Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who had windows tinted ?

Shayne

Guru
Its a bit last minute but i'm tempted to phone around having read its sometimes a while you wait service but i'm undecided on what to go for .

The devil in me wants Limo black even on the windscreen regardless of it being illegal but common sense is saying go as dark as legally possible on the front windows and have the rest done to match . I have no reverse camera on the 80 ........... yet .

Any pics that might help me decide ?

Its a bit last minute but i'm tempted to phone around having read its sometimes a while you wait service but i'm undecided on what to go for .

The devil in me wants Limo black even on the windscreen regardless of it being illegal but common sense is saying go as dark as legally possible on the front windows and have the rest done to match . I have no reverse camera on the 80 ........... yet .

Any pics that might help me decide ?
Well I couldn't tell you what shade they are but...
20190803_101806.jpg

I had mine done in 2005. I was advised if you have limo glass in the back you won’t see out if it’s raining so I went 1 down from that. I had the front sides tinted very lightly and got pulled in 2015. Had to peel the film off at the side of the road otherwise it wasn’t legal to drive it as it had a prohibition notice applied then would have had to be taken and re measured to have the notice removed- on the back of a truck. Hence I pulled it off at the side of the road and had the all clear notice issued at the same time.

Edit, the front windows are already factory tinted as dark as legally possible.

Ps. On the left of the photo you will see a most hated crappy automatic, in the centre a toyota automatic with minimum pain in the arse factor.

Had mine done in 2015. I went for as dark as possible. Left the driver, front passenger and front window clear. I had no issues with them at all.

G.

Mine are factory tint, but no idea of a code number or anything useful Shayne, sorry.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ps. On the left of the photo you will see a most hated crappy automatic, in the centre a toyota automatic with minimum pain in the arse factor.
…with MAN on the front? :whistle:

…with MAN on the front? :whistle:
Now that is the most hated of all autos but mine was replaced with a daf, at least I can turn left and right now without a 30 point shunt

I do, but twenty foot tall and auto is nothing good

Tinted my own, £10 of ebay film was enough to do the whole truck 3 times. 1at attempt was shit but you learn and its pretty easy. I used 15% transmission film so 1 down from black as night

The Toyota tint on mine looks green to me so while i like the pivacy factor i just got to thinking while fitting solid back windows today even smoked tint would bring it up to date a bit .

Can't say i've ever driven an auto hgv nick and i find it hard to imagine , maybe i should stop giving way to them out of sympathy for the gearbox shuffle i assume they will endure if i don't

The Toyota tint on mine looks green to me so while i like the pivacy factor i just got to thinking while fitting solid back windows today even smoked tint would bring it up to date a bit .

Can't say i've ever driven an auto hgv nick and i find it hard to imagine , maybe i should stop giving way to them out of sympathy for the gearbox shuffle i assume they will endure if i don't
gimme a cluctch and a stick any day, its far harder driving an auto

Windows were tinted on mine when i bought it, not long after getting it i was pulling out of an angled junction one night which meant partially looking left behind the passenger seat out of the rear side window, pulled out and knocked a cyclist down, i simply couldn't see him although he had lights ( dim ) he was ok and after apologies nothing more happened, next morning i tore all the tints off, would never have them again.

Shayne, I tinted my windows silver. This turned out to be illegal in Belgium so had to change to black. I was looking for a way to keep the sun and heat out as much as possible and in that respect the silver tint outperforms the black tint. The black windows heat up considerably, like a solar collector, the silver tinted windows reflect the sun. Also, the silver windows are much easier to see through from the inside so safer in traffic in the situation described by joinerman. For this reason I still have one silver window, for now...

I've done limo all round the back inc rear screen. had the fronts done and Vosa pulled me and I was told I had to RIP them out or the truck would be seized. I wouldnt bother tinting fronts again as it's a pain in the arse if pulled

Even without tints must wonder if that secury film he talks about might help prevent the windscreen chips all my trucks are prone to .

UK has no laws on tinting rear windows or even painting them black , what i'm in two minds about is whether all windows the same , dictated by whats legal on the front side window , or van like black out rears with light and legal at the front , which will look best ?

Legal tint on front side windows is barely noticeable so I don't have any tint on driver and front passenger windows, it is illegal to tint the windscreen, and imo very dangerous to do especially for night driving.
All my other windows are limo tint and the difference in interior temps is noticeable, I wanted limo tint not for looks but security, if sticky fingers cant see what is in the back, he is less likely to break my windows I hope.

P8161162.JPG

Back