Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

I thought you only needed one foglight at the back ( although it might be the one on the right.... ). Which is why you always notice this one random thing hanging off the back of all the imports

The one on the drivers side is covered by the wheel. It's that one that need a to be seen.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
New 95 wheel bearing o/s/f. Outer seal badly rusted and signs of water ingress, not noisy but as I had the hub out, decided to put a new bearing in. A couple of short (12” ish) lengths of railway track made press work easier.

Not maintenance more early preparation for Romania in August, I've fitted some pretty curtains for when I sleep in the back of the truck.

Fitted JDM mirror courtesy of Richard (Starcruiser)
Also fitted new Denso injectors in preparation for a turbo intercooler tune up soon.

IMG_0615.PNG IMG_0620.JPG

Suggestion for Crispin

How about a search box attached to this thread next time you do an overhaul ?

As i say its just a suggestion brought about via 20 minutes searching for a comment i know is on here only to decide its not worth the bother , which is a shame when you think of all the useful info hidden within the 172 and counting pages of this thread .

My maintenance today was on my NatLuna fridge, when I bought it I also bought a couple of plastic baskets that fitted inside, they do fit but very tightly, when full of food it's almost impossible to lift them out so today I tried trimming them a bit, first of all I tried a flap wheel but that was too gentle, in the end I attacked with an angry grinder, the edges don't look so pretty now but they do lift out easily.

Changed the oil On the LC today. Purring like a kitten now (well as quite as a d4d kitten:lol:)

Nothing really exciting or unusual here today. Just an oil change on both boxes. Did engine and filter last week.

Changed the oil on the Corolla and then dropped the pan off the AT on the green 80. Noticed the other day that the throttle cable (the one people mistake for the kick down) was jammed. Something goes inside the cable sheath and they go sticky for some reason. Cable already on its way from Japan, so I decided to drain the fluid and do some prep. All very easy, AT fluid looked pretty good but 6 litres of fresh will do it good. Nothing on the magnets and the filter looked good too.

Slightly dusty under there but otherwise in really excellent condition. Had quite a few bits recently to keep it nice. Front and rear pads, rear discs, front exhaust section too. Oil and filter done not long ago as well as brake fluid pull through.

It's parked in the naughty corner with a seized piston in a front brake caliper!! Noticed in the dales on the long hills it was pulling under braking, wheel was getting warm too.

just boxing them up and sending to bigred.

Needs a front brake pipe too so will have to replace that, ordered a full set of flexi hoses while I'm in there.

Back