Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

currently sat in the mot centre. Bmw passed this morning. Fingers crossed for Mjb!

Same as Nick today, 8.00 then 9.00.
IMG_0716_zpskiaudtob.jpg

IMG_0718_zpsbmer2krx.jpg

2/2, Yaris no advisories, Cruiser a couple of minor advisories but good to go.

Just cleaned the all of the inside of the roof of truck with a tooth brush looks new

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Just cleaned the all of the inside of the roof of truck with a tooth brush looks new

What cleaner did you use? Mine is absolutely filthy. Or better still, what do you charge? Ill supply the tooth brush..

1001 carpet cleaner and cold water shall take a photo later

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
:icon-biggrin:

Do i really have to use a tooth brush? Something a lot bigger maybe?

I do admire your patience and attention to detail, a dieing art nowadays..:thumbup:

Couple coats of Primer and then some nice enamel paint - Normally choose Black but I couldn't resist buying the silver at a reduced 1/3 of the price :dance: Came out pretty good anyway.

IMG_7590.JPGIMG_7591.JPGIMG_7592.JPGIMG_7593.JPGIMG_7594.JPGIMG_7595.JPGIMG_7596.JPGIMG_7597.JPGIMG_7598.JPGIMG_7599.JPG

Also bought a boat as a project! Which reminds me, a lot of american trailers, whether it be boat, car or utility, they all seem to have the axles pushed further back compared to what I'm used to in the UK. This leads to more tongue weight on the truck. Obviously with a utility trailer you can get the load at the back, but with the boat as you can see in the pic below, the axles very back. Thinking of adding another one to help. Will probably get some Air bags helpers to help the springs out.

IMG_7518.JPG

And a wash!

IMG_7456.JPG

Used a tooth brush as tried a small area with a small scrubbing brush it looked like it was going to spoil the pile, jobs done now

Used a tooth brush as tried a small area with a small scrubbing brush it looked like it was going to spoil the pile, jobs done now

when I was having the rear wheel carrier refurbished, I carried the spare vertically in the rear of the 80 against one of the back side windows, and unknown to me the top of the tyre was rubbing the headlining slightly. Stationary there was a small clearance, but of course, offroad and bouncing around, it wore a big ugly patch in the headlining :thumbdown:

One day I'll figure out a repair or some means of covering it up, but it's a shame because otherwise, the headlining was in good shape and quite clean. :icon-cry:

All American trailers seem to have the wheels at the rear - their artics (semis) are the same but then when you've got 40 acres to turn the truck around.... We Europeans (whichever country) have to be a bit more circumspect. I drove an American artic in Europe for a while in the 80s - it puts a whole new complexion on bends and junctions!!!
Cheers

This week we started refurbishing the chassis and underside of our 40. It's covered in underseal, much more and even Lincomb soil. It is going to be a long job. Once it's clean of the scrappable stuff it will then get a wash with Chassis Clean, followed by a coating of Metal Ready, then POR15 where the sun can't get and Chassis Black (satin finish) where the sun touches. Best do some before and after shots.

Regards,

Went and got all my wiring under the back end tidied up this morning, couple of rusty/broken wires. While I was there noticed mjb had reached a milestone

IMG_5826.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5826.JPG
    IMG_5826.JPG
    948.7 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Mine just ticked over 170000 miles today. Must edit the sig line!!

As the spare wheel was off so matey could sort out my wiring i decided to fit Chas's old wheels and tyres in preparation for some muddy times ahead, I also put new rear bump stops on while the back wheels were off, one bolt sheared, a job fro TRED when i next visit.
IMG_5828.JPG
IMG_5829.JPG
IMG_5830.JPG
The spare that was underneath is slightly smaller than all my other AT's think its a 270 or 275 70 16. Is that the original size tyre for these? its teeny weeny.

Last edited:
I think different models had different tyre sizes, if you think they're teeny, my truck had 235/70/16s on it when I bought it!

BTW, the other day I spotted my tachometer on a 'special' number...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edit...

What crappy photos, it's 377,777 (km of course)

Last edited:
I found a couple of hours today to change the steering rack bushes on the 1kd and then wasted the best part of an hour trying to find the big D bush i took off my truck . Couldn't find it so ordered new for next day delivery and just loosened everything to make an easy job of it tomorrow . And i've just remembered the big D is still on the old rack which i moved at least 3 times in my search :lol: :doh:

Last edited:
Back