20170609_183525.jpg
Present from ebay arrived
20170609_183716.jpg
Handily it fits in the ole snuggly
IMG-20170609-WA0024.jpeg
Just need to find a shackle that fits doh
20170609_200342.jpg

Last edited:
I popped the cap off and nothing untoward, bit of grease. Had a closer inspection around the cannonball thingys and it's just the felt thats got grease on it. No nasty smells of dif oil anywhere so just cleaned the end up with brake cleaner and Will keep an eye on it. Think i was just being paranoid. While it was on axle stands i checked for play in the bearings ( i think thats what you call it) and all good.

Now the cool bit. Put some diesel in earlier and a stranger came up to me and said "that car is awesome!"
Still grinning like a twat:)

Last edited:
Very tidy. You could easily take a shaving off that bar. I wouldn't advocate spragging the bow shackle. Simply because the bolt might then not line up with the threads.

I just ordered a couple off ebay, been round my dads and he bloody had some that fit, can't read the rating on them as theyre a bit old but chunky none the less. Probably for lifting routemaster buses as they belonged to my grandad and he was the foreman at park royal apparently.

Just routine change of the oil in both diffs. One little 'problemette' raised it's head in the form of a rounded off drain plug on the rear which I eventually managed to remove and dress up the flats on the plug to make it a tight fit in a 22mm socket. This usually happens to me when I attempt any maintenance removing and f*****g up parts you can't get replaced on a Saturday afternoon!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have some in my kit box. If you ever f*** something up at a weekend TP, you can always give me a call or Andy too I'm sure mate, and we'll help you out. Even if it means robbing something off a runner.

I have some in my kit box. If you ever f*** something up at a weekend TP, you can always give me a call or Andy too I'm sure mate, and we'll help you out. Even if it means robbing something off a runner.

Yep Chris, plenty of those and lots of other bits too collected over the past 20 years. Always willing to help.

So, having done my first bit of green laneing last month i discovered i needed a barrier around the fridge. Not needed with general camping as when arriving at your destination you tend to empty out the car, having not needed to use the fridge while the cars full.
Using stuff in my garage (hence not the perfect solution) ive made this today.
20170611_144904.jpg 20170611_150117.jpg 20170611_150110.jpg
Not overly pretty but but will try it out on the next trip. 20170611_115933.jpg 20170611_115941.jpg 20170611_112642.jpg 20170611_130339.jpg 20170611_115552.jpg

So, having done my first bit of green laneing last month i discovered i needed a barrier around the fridge. Not needed with general camping as when arriving at your destination you tend to empty out the car, having not needed to use the fridge while the cars full.
Using stuff in my garage (hence not the perfect solution) ive made this today.
View attachment 127540 View attachment 127544 View attachment 127546
Not overly pretty but but will try it out on the next trip. View attachment 127541 View attachment 127542 View attachment 127543 View attachment 127545 View attachment 127547

Good idea nick

Id prefer to have continued the wood and carpet theme, and may well do at a later date but saving the pennies!
The bit behind the back seat wants to be bigger so i can move tge electrics up there leaving room, hopefully, for one of them funky water tanks.

Nick if you look, that's why I have a divider in the back of mine. Everything ends up jammed against the fridge otherwise.

Easy to make. Just weld mesh and a frame. We'll do you one next time you come up

Replaced the autobox throttle cable. For some reason the just jam up solid after 20 years. Got the cable from Amayama but but the time the customs nazis had taken their turn it cost nearly £80 which is roughly the UK price to begin with. Adjustment is critical. Few turns either side and it drives awfully. Running nicely again now. Bit of a fiddly job but not rocket engineering.

Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 14.51.01.jpg

Spent a couple of hours this morning in the workshop, popped a new clutch in the Beemer.
Was juddering from cold (bit of a common issue on that model) and can lead to flywheel damage if left.

Fitted a modified clutch which has a built in damper, didn't think to take a pic to show the difference as I've fitted so many of them lol

20170624_085313.jpg

Took the opportunity to paint the inside of my rear drawer unit while it has been emptied for the alterations, it's been bare ply since it was built about 8/9 years ago.

Back