll let you know.

^^^
Charlie's right,not many local 80's and the ones for sale are very expensive
check out OLX.com for portuguese cars

Thanks for that, Mojo and Toolsplus. A rethink is in order! I have the chance to purchase a, Portuguese, LR TDi 200!! I will wash my mouth out with soap, for mentioning such on this site. What i am after is a four wheel drive, with no electronics, to play with. I also understand that upgrades, mods, etc. warrant an IPO [MOT] fail in Portugal?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for that, Mojo and Toolsplus. A rethink is in order! I have the chance to purchase a, Portuguese, LR TDi 200!! I will wash my mouth out with soap, for mentioning such on this site. What i am after is a four wheel drive, with no electronics, to play with. I also understand that upgrades, mods, etc. warrant an IPO [MOT] fail in Portugal?

KZJ73 or a KZJ78/79! :icon-wink:

Like a lamerover in that there coil suspension all round and live axles front and rear, but with Toyota's legendary strength and reliability! :icon-biggrin:

Toyota has a long history in Portugal
there's not many 80's but there's loads of older Toyota 4WD's about
get a look on; OLX.com

Back