Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

First time doing the oil change myself. I have never had oil Gush out like this before, pretty much hit the bottom of the tray and bounced back out! Gonna need to degrease the drive way a little.
full.jpg

Removed the front bash plate to see if I could straighten it out a little
full.jpg

Didnt really change much. Bit of a bash and using the cars weight on the jack got it fitting better
full.jpg

So had a busy day today put new rear discs and pads on with refurbished callipers, got done at big red very pleased with how the came out and a quick turn around to about a week, also changed the front discs and callipers for the bigger ones an easy enough job to do just had to buy the bigger discs and callipers and all bolted straight on :) also changed the cvs for genuine Toyota ones as one started to click (genuine also)

IMG_3747.JPG IMG_3748.JPG IMG_3753.JPG IMG_3754.JPG

Changed my cvs also today.

OK so I had a terrible time getting my cvs off the half shafts.

How the hell do you do it if in the middle of nowhere ?

I almost left the clip off to help me in future.

Martack!!!

That's what I & several others I know have done, makes it easy.

I think there is a thread somewhere about it

Andy

Fitted new battey for a dead one and reterminated with all new battery clamps on both batteries.
Fitted rear speakers at last too. Made a new side panel to mount them as the old hardboard was past its best.
Got the oil pressure gauge working again - the spade connector was rusty.
Changed the air filter.
Tried fitting a new led interior lamp but the bulb was too short. Ordered a 36mm one. Fitted new wiper arms and covers to smarten up the view out the screen. lovely day for it too

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I use a lump hammer and brass drift if there going back on.
Just the lump hammer if not..

Last edited:
Well today was a new rear diff seal as leaking, the breather had blocked and when it got heated up at steady 70mph blew oil everywhere, cleared breather but still leaking so put a new seal in today so let's see if that cures it

Piece of scaffold pole. Put the shaft in it up to the CV, lift and drop the cv/shaft or the whole lot. Put a piece of wood under for the shaft to fall on to. Piece of cake. :)

Rich after 2 hours a whacking 7 bells our of the scaffold pole I gave up and smashed the cages out.

It's not easy. the clips had dug into the groove and we're not moving anymore.

Sounds like you had other demons to contend with there Stu. Though I must admit I did have to drop my shorter shaft twice with a little more of a downward throw the second time. I used a 3m long piece of ABS tube at the time, simply because it was available. Long shaft went first time.

Prep for the Pyrenees.
3 diffs, gearbox, engine oil, fettled the brakes, handbrake too, props, checked bushes, wheel bearings, changed the STTs for the BFG ATs, flushed water tank, checked spares box, batteries and even gave it a wash. Plus some new trip decals. MOT tomorrow which should be fine then a couple of weeks to go before the off.

Replaced my drivers window motor and regulator with a new one from Milners. Wow! for £70 delivered i think ill order another for the passenger side.

Yesterday - Gave it an oil and filter service, cleaned the air filter and greased the propshaft UJ's. Was looking a bit sorry for itself so gave it a wash and a vac ready for our camping trip to Norfolk.

Changed handbarake shoes on one side of the 120. What an utter barsteward of a job. There should be a sticky in big red letters at the top of the 120 forum warning about this one. Got to do the other side today, in the rain. Will take some pictures.

Fitted new cat converters in the rain, I started so had to finish. Did lay underneath out of the rain though.
Bolted the slider back on.

Tweaked the map and found it was injecting fuel on overrun All the time!! No surprise it melted the cats :doh:
Will take for a good blast tomorrow.

So I broke the snorkle grill last time I went to Salisbury and looked for another one on eBlag.

I came across the pre filter for the top of the snorkle I have seen them and been a bit of 2 minds if they work or not.

So I drove 10 mins on roads to work and checked it. Lots of dust surprised me.

Did a afternoon laning today and it filled up with all kinds of chap, bugs and some very dirty water...

So they do make a difference make a funny noise though
20170723_180845.jpg

Back