Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Where to buy Old Man Emu suspension from in the UK?

sae70

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
I'm toying with replacing the front suspension on the new truck (MY02 LWB Colorado D4D) with some OME units :icon-smile:

Devon4x4 seem to be the only place that list it with prices in the UK, but it's a tad pricey IMHO :icon-exclaim:

Where did any of you buy yours from :icon-question: I spent some time on the phone with Karl last week and he suggested Frog Island, has anyone else any other suggestions before I sit down for an hour or so calling round them all :icon-question:

881 coils or 882 coils :icon-question: What have you got fitted and how do you find them :icon-question:

Frog's Island are very good to deal with.

One trip from Ireland to southern Morocco in Rommel (kzj78) did in my brand new OME rear shocks though!!! Replaced them in Zagora.

I've had a few sets from TBR, who have always been good to deal with.

Also try ARBIL directly - great response and service from them.

Cheers

I have used both TBR and Devon 4x4

TBR give you an LC club discount of 10%, but their delivery times can often be a bit optomistic..
so not reliable if you are in a rush for the parts

I started with 882 on my colorado, but the lift was too great at front and i got driveline vibrations under load
I swapped them for 881 coils

I have a winch tray, you really need the weight of a full-on winch bumper with the 882 coils

but others have found them OK

is the D4D engine heavier than the 1KZTE?

I run 891 and 892 coils on the rear, and swap them out between trip seasons
using the stiffer 892 coils when i have RTT etc on the vehicle

I plan to sell the 892 coils separately when i get a newer Toyota :)

the nitrocharger sport shocks perform better than the non-sport ones
i fitted 60027 to rear in June, and they were much better than the old N86 shocks

i have N91SB on front

some threads i posted when fitting the OME stuff

http://www.landcruiserclub.net/foru...E-Suspension-lift-fitted?highlight=suspension

and issues
http://www.landcruiserclub.net/foru...bration-shimmy-underload?highlight=suspension

http://www.landcruiserclub.net/foru...eering-tie-rod-end-angle?highlight=suspension

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yea it does really :icon-smile: Before I changed out the rear IM springs on Fiery for the 80 series ones I did a lot of reading on the subject matter. During this time I came to the conclusion that if I ever had the chance I felt that the best suspension set up for me from reading about others experiences would be an all OME front end with 80 series front springs up the back end and either KYB or Monroe standard 80 series rear shocks with the 80 series springs. I could be steered toward the proper 90 series OME rear shocks if the price were right, but I'm not that bothered by them needing to be OME.

What are you thinking then? :icon-smile:

Last edited:
Just curious really.
I picked up my pedders lift kit for my swb 90 yesterday, hoping to fit it next weekend (weather permitting).
I ordered it before getting a copy of novembers total off road to which they have just fitted a pedders kit. They seemed quite happy with it.
Not sure how quickly you were looking to get your ome stuff, I could let you know what its like once I've fitted it. Or we could even meet up if you wanted to see what it rides like.
I was given the foamcell shox all round rather than gas at one end as described on the website.

It will interesting to see what kind of lift you get at the front end with the Pedders kit as it was not a make that came up in my research, OME, IM, King, ToughDog, 80 series springs, but no Pedders. Was there a choice of springs for the front end? Do you have any accessory's fitted?

koni shocks seem to be respected by some these days

They do have a choice of springs.
I've got no extra weight on the front of my truck so went for the standard lift springs. In total off road they had the heavy duty ones fitted as they are adding a winch. Without the winch they ended up with 3 inches of lift on the front.
They do ask what your requirements are re extra weight etc. Roger at pedders was very helpful.

You could also try Julian at overland cruisers.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

That Trek 4x4 seem very reasonable to me :think:

Are they easy to deal with as that seems very good value?

Sorry for the late reply...... I can't remember what it was I got from them, but if there had been any problems I am sure I would remember that!!!!!!

andy

I bought my Howling Moon roof tent from Trek - nice folk to deal with..

Cheers

Back